Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Dear Viniati

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Im pretty sure all companies at least look at some sort of sample or something of the product they sell.....I cant wait to see what Viniati's response is to this, and to the Scion community.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by soGone
Originally Posted by MysTiKchRis
I know the owner of Viniati vary well in fact he’s my sponsor and neighbor. It’s strange that this would happen. They usually have excellent customer service. I don’t blame them though; they’ve been so busy lately for last 3 months. They moved to a bigger warehouse that’s a long trip form where it use too be and the owner is expecting a baby soon . I haven’t even been able to kick it with him for months now and he live s a block away. And your Drifter II kit Viniati doesn’t produce those that’s why they don’t fit right. It’s usually out of the sellers hands when the 3 partie or providers sends their customers crap parts. =( ill try to give them a call for you later. Good luck man.

then you shouldest carry the kit... or you should refund me... or ... check the kit before it comes out...

what about the m3 kit folded to ____s??
I’m not Viniati so I can’t refund you anything. =) They do check out the kit before the list them on the site. Some kits just come out bad like the one you got. Almost 90% of all body kits out there have fitment problems.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

But in my opinion, if they want to do business in the Scion community, they need to make this right!!! Whatever right is. In my opinion, they need to take better care of my friend BJ.

What you do not know about BJ is that he is a very down to earth guy and is very patient. When some of us would fly off the handle, BJ tends to be the voice of reason. He would not have resorted to this post until he was at wits end.

Viniati needs to get their head out of their A$$e$ and make this right!!!
Old 01-26-2007, 07:00 PM
n7
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Wow BJ, I knew you were having problems but I hadn't heard the whole story begining to end. Vinitai definitely needs to refund your money or send you the right part in GOOD shape! That's ridiculous that its taking them this long, whether its because business has been busy, owner's having a baby...whatever. Business is business and if you don't take care of your customers then you're going to end up with a lot less customers wanting to buy from you. I'm with Brian....lets boycott them. Boo for Vinitai.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

That is ridiculous. This is one fantastic way to alienate a customer base.

Let's see, last time i checked there were over 31000 registered scion owners on here, many of which spend oodles of cash modding their cars.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

hmmm... i had been looking at vinitai to buy some stuff in the future, but now i'm not sure. how they handle this situation will surely affect my opinion of them. VINITAI IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO SAVE YOUR REP! Just help the guy out...
Old 01-26-2007, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

I'm still stuck on the fact that they folded, folded the bumper. WTF?
Old 01-26-2007, 08:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

When you say they "folded" the bumper do you mean they creased it? i.e. at the line of the fold, they compressed and squeezed the two sides of the bumper together?

It seems like a continuous run of bad luck.

What happened to the people who made the M3 bumper? Who makes it?
Old 01-26-2007, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by etli
When you say they "folded" the bumper do you mean they creased it? i.e. at the line of the fold, they compressed and squeezed the two sides of the bumper together?
Originally Posted by soGone
THEN, the bumper arrived at the body shop and during the middle of class I get a call from the body shop stating that the M3 bumper has been shipped in a box way to small for the bumper and has been folded into thirds... not just bent... FOLDED... So I called Viniati and let them know about the bumper and they told me to have the bumper heated and because it was poly-urethane it would. Now let me tell you as a Material Science Eng. major that this bumper was far from its elastic potential there was NO way it was going to return to its original shape. The body shop further affirmed this.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

BJ is a very good friend of mine as well and i have been there from the beginning of this whole ordeal and its really rediculous. I wanted that same front end as well but will never buy it now if this is what I can expect.

If Viniati is buying it from a 3rd party then they need to be able to support it, saying that the company they bought it from is no excuse for poor customer support when BJ didnt buy it from their 3rd party.............he bought it from Viniati.

At this point I would say that a refund is the LEAST Viniati could do to make this right. BJ has spent a lot of time and money going back and forth to the shop just to be dissapointed everytime and be fed an attitude. If Viniati really wants to make this right I say they refund him and ask or better yet BEG BJ to be able to be one of his sponsors and give him an entire body kit.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The reason I own Kaminari!!
Old 01-27-2007, 04:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok, I am going to post in defense. Not spite or anger because I know you need to do what you need to do and we do also.

On the Extreme Dimensions part Drifter 2 Front bumper, I have sent ED the images, and they did not get back to me because they do not warrant the fit. However I am no longer going to sell the M3 front because as you know I can't get the manufacturer to call us back.

Your body shop is working with us on the fitment and they have told me they are the ones who purchased the bumper. That is why no one has contacted you in particular, however we issued a check to them for the difference of the two.

All that I am going to do here is say, Viniati retails all types of kits and all types of mods for cars. Sometimes issues of fittment come up. If it is branded with the Viniati logo then it is going to fit. (products with the logo in pics.) The rest come from other factories and other warehouses which is why we can't possibly look at everything.

We formally apologize we want you to be happy and so does your shop. In this case We have all lost. And we are sorry it has gotten this far, but your case is still pending and until we get word that ED will warrant the return we have to wait. But we are fighting to get it resolved.

-Viniati
Old 01-27-2007, 05:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Glad to see you guys came foreward with a professional response instead of getting uppity like some other vendors on this site have done.

Still watching...
Old 01-28-2007, 04:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

wow
Old 01-28-2007, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its the body shops check... for MY car thats in the body shop because of an accident... its still MY money and MY car... as far as im concerned.

But I do thank you for the apology and thats all i really wanted from you guys.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I wanted the M3 front bumper...

I guess I snooze and I lost
Old 02-01-2007, 04:45 AM
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Viniati SUCKS.........Don't even know who they are..I know BJ. The consumer is dealing with Viniati, not the third parties or factories or the boggie man. As a business Viniati's resposibilties are to the consumers. If the vendors can't get their crap together , Viiniati should can them then move on. You have to give a little to gain a lot. In this case they gave nothing and lost A LOT. Viniati doesn't wanna refund the money until THEY get paid! WOW close up shop and do something else you will never make money like that! Viniati just lost 3 SALES by refusing to Correct 1 Mistake they made! YES THEY BECAUSE BJ bought the kit from THEM! NOT CHINA OR JAPAN run factories making shoddy stuff.

By giving one loyal kid his money back or taking the steps to correct it and making him your best salesman you now have someone with a voice who will be first hand example of what a bad company Viniati is....

My 2 cents...take it to the bank!
Old 02-01-2007, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I work in sales and if a person has a good experience with a sales person, they will tell on average 3 of their friends about it.
If that person has a bad experience with a sales person or company, they will tell 10 people on average.

Most people know at least 250 people on average in some way shape or form. Now take into effect forums when thousands of people can read a post and they continue the tell 10 of their friends of an experience, and a company can really feel the effects of it.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wait so the m3 front is no longer available its still on the site i just ordered it
Old 02-02-2007, 06:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

viniati sent me an email saying that it is back ordered when I asked them about that bumper

good luck and keep us posted on what happens with it

Quick Reply: Dear Viniati