Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

do not buy, paypal scam artists

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 04:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Default do not buy, paypal scam artists

do not buy any items from user scionsarecool or anyone with paypal email addresses of ernesto_almeda_jr@yahoo.com or justinalmeda@yahoo.com . i had recently made a transaction for a sony psp, some of you may of seen this last week on the 6th.
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...102&highlight=

i have disputed this and he is now making up a rediculous story saying im trying to loophole and scam him. and i was buying something magic the gathering? when all i wanted it to buy a sony psp.
some of his statements include.

From seller: The Apprentice on 7/15/2006 18:36 PDT
Hi, I already know what the buyer is thinking of, he posted a website that he said I was selling an item there, "psp or php" are often used on online games as money or currency. He might have created a seller and buyer account in his given website and creating messages just to make the dispute confusing. He is trying to make a loop hole on the system. You can check all my transactions here in my account and see if there's any items sold aside from an "event tickets". It would be an accurate proof for paypal. And good thing that this kind of problem happened to me so by the next time i will sell an item online i will send invoice and all information on it. I hope the buyer won't get away easily and I also hope seller protection will help me here. Thank you
From buyer: Chris Thiele on 7/15/2006 18:19 PDT
Business Name: The Apprentice Email: ernesto_almeda_jr@yahoo.com Payment Sent to: justinalmeda@yahoo.com how come i send a payment to said email but yet you are the one disputing this? i send a payment ot justin, not ernesto.
From buyer: Chris Thiele on 7/15/2006 18:17 PDT
this seller seems to be confused even with what hes dealing about. there was no idea what was bought or anything
From buyer: Chris Thiele on 7/15/2006 18:13 PDT
payment sent to justinalmeda@yahoo.com for a playstation portable system. posted june 6th 2006 on scionlife forums. screenname scionsarecool. no comfirmation after payment sent. no notice of shipment of the playstation portable system. there was nothing involved with magic the gathering online in this transaction.
From buyer: Chris Thiele on 7/15/2006 18:12 PDT
From: scionsarecool To: i_drive_a_toaster Posted: 7/6/06 6:01PM Subject: Re: PSP Quote message Well looks like the other guy flaked so youre up next. justinalmeda@yahoo.com is my paypal. Please put PSP only on comments so I know that its you. If you have any other questions just PM me. Thanks! View user's profile
From buyer: Chris Thiele on 7/15/2006 18:08 PDT
what the hell is magic the gathering online. im talking about a playstation portable system you put for sale on scionlife.com
From seller: The Apprentice on 7/15/2006 17:48 PDT
Paypal can you kindly check this guy profile if he in any case he had some other same dispute like this. He might have done something in the past, he may have got away with it by the way, and now his trying to do it again. But I hope paypal will do the right thing. "If you buy Event Tickets direct via MTGO and paid with Paypal, item(s) will be shipped on after the payment is done or within seconds, so my big confusion is why dispute after a week if items were not shipped?" This guy must be playing paypals security. Paypal should keep on eye with this kind of person and even transactions for future purposes. Thanks have a nice day.
From seller: The Apprentice on 7/15/2006 17:21 PDT
stop calling me bro, you already got your psp or "event tickets" when you paid your for it. Scamming is not on my vocabulary so stop playing games, looks like your the one scamming me. Paypal this guy already got is Event Tickets Via MTGO (Magic The Gathering Online). If this was'nt shipped to you during the date of payment you should have freaked out by that day, not on this day. Paypal I can send you a screen shot of the trade inside MTGO if you want just to make this dispute clear, I always take screen shots on every trade.
From buyer: Chris Thiele on 7/15/2006 10:07 PDT
hey bro, what is going on with this psp? you are not responding to my messages, i have no info on shipping. and im thinkin your scamming me. plz reply and either willingfully refund my money, or ship this psp. otherwise im going to settle it through paypal and get it back.
Old 07-16-2006, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

Also, you will want to email all of this to the better business bureau
Old 07-16-2006, 04:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

will do
Old 07-16-2006, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Wow, I pm'd the guy about that PSP. That sucks.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

im now out of 120 dollars and i hate my life
Old 07-16-2006, 05:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

Sorry dude. I put this on another forum I frequent.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Sux Bro. Hope you nail the sucker!
Old 07-16-2006, 07:34 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

OH MY GOD. I was the first inline for this and new this was going to happen so i didnt buy it. I saved all the PMS for him to help out whoever bought it just in case.

Its deffinetly a scam because all of his posts to get to his 20 were random posts in all different threads. Then he didnt want me to state what I was purchasing because he didnt want his wife to find out he was selling it. If you need help supporting you let me know.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

www.paypalsucks.com .....anyways, i sell a ton of merchandise and clothing on eBay and use paypal and the easiest way to get your money or tie it up for longer than he's probably wanting is to issue a chargeback with your credit card company...then paypal will hold the money and it's almost likely he'll never get your money and eventually you should get it back, PayPal does not really work to resolve problems for you but if you get your credit card company on them they sure will. Hope this helps.
Old 07-16-2006, 04:23 PM
Banned
SL Member

^^^^ this does not always hold true. I bought a set of new BSA wheels off some dip on Ebay ( names listed in my sig. ) and the jurk sent me the wrong wheels. I tried to get either/both Ebay and PayPal to at the least flag his account. I had pics of the winning auction, and the wheels that were sent which were totally opposite. Niether did anything to help out. The best i coud do was to pay to ship them back to the seller, and maybe, MAYBE i would get my money back. Needless to say, i sold the wheels to someone for what i paid for them and luckily broke even.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You should be able to get your money back if you file a claim against him with paypal. If he has no physical proof showing it was delivered the money should be refunded back to you. I've dealt with many cases like this in the past and never had a problem. On the claim just state that you never received what you sent the payment for. I mean just reading those msg's paypal should be able to tell he is scamming.

Good luck with it.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

those are the messages from the claim thing
Old 07-16-2006, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

and its already been escalated so i cant post a message
Old 07-16-2006, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Buebie
Also, you will want to email all of this to the better business bureau
Why? the BBB is not some enforcement agency...........all they do is document complaints, the only action they can take is if you "are" a member of the BBB.

i dont know why people seem to think they will do anything about it........

might as well call ghostbusters......
Old 07-16-2006, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member

You should be all good. Paypal doesnt allow any kind of seller protection on "intangible" items. Even if he has "screenshots" of the transaction, its a virtual item and the transaction can not be proven. SO more then likely you will have your cash tied up for a month or so, but will get it back..
Old 07-16-2006, 07:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Let's hope Flipped is right.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i was told by paypal they do not guarnatee or handle disputes for transactions outside of ebay, in fact seller protection is only for ebay items. I belive its in there rules or something. I learned this the hardway......i bought some HIDs outside of ebay, (seller was in japan) anyway the ballasts were defective and he refused to do anything about it. Paypal was useless and they told me that " i was on my own" because the transaction was not an ebay transaction etc. etc. and did not qualify for sellers protection. anyway i had to file a complaint with my credit card.

good luck
Old 07-16-2006, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ttt
Old 08-08-2006, 12:22 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

just wanted to update on this, was able to win my claim and get my money back.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:26 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

im glad you got your money back.