Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Do Not Buy From RosesofHouston / cleancustoms!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 04:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Do Not Buy From RosesofHouston / cleancustoms!

hey. about 5 months ago i sent kenny aka cleancustoms my center console, all of my interior trim pieces, as well as over $1000.00 through paypal so he could make me one of the molded indash monitor and cd/dvd player conversions he sells on his site. he was also supposed to paint my interior pieces as well. well, all this time later and NOTHING. not an explanation, a refund, or even a response to any of the countless emails or pm's i sent him. so basically, not only did he not send me any of the things i paid him for, but he also stole all my interior which i now have to replace. that includes the center console, the cubby, and every other piece of my interior.

bottom line, he's a thief and a liar who will take your money if you're not careful. i've talked to the mods here on sl and even they say they have a hard time getting in touch with him, but it's only because he knows they're after him for ripping me and someone else off. i'm sure he answers any pm's about doing some led's for tc's though, but he refuses to do or say anything to make this right. if you want to get robbed blind, contact kenny. he'll help you out.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this was the last message i got from him via pm. it was on feb 7, 2006. since then, he has not contacted me. he sent me this after i posted several times on his led swap thread asking him to contact me. keep in mind, he never responded to my emails, pm's or phone calls. he never closed the thread because he knew he would miss out on some extra cash.

Stop posting on the god damn thread. I am going to get it removed because of you alone. I have been warned over and over about people putting poop on there that has nothing to do with changing LEDs. People want to post a message and send a PM thinking I can get to it faster if you do that, but I can't. It cost me over 200 because I was warned and they finally said enough, the sponsor forum is not for talking about anything else then vendor poop.
Kenny
Old 02-28-2006, 05:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

first pm sent from kenny on nov 7, 2005.

"For the 7" screen that is embedded and molded, which is also painted factory color whatever you want around the screen, the total is $375. I can find a headunit for you if you are interested. I can get some things really cheap here. I know I can get an audiovox DVD headunit for $150, but there are other brands that are not that expensive. If you dont' want the screen molded, and like the last pic on the thread, then its $300. The only part that would be painted would be the area around the screen so it looked like one piece behind the center bezel.
There are alot of nice headunits on ebay that are around $200 to $300, but that is up to you. I can send you some links later on today. Take off $45 for any price I gave you so far also if you want to the be first sacrificial lamb. Trust me I do good work, and you can believe the first xA I do will be the best. I wouldn't do anything on the thread that I spend money to sponsor on, to destroy my name if you know what I mean.
Hit me up on my email so I can send you links and pics.
later,
Kenny
I think I can find some pics of an xA done the way I plan to do it. I don't like the screen all the way at the edge, it gets too much glare, I like it farther back like the xB."

this email was sent on nov 4, 2005. it was in response to some questions i had about turn around time and my concerns about the cost.

"It takes me a day to mold the ABS plastic, seal it, connect the pieces together, adding the wiring, increasing the lenght of the wiring harness, and running power connectors adn wires, and paint takes a whole day. So the profit off of that is really small.

Trust me, I am going to hook you up like never before. You should know the first one I do will be the best one so everyone else wants one. But one thing I do is never make them the same. I have only seen one screen molded in a xA, and that is in the Scion brochure. But they have the screen all the way at the front edge instead of recessed which gives you too much glare. It looked cool, but need to have it recessed. Send me a list of the parts you want painted, and I can get a quote for them tomorrow. I might even be able to get some from the wrecked one I found although there is not alot left."
Old 02-28-2006, 05:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this email was sent nov 4, 2005 in response to some questions i had about paying for everything. kenny said he would sell all my old audio equipment on ebay and that's what he would use to pay for everything. like an idiot i believed him and sold my pioneer headunit, infinity basslink, my 6.5 kenwood speakers, and some other stuff i can't remember right now. of course, he pocketed the money and never sent me a thing.

"If you want, you can send alot of that stuff here, the smaller stuff, and I can put it on ebay. It doesn't take long to sell and I could be doing everything while they are being sold. You don't have to worry about me taking your money, you could destroy everything I have invested in the forum in a heartbeat, but I wouldnt' do it anyway. If you want to do that, just pack up the smaller things and send them off to me. I will put some of them on buy it now, and some of them on 5 or 7 day auctions. it all depends on how many are ebay and the demand, and how much they have been selling for. Your sitting pretty good with the stuff you have.
later,
Kenny"

also on nov 4,2005, this email is a breakdown of the cost of everything as well as a list of what kenny would do for me.

"I figured I would write this up since I was doing all the money stuff and we are on the same page. I know you asked before and we had talked about it. Im going to mold the 7” screen into the bezel, have all the pieces painted that you send, buy the headunit and the screen, mold the headunit in, make an extended wiring harness, and extend the antenna. I think that is it. If I can come up with a way to regulate the 5V to plug in that thing you told me about, I will do it.

The screen is $100

Radio $240

Molding and painting of screen and radio $275

Whatever else the painting is, no more then $150

I still need to get the wiring harness and antenna extension. I will get yours later on and trade the bracket for the antenna extension if you want.

Later,

Kenny"
Old 02-28-2006, 05:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and btw, i have receipts and other emails from paypal and kenny showing what i paid him. this isn't just an angry customer trying to make someone look bad. my car has been torn apart for months now thanks to this thief, and i have no doubt i will never see my stuff again. i just want everyone on sl to know what kind of person they're dealing with when they do business with a shady character like kenneth rose aka cleancustoms. hopefully, some other people who've been jacked by this guy will stand up.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yikes, good thing I decided not to go through with my plan of buying from him.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this is an email from a mod written on feb 25, 2006 in response to my problems reaching cleancustoms. not even the sl mods can reach him, but he's never too busy to answer someone who wants to get some led's done. lame as anything if you ask me. definately shady.

"I've been trying to contact Kenneth over the last week with no luck. At one point he did email me, but it was as if he hadn't received any of my forms of communication. I'll try to keep you updated.

Please let me know if you're able to reach him at any point.

Troy
ScionLife"
Old 03-05-2006, 09:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump
Old 03-06-2006, 02:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

last email sent from the peeps at sl on march 3, 2006, where they have been unable to contact him at all.
i know some of the tc guys know how to contact him and i'm sure he's giving you some bullshet excuse about everything that's going on, but don't believe him. he's a liar and a theif who could have resolved this the honorable way but instead decided to take the cowards way out and pretend none of this ever happened. stay away from this guy.

"Unfortunately I've been having the same difficulty in contacting him. Our records show he last logged in to ScionLife on Feb 26th, so my latest PM's haven't reached him. I haven't received any responses to my email attempts or phone messages.

I'm in the process of freezing his advertising campaign and suspending his forum account until I can contact Kenneth and steps towards a resolution are made.

I really wish I could help out more, but I'm experiencing the same inability to contact him. I'll let you know when I hear from him."
Old 03-07-2006, 01:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that guy should be banned!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2006, 06:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

did you file a complaint with paypal, i would do it ASAP, becuase it think they have a time limit, also I would file a complaint with your credit card company and get a chargeback, just send your CC company the emails from SL and it will prove some level of fraud, you should get your money back.
sorry all that happend, he seemed like a decent guy, but I am definatly not sending my stuff to him now.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Lawsuit...
Old 03-08-2006, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sh8t I made a complaint to paypal about it he finally e-mails me saying I am not getting sh8t back and i was lying
Old 03-08-2006, 12:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I'll see if I can get some of the Houston Scikotics to try and contact him.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:21 PM
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
Scikotics
SL Member

WOW...sorry to hear about this problem...I did my gauges and console through and everything was alright.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the paypal thing has been tried but unfortunately, when i sold my stuff, i sold it through his account because he had so many more sales than i did. there is no way i'll ever see that money again unfortunately but that was my own fault for allowing myslf to be suckered. as for a lawsuit, i'm still contemplating that. i'm not sure at all what my options are and i'm not even sure if it's worth it. it really sucks but i fel like the best i can do now is just make sure no one else gets screwed. if you guys really want to help, help me figure out a way to get all my pieces back for cheap.

i guess it's just another case of bad business practice online. way too much of that crap.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This guy seemed like a decent guy, what is his deal? what a ----.......
anyways since your not in the same state it is hard to file a small claims case, but you could possibly contact a police department where he lives and see if they have an internet crimes department and go from there.

good luck and even if this guy pops up with a reason why you dont have your stuff, I wont do any business with him, and i was thinking about it. And hopefully the rest of the forum stays away from him as well.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Oh wow, guys I'm sorry to hear you all got screwed like this. I, like Thao, went to his house personally and had my gauges done there with no problem at all. However, I do understand that another of our members, Rafa (NeStReEtLeGaL I believe) has had a big problem with him as well. I last spoke with him about 3 weeks ago when he was supposed to come to my house and finish up on something else. I'll try and help out as well. I know his phone was actually broken so we were only communicating through text messages. If there is anything I can do to help out let me know.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am really not a bad dude and easy to get along with. Granted I was wrong for not getting a delivery conformation because I was rushing. What what set me off is the fact I have been trying to contact him, and once I told my insurance company and Pay Pal he finaly e-mails me back. Don't get me wrong he seems like a cool dude. I know that people got things done by him are happy. But when the post office told me that they delivered it I was ____ed. Never did any work and tell me that it will cost me for calling insurance and won't give me my money back. Naw it don't work like that. I told I am willing to squash it all if he tells me the truth. ____ My package has been missing since january 3,2006
Old 03-08-2006, 06:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't listen to me for having a bad experience becasue there are plenty of other people that had have had a good one. So you have to understand business not everything goes perfectly or goes infavor of the buyer or seller

Quick Reply: Do Not Buy From RosesofHouston / cleancustoms!