Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

DO NOT ORDER FROM AUTOPARTSWAREHOUSE.COM

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default DO NOT ORDER FROM AUTOPARTSWAREHOUSE.COM

I received an email telling me my order was on backorder, and the backordered item was cancelled.

I then called their sales line to verify that my card would not be charged in the future, even in the event the item became in stock again. The guy I was talking with said "I can't tell you that for sure, you should call your credit card company and have them stop all future payments to this company". He told me the company name was "OEM Auto parts incorporated".

However, when I called my credit card company name was "Auto parts web"

Geez i am angry about this.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow that's shady
Old 04-05-2005, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

if u have more than one credit card I would cancle the credit card that u gave them. u never know what will happen in the future
Old 04-05-2005, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well,

i think i might just be a bit angry right now. In all fairness to them, the amount is only "pending".. not "posted". so as of now, my card hasn't even been charged for the initial order.

I think what happened too is that it went out of stock between the time I placed my order and when they went to fill it. Because when i placed the order, they had 1 or 2 in stock.

We'll see what happens.

My credit card company knows the company's name, and will be disputing/reversing/not allowing any charges from that company.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:58 AM
5 Year Member

I had similar problems with them. I spoke to a live chat rep at Autopartswarehouse.com and ordered a blue K&N through him. He even price matched it with Creativecompacts.com @ $234, but never told me the item was out of stock. When I called about my order, they told me it was on backorder and could take two weeks to a month.

When I later decided to cancel the order and get a refund, I did it through the live chat guy. After everything was cancelled, he told me I'd have to wait up to 3 weeks for a refund into my bank account. I got really ____ed but he said it was policy. I told him I'd might as well wait for the part then since they would both take the same amount of time and reordered the part. I clearly asked him if my debit card would be charged again and he said no, simply to later get an e-mail that they had attempted to charge my card and failed (WTF). Thankfully there were insufficient funds lol.

I call their support line the next day near closing time and this guy breaks out of his generic customer support character and tells me I need to call this person (forgot name) who was of high position in the company and tell him my problem. He also said the live chat reps and others are idiots trying to make as much money as they can. So, I call this guy and he tells me he'll refund my money and it should take a few business days, not 3 weeks. In the end I got my money back, but it was a worthless experience. I'm not ordering from them again.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im glad to know im not the only one..

This appears to be a total hack of a company. It's sad that this kind of thing happens because it makes other people not want to order online from the little guys. When there are 'good' people out there trying to start a company.

A few hacks ruin it for everyone
Old 04-07-2005, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Admin Emeritus
SL Member

dude thats real real shady.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member

Default autopartsway.com

www.autopartsway.com is really the place to shop. I used them numerous times and never had a problem. all thier items are listed in stock or out of stock. if something is listed as out of stock you can't purchase it. the site doesn't let you do it. also they are very good with returns and they most things the same day and next day at the latest.