Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Dont ever buy from WHEELMAX

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 04:30 AM
5 Year Member

Default Dont ever buy from WHEELMAX

Well its my second time ordering from them, first time I ordered a set of RH C-5 and recieved them in great condition. Installed them and 10 min driving time the two left side tires went completely flat. I took them off right away and sent them back. They said that it wasnt there fault? Oh I guess I mounted the tires then huh? Well its been 3 years and last week I decided to try again and order a set of exel rh-5 yes I know knock offs but I thought any wheel place cant get them anyomre, misunderstood. Well a week later and while im in WV for work they arrived and my dad signed for them. So today I get home and decide to take one out to check it. To my suprise the first on was curbed dont know how the ____ that happened the ____ is still in the plastic!!! Then 2nd wheel what do I see its got a bend in it not much but I can see it. Ok on to # 3 has a knick as if your fingernail had cut it while the paint was wet and a chip off of it. The fourth one the only thing wrong with it is it looks like they painted some dirt right on the lip!!!!!! WTF 1000 dollars for wheels to get this? The only thing worth having is the tires but i didnt even check them. Well my damn dad gets to say I told you so dont deal with any comp. in other states. EXSPECIALLY WHEELMAX.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry to hear that man. Prob wont shop from them.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry to hear the troubles with wheelmax..

Its not on there new version of the site but the old version it said to make sure the proper pressure was in the tires before installing them.. did you check to make sure they had the right pressure?
Old 06-30-2005, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Online companies are sometimes like that, they use their advantage of being an online company that you can directly go to them in person and b!tch about it!
Old 06-30-2005, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

discounttiredirect.com

never had any problems with them, they are customer driven
Old 06-30-2005, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I just recently ordered my wheels and tires from WHEELMAX after a very very bad experience with wheelguyz.com . I must say i am sorry to hear of your bad experience as i have nothing but good things to say about them. Ordered my package on monday and got it on thursday in perfect condition. What did they say when you contacted them? I dealt with Sashi at ext. 1064 and he was very helpful. Anyway - good luck and i hope they take care of you, just stay away from Wheelguyz.com.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Signature Visions
SL Member

Originally Posted by phatfront
discounttiredirect.com

never had any problems with them, they are customer driven
im getting my tires from them, and they have free shipping!!!!!!!!!
they have tons of wheels, i'd get my wheels there too if i wasn't getting work wheels
Old 06-30-2005, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

moved
Old 06-30-2005, 07:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Although I have not bought wheels from Wheelmax, I have heard more negative than positive about them. They have some wheels I really like there, though.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm approaching my 30000 miles and well instead of buying new tires I figured I was just going to buy an all new setup and WHEELMAX is going to be my purchasing place. I will be buying 4 wheels along with tires form them here shortly and will let everyone know how things went from them. My brother about a year and a half ago bought a wheel and tire package of the exel brand and had absolutely no problems either with installation and or the performance so we'll see how things go for me.......anyways good luck to the rest of you and i really don't have any doubts in this company.....tC pride....aha
Old 06-30-2005, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry to hear that man, I've got a set of wheels from them about a year ago.
The tires do come under pressure. I was riding around in it for about a month till I realized that the pressure was only at 24. No wonder I was getting around 25 MPG. So I inflated it up to about 40 (max 42) handling, conering, and MPG increased drasticly! ( around 30-33 MPG, not bad for the way I drive )

I've had nothing but good experince from them, came BEFORE promise arrival date.
Paint on the rims still look good, tires still good. However, it seems that recently the site has changed completely, so maybe the service has changed also.

Here are some pics

Old 06-30-2005, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member

No I did not see the tire pressure note. Guess my dumb fault but these wheels are ____ty. John was my sales person at ext 1029, he just refered me to customer serviec, he didnt really care what was wrong, amd today I talked to Carmen I guess manager and she told me there is no way that I could see the flaws through the plastic wrap. WTF Basically telling me im lying, she said there is no way that its impossible that they would ship out 4 defective wheels. Well the boxes are undamaged so how the fauk do you explain it then? Now I had to take pics of them (left in the plastic) so they cant say I damaged them when I opened the plastic. And of course she didnt call me back like she said she would. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!! Does anyone know what I should do??
Old 07-01-2005, 05:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you paid by credit card, contact your card company and dispute the charges. They should be able to give you some advice on how to proceed.

Contact wheelmax again and ask for a return authorization number and ship everything back. You may have to foot the bill for return shipping, but it's better than getting stuck with the entire purchase price amount.

Good luck!
Old 07-01-2005, 05:33 PM
5 Year Member

Well to my suprise Carmen reviewed my pic's and sent them to her service manager. 2 Min. later she gets back on the phone and says that they will refund my money in full and send ups to my house to pick them up at no charge. So basically everything is as if I never purchased the wheels at all. But I wont recieve the refund until the wheels get to them does that sound right to anyone?
Old 07-01-2005, 05:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Yes thats correct. They have to get back the product before they refund your $$$. or you could get the refund and then keep the product and they would have no recourse.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sushiboy
Although I have not bought wheels from Wheelmax, I have heard more negative than positive about them. They have some wheels I really like there, though.
Check with www.treadepot.com and see if they carry what your looking for. If you don't see it listed, give them a call on their toll free number. I shopped around at all the different web sites for rims and tires, including wheelmax and wheelguyz. I called both and they seamed rather uninterested in helping me. I ordered from www.treadepot.com and I couldn't be happier. Purchased 17" Konig Unknowns with 215/40/17 Toyo Proxes4 tires for $899.00. That included everything, nothing else was needed when they arrived at my doorstep in 4 days. They were very knowledgable, friendly, and personable. I have recommended them to fellow SL'ers and they too have had excellent service. I know there are so many rim and tire vendors out there and it's scary to order from someone your not dealing face to face with. Give www.treadepot.com a try, you won't be disappointed. And no, I do not work for them nor I'am sponsored by them, just trying to help those out in need of rims and tires. I hope this helps. L8TR
Old 07-01-2005, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Signature Visions
SL Member

holy schnizzle, konig hurry's for $125 a piece!
Old 07-02-2005, 08:46 AM
5 Year Member

Those sales reply to email at wheelmax know notthing. Was gona but a set of sportmax wheels there and asked if 18x9.5 have any rubbing issue and they just reply " you are mistaken, they dont make 9.5" The funny thing is they do make the 9.5". Told coustomer wrong information and try to make a sale on the size that they carry. Will never buy anything from them.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

tirerack.com worked out for my friend pretty well a while ago...

on a side note; does anyone have a pair/set of o.e. steelies /w/tires they want to sell?
Old 07-02-2005, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member

This is the email I got yesterday and im a little worried that ahe wrote wheel repeatedly. I specifically said all 4 where messed up. Of course there not open today so I cant call her but hopefully they will be in monday and if there not then first thing tuesday she will be hearing from me again. Why me. Heres the email tell me what you think.

Mr Malinski,
As per our conversation, we will pick up the wheel and once the wheel is here
and inspected we will credit you back for it.
If you have anymore question call customer service.

Quick Reply: Dont ever buy from WHEELMAX