Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

ERZ industries LLC False Advertising

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 01:18 AM
5 Year Member

Default ERZ industries LLC False Advertising

So ERZ industries LLC has the Fujita CAI on sale for $120 shipped. I decided to pull the trigger and get it since it was a decent deal. When I ordered, the pull down had a choice between polished and wrinkled black. I order the wrinkled black since its my daily driver and I don't have time to keep it shiny every other day. I drive about 30 miles one way to work and it get dirty fast. I ordered it on the 4th and today, the 5th, I get an email stating that they cancelled the order because the sale was for the polished only. So I sent a response stating that I believe this is false advertising and to reconsider giving me the wrinkled black CAI as my now two google checkout emails state. I didn't make any indication as to any step I may take if they don't honor their mistake. Anyway, I'll see if they are willing to honor their mistake or if I have to file a complaint with the FTC.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Where did you see the sale listed for $120?
Old 07-06-2009, 01:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you're talking about the sale here:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=262640

It says polished only at the top. And I don't see any signs of them editing that first post.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:41 AM
5 Year Member

They changed it. On the pull down, I was able to choose wrinkled black. here is the reply I got from them (cut and paste with important stuff removed)

ERZ industries LLC has cancelled your order. Your credit card was not charged.

Reason: Other (describe below)
Comments from ERZ industries LLC:"only polish in this price, if you wish to have black its regular price order again choose polish, your order is cancel if you only want black http://www.erzperformance.com/ product_p/fujitacoldair-39.htm"

Shipping Status Qty Item Price
Cancelled Items 1 Fujita Cold Air intake Scion 2005-06 TC (CA-3101) - [COLOR:Wrinkled Black] $120.00
Old 07-06-2009, 01:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

Old 07-06-2009, 01:44 AM
5 Year Member

As with any store or vender, if they have an item labeled for sale at a certain price, they have to honor that price. So they made a mistake, reneged on it, then changed their website so no one else could order the black one at $120.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well if you're unable to resolve it with them, you're better off going through the BBB... I don't think the FTC would really care, to be honest.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:51 AM
5 Year Member

ya I really don't care if i get it at the price or not, I just wanna see if they have the integrity to honor their mistake now. heres the link to their site for the CAI
http://www.erzperformance.com/produc...coldair-39.htm

you can't choose a different color now
Old 07-06-2009, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

well the sale was for 120 is only the polished as advertised.. thats the reason they changed the pull down menu on their site coz the price is now different between black and polished.. if you have a link of the advertisement saying 120 for both then that is a different story, but hey at least they are honest and returned you money
Old 07-06-2009, 02:01 AM
5 Year Member

I understand that. I have the google checkout receipt in my email with the order and price on it. But like I said, if I can't get it thats fine, I just wanna see if they would give me it at the price I ordered it at. If their website allows me to order an item at a given price, it has then been advertised at that price regardless of what the promotion states. The mistake is theirs to honor. It would be like going to a store and the sticker has the wrong price on an item. The store is required to honor that price for that person but then has the right to go back and change it before anyone else gets it at that price.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Typographical Errors
In the event that a ERZ industries LLC product is mistakenly listed at an incorrect price, ERZ industries LLC reserves the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price. ERZ industries LLC reserves the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, ERZ industries LLC shall issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the incorrect price.

If it was an error on their end and they refunded you your money, to me they made it right. They made and error and made it right by refunding you. Just my 2 cents anyway...
Old 07-06-2009, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

I see now what you're saying.. you were able to check out the black on their website that also have a listed price of 120. well just give them a shot but the thing is they returned your money and if they corrected their website already I dont think they will be sanctioned or anything, they will claim it as tech error and has been corrected and all they would do is apologies for the inconvenience.. good luck though
Old 07-06-2009, 02:27 AM
5 Year Member

That is what I expect to happen. Maybe they'll honor it maybe not. Its about their own integrity at this point. That disclaimer would probably prevent any legal action but I wouldn't waste my time or money on doing that anyway. This could be a little bit of good PR if they honor it or bad PR if they don't. They post on here so maybe they'll wanna make it right to show that they are a good place to order from, but then again maybe they won't.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Yea I agree with that. The right thing to do is to honor their price they advertised, hopefully they do.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:48 AM
5 Year Member

Well ERZ didn't get back to me so I'm guessing the order will remain cancelled. To all on SL, you may want to consider another vendor if you are considering buying from them. There are plenty of others that would treat their customers a little better than that. Plus if you had some sort of delivery problem or received damaged goods, they might tell you its not their fault and let you deal with it.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member

just a quick update. To be fair, I did get an email back late last night, my time anyway. The deal is only for polish. So, no deal for me. Be careful with vendors unwilling to honor their prices, mistakes or not.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If it was an honest mistake, I would not expect them to honor it. Would it be cool if they did? Absolutely... but I wouldn't hold them to it. People make mistakes.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:05 PM
5 Year Member

No they don't have to honor it nor am I going to pursue it, its not worth my time. I just posted to give people one example of how they handled this situation. Maybe after reading this, somebody would rather go through a vendor that would handle this situation differently. I didn't just bash them, I'm just letting people know if they are interested.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

well at least they didn't just send you a polished one or kept your money.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:30 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by insolublex2
I understand that. I have the google checkout receipt in my email with the order and price on it.
Lets see the proof of this email?

Anyways I just ordered from them a week ago with no problem and they did not advertise the black cai anywhere. Also for $120 for a brand new intake what is there to complain about?

Quick Reply: ERZ industries LLC False Advertising