Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

GSC Motorsports SUCKS

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 11:23 AM

Default GSC Motorsports SUCKS

We'll guys I'm new and I can't seem to find anything about them here so I'm going to make this post and forgive me if I made a multiple post on this subject. I have a Blue Tc.

Okay, heres my deal, I ordered parts from KillerTc(Gsc Motorsports.com) online on 05/04/08 of course it was on Sunday but they should have gotten the order on Monday. So I pay for 2nd day shipping and I get a confirmation email with only my order information and saying that I paid for 2nd day but no tracking number or nothing. Wednesday comes and I send them an email asking if they shipped it yet, no response. Thursday comes by and I get ____ed and just call them to see what the hold up was. I didn't get the name of the first guy but I asked them what was going on with my intake, it was a weapon R Secret Weapon intake btw, and so he says he'll see whats going on and then call me back. I have enough time to go to Wendy's and eat then go hang out for a little while so I'm like okay, I 'll call them back again. A guy named Travis answers the phone and low and behold, he doesn't know what I'm talking about and will jump right on it though. I get put on hold for almost 9 minutes and I'm like wow the must be backed up cause people must be ordering so many right? I hang up and then I get a call right when I hangup and Travis tells me that they don't have it in stock which they should have posted it on their website but I am looking at it this moment on and it still is posted that they have it so I'm like what do I do about my shipping costs I payed 40 dollars to have it shipped 2nd day? He says to me well we were gonna have it directly sent from Weapon R but it seems that your's and some other order showed up in their spam folder, and we will have it shipped today with UPS now and I'll send you a confirmation email. Well, end of Thursday, no emai,l no confirmation, no tracking number. hmmmm....I don't know what to do now cause I didn't argue with them yet cause I don't want them to take my money and screw me over like some of the other posts I've seen about some other tuner companies. I saved for a while to get enough to buy that....this sucks I can barely make it pay check to pay check and then when I try to get something I got screwed. I'm sorry if I sound like I'm whining but that's my hard-earned money, not mommy and daddy's. If anyone could give me some advice, at this point I just want my part I don't care about the money. Today is Saturday May 10 08 and I still have no email from them telling me they shipped it. What to do........Anyone?.....please be helpful and not flame me cause I'm new to this.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:41 AM
SL Member

If it were me, I would call them and ask them for a full refund since you haven't recieved the product yet and then when you get your refund go to a more reputable site and company to get your intake, that way you won't worry about getting screwed and if the bigger, well known companies screw up, they are usually really good at fixing it and making sure your satisfied. Not trying to be a jerk, but this has happened to me and you just have to make sure you know who your buying from and know what they are about. Next time look into it more and make sure your ok. I know how it feels havin your hard earned money just gone like that, trust me being 16 and paying for everything I do to my car, gets hard, but good luck man.

-Drew
Old 05-10-2008, 11:48 AM

Default post subject

well I'm gonna ask for it and see what happens but for now I do not recommend GSC motorsports to anyone with a head on their shoulders. Thanks btw
Old 05-10-2008, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah they are pretty bad. I waited almost a month for my order, then when it showed up it wasnt what i ordered. So i had to send it back and wait for the right stuff.

--Keith
Old 05-10-2008, 12:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Eh, I've bought a couple things from them and never had a problem.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i bought over 1k dollars in products from them and i've never once had an issue with them.. in fact they were one of the nicest ppl ive ever delt with... you should try and talk to greg there.. hes cool and is great a getting things done....

just call... emails are crap now a days with anyone... ask for greg.. im sure he can help... ive been ordering stuff from then since 05.. NEVER had any problems.. and ive ordered atleast 6+ products from them all with extremely fast shipping
Old 05-10-2008, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they sent me my killer tater tot graphic with no prob.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:34 PM

Default hmmmm...

everyone has mixed feelings from them but I still feel the same way, they kept telling me they would get things done and they never did it. Travis told me he would get me an email friday with my tracking number on it. No email, No tracking number. I will just take your advice and contact Greg and see if I can't get my money back or my part. It just seems that they never cared about my business and my order or expediting it. Now I will never buy from them again. I was planning on making them my number one place for my modifications because they had a good selection. Now I'm waiting and waiting and nothing at all. I've been stiffed pretty much but I will call Greg and see if I can't resolve this. All in all, If you are a business you stay in business by making sure your customers are happy, not give them the run around and tell them things are getting done when they are not. Anyways, I will talk to them Monday.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:53 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by shupes31
That thing is cool. I have been debating getting it for awhile. I want a Sonic up here in Seattle. I want some tots.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:15 AM

Default hmmm.

well I talk to Greg today, it is Monday and I am happy with what has turned out. He tells me that weapon-R is having problems with their order system and it is being next day aired to me so *cross-my-fingers* so I can get my intake and be happy. I told Greg I would buy from them again and I will but hopefully it doesn't happen again. He reassured me that their company is not that kind of company so I will take that into account, considering that he called me personally and fixed the problem. ..
Old 05-13-2008, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

me too! that sticker is the best
Old 05-13-2008, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Glad to hear that you got taken care of. Ya know i think i bought my Injen CAI from them but i dotn remember it was over a year ago. But i had no problems if it was from them.

I want some tots!!
Old 05-13-2008, 01:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ucsdtc
me too! that sticker is the best
i got mine in red. pimpin
Old 05-13-2008, 01:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: hmmm.

Originally Posted by foreal916
well I talk to Greg today, it is Monday and I am happy with what has turned out. He tells me that weapon-R is having problems with their order system and it is being next day aired to me so *cross-my-fingers* so I can get my intake and be happy. I told Greg I would buy from them again and I will but hopefully it doesn't happen again. He reassured me that their company is not that kind of company so I will take that into account, considering that he called me personally and fixed the problem. ..
this is why TCPETE > baby jesus LOLOL.. j.k. .... glad i could help... and glad greg could be of help also
Old 05-13-2008, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

TCpete FTW LOL
Old 05-13-2008, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

When you talk about gscmotorosports, are you talking about killertc.com? Because thats what it seems like. If So ive ordered some items from killertc, they arent bad. somtimes the prices r pretty good. Oh and Pete how u been? lol hows my spipe doing. Im honored to have one of parts of yur car.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol.. doin good brother thanks for the pipe.. its already been welded with a new bung, heat wrapped and blessed with many curse words by me.. lol
Old 05-14-2008, 07:44 PM

Default more news

Well, I got the package finally it is 05/14/08 at 3:00pm and I have just opened it, guess what? there is no metal tubing, only a cheap plastic tube with no MAF. I got couplings and brackets. Where is the rest of my intake, OMG this is really beginning to frustrate me. I've been very patient with everyone and I just want to install my damn intake man. so I call Chris at Weapon-R and he says he checked the box himself, and everything was in there. Hmmm...I don't think I would lie about something like that. I just wanted to put it on my car and get on with my life or just get my money back. It seems that Weapon R falls short in the packaging department, I'm tired of this and tired of wasting my time. Now Chris has filed a claim with UPS and they will be coming back to pickup my package to see what happened to it. I happened to open the plastic with the plastic tubing so they will probably try to refuse my claim, and I will probably end up with nothing but an empty wallet to show for this, thanks GSC motorsports, thanks Weapon-R, I saved for 6 months and this is what happens, guess I will find people that are better to deal with and actually have a working order system in place and prompt delivery times. I mean, what do they actually do? I couldn't tell you. Anyways, HOPEFULLY.....I get my intake tubing and be able to put this behind me.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds like its more WR's fault then anything on the delivery...GSC is just the middle man here.... hope u get it resolved...
Old 05-22-2008, 03:39 PM

Default finally

I got the intake, they took care of it. I'm very happy with it. The intake needs a little rigging to get the bracket in there just right but I killed the bracket. As long as it stays in there, I'm happy. Judging from the butt dyno, I would say 6-8 horsepower. It pulls pretty hard, I picked the short ram to offset the megan 4-1 race headers so I was thinking maybe I would have power in the low end as well as the high end cause my megan headers lost torque but have it all in the high rpm range. Anyways, I'm happy with the turnout, I told them to hook me up with the oil for the foam atleast for making me wait so long, and they did. Well, thanks for the advice guys. I'll make sure I'm careful when buying in the future from any company. I was thinking MMW headers next cause I'm not totally satisfied with the megan ones, even though the megans sound pretty nice, no rasp and bees.

Quick Reply: GSC Motorsports SUCKS