Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

IKONA... WORST EXPERIENCE EVER

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default IKONA... WORST EXPERIENCE EVER

ok so this has gone on all enough... basically i ordered a garnish amongst other things from him 4 months ago and havent gotten it... hes done nothing but stalled until this point and is still convinced that it isnt his fault.. i didnt want to ahve to do this, but at this point i hvae no other choice..

He constantly told me that he sent it, but he didnt have the tracking number to prove it... sound familiar?
Originally Posted by iKONA
Look, I called the post office a few times and have asked them is there any way to find an old missing package of any sort or anything and the only way they said they can find something is by taking my information and putting it in a database where if theres a stray package they enter that info in a database and if anything matches up then they take action and send the package back to the sender. They said if they find anything they'll give me a call in day hrs and thats all they can do. I'm doing all I can do myself. If I cant respond to a message one day I'll get to it th next I have allot of things to do and I apologize.

so being obviously ____ed off i wanted a refund because honestly... 4 months is way too long and he writes
I cant issue a refund on post offices fault. The most I can do is get you anew garnish out of generosity but I cant do that right away. I have to wait till things die down and then have a free garnish I can give up out of my own pocket.

so of course im even more ____ed now and am just losing my cool because of this situation and am demanding he does something and he writes
What your not understanding is I wont be held reliable for packages that are lost in the mail. Theres no way I should be held reliable or any other company. Like I said the only way I can send you one back is after the group buy is over and the demand for my cores go down and then I can send you one of those. I also took the liberty a few days ago on posting adds stating I need garnish. If Somebody has one for sale I will gladly (out of my own pocket and generosity) purchase one of those garnishes and do the job to send you. Thats all I can do and Id like to hear about other small companies that would go that far. I'm trying to work with you.

and then i tell him that theres no way i can believe its a post office error if he doesnt provide a tracking number... in which case he writes
How about this. Today when I send a core it I should be getting one next week or at least before 10 days. How about that one goes to you instead of waiting till the list is over?

now i tried to be understanding even after how many months... so we try to work something out and he said i'll be getting hte next garnish... when i pmed him 2 weeks later he writes this
Still waiting for the cores to return.

so now i give him another week (mind you this is a month ago) and he writes
I still havnt gotten a core back. I should be getting 2 back thats the thing. Dont t hink I forgot about you. No way! I know the second a core comes in it needs to be sent to you. Once I get one itl be in the mail with in 3 days.

and then another week later
I'm sorry but I still haven't gotten one yet... I'm talking to another member on SL aboutbuying his. Ill contact you when I get a garnish in.

John

and after another angry response by me he writes
I dont have control over other people. THe most I can do is contact them to send their stock garnishes back which I have done already. Theres nothing more I can do but wait.

so after some more yelling he writes this to me 3 weeks ago
Well I have some good news. I cant say who exactly for privacy reasons but Mr blank cought me late last night on AIM and let me know that he was going to send me back a garnish today. As soon as that one comes in I'll have it ready for you with in a few days.

soo.. i was out of town for 2 weeks on some business and i figured by the time i get back i should ahve this mystery garnish of mine waiting when i get home.. BUT GUESS WHAT? no garnish... so after another ____ed off PM he writes this..
Well right now my paypal is on hold because of 2 guys that I DID send their garnish out but also didnt get it. The thing is there was insurance on those so their forcefully going to get settled in the next few days - a week. Until then I have no funds but once its all settled I'll be ordering some garnishes and I'll get you the first one. I know you'll enjoy the garnish and I apologize for everything. I know you understand that I made a mistake with the core exchanges and allot of people are paying for it which is killing me and I am trying to take care of this customer at a time. but you still have every right to be angry and I understand that. Thanks again buddy!

John

so not only did he not send my garnish, but he decided to send 2 other people a garnish before mine... WTF IS THAT?

so i wrote to him..
"ok.. then tell me.. what are you doing to satisfy me? cuz i have no clue what ur doing besides stalling.. are you going to a dealership to buy a new garnish? are you pulling money outta your own pocket to make this right? tell me what ur doing besides waiting and maybe ill start to believe you.. cuz all you've been saying to me for the past 4 months is that you're waiting and its outta your hands.. SO WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR ME?"
Once I have money I'll be putting it all into fixing problems with everybody which is my punishment for being careless. Taking money out of my pocket and fixing what needs to be fixed. Like everybody I also have to make it by and the past month everything that can go wrong has been going wrong. Things are now picking back up. Jobs coming in local and out of state, and starting to make products for ford and Mitsubishi so soon I'll be able to fix everybody's problems starting with you.

soo.. im officially ____ed off... i dont see how its ok for this guy to just walk around taking peoples money.. i def. dont understand how hes still a sponsor on this site either.. dont hte mods care that hes ripping off countless people? ive had enough of this assss and cant believe the crap he's trying to pull on people.. i will officially be stomping on all his threads from this point on..
Old 07-16-2008, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

get em'
Old 07-16-2008, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

damm, talk about a runaround.......

at least, AT LEAST!! he responds his emails/PMs, LOL

thanks for sharing
Old 07-16-2008, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^^ well put and well laid out.

I'm with you. I say we "run this guy out of town" cause he is just straight up

ROBBING PEOPLE!

I have had a ver similiar experience with many messages just like your. I am one of the ppl that have a claim against him and it should be settled tomorrow.

After tomorrow it will be my #1 goal to harass this guy on every move he makes on here. He has already been kicked of SioNRG.

He is taking advantage of nice ppl in the Scion Community and it is just not right....

STOP HURTING PPL iKONA!
Old 07-16-2008, 03:57 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

dman this guys a dick i cant believe hes still doin this ____ wit every1 wat a douche ever since he changed to i kona from delta customs hes had nothing but bad feedback its kinda ridiculous he has a good $1000+ in money sent to him from other customers its efed up and sumthing needs to be done its kinda ridiculous that he hasnt even said sh*t to any1 either
Old 07-16-2008, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by rosedaleny806
dman this guys a dick i cant believe hes still doin this poop wit every1 wat a douche ever since he changed to i kona from delta customs hes had nothing but bad feedback its kinda ridiculous he has a good $1000+ in money sent to him from other customers its efed up and sumthing needs to be done its kinda ridiculous that he hasnt even said sh*t to any1 either
I paid him $230... he has recieved a lot more then $1000 based on all the stuff that I have read.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

last i heard... he was a member of scionrg

isnt that your club?
Old 07-16-2008, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

<-- is starting to get a little uneasy
Old 07-16-2008, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scionarra
last i heard... he was a member of scionrg

isnt that your club?
o0o0o0o0o0 lol jk
Old 07-16-2008, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im not
Old 07-16-2008, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what were you expecting from a little kid who steals ppls ideas and markets them as his and has a car that looks like a flat candycane... they had another name and they were known as delta customs... hmm wonder why they changed the name... ...probably did the same thing to others...

i hope u fix it all and get your money...

that dude is major FTMFL!
Old 07-16-2008, 05:06 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

he is apart of the club i think its kinda effed up that he can do this to people even in his own car community pretty effed up too bad too i wanted a badgless garnish o well i remember i wanted plugs for the bumper and key hole and he constantly insisted on me sending him the money even for the CF garnish i wanetd he constantly asked for the money nicely i knida felt like sumthing was fishy and never sent it thank god i didnt now
Old 07-16-2008, 05:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

all i can say is im glad i got my money back after about a month and a half of waiting i gave up and filed a dispute with paypal. i would suggest the same for anyone who is fed up with this guy.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah this is all my correspondence with him since I placed payment on 4/4:

My first request for an update, sent on 5/5/08:
Hey man, just checking in for an update. Here's my info:

Ryan Blackwell

Super White / Core Exchange

No rush or anything I just thought I'd check in

Thanks
I never got a reply to that, in the garnish thread someone was saying something about having a package lost, and purchasing insurance for it. So, in the thread, I asked how to purchase insurance.

I received this message from iKona on 5/7/08:
Hey, If you want insurance itl be just $4 paypalled to johnperez@i-kona.com

Sorry for any confusion

I then responded later that day on 5/7/08:
Sent! It's cool I was just curious. I guess whenever the thing arrives if it's damaged I'll just contact you to see what the protocol is, but hopefully everything turns out ok. I'll keep checking the thread for updates.

Thanks man

- Ryan

I still hadn't heard or seen anything regarding my garnish, so I sent this message on 5/27/08:
Hey man,

just checking in for an update on the status of my garnish, I had a Super White/Core Exchange, name was Ryan Blackwell

thanks!

- Ryan

I received a reply on 6/3/08, although I think he just ignored the PM I sent on 5/27, and is instead responding to my complaining in the thread itself, since he asks me to leave my name which I already left him in two previous PM's:
Hey, I apologize for not getting back to you sooner, if you can elave me your name I can give you an ETA today . Thanks allot!

John

To which I replied later that day on 6/3/08:
It's totally cool I understand, name was Ryan Blackwell

Thanks man

- Ryan

I never got a reply from him, so I replied to the message again, this time mentioning what I ordered. Sent on 6/10/08:
It's totally cool I understand, name was Ryan Blackwell it was for a Super White / Core Exchange.

Thanks man

- Ryan

I never received a reply, so I started bringing it up in the thread itself, talking about trying to get the deposit back and stuff. Eventually on 6/26/08 he sent me this message:
Hey how are you? I'm sorry but I wont be able to send you the deposit back . If you can tell me your name I can tell you an ETA of when the garnish should arrive. I'm sorry for any inconveniences that I have caused but will do my best to satisfy you and everybody.
To which I responded later that night on 6/26/08 with:
Heya,

Yeah I figured, I know Paypal is a biscuit with the fees and policies.

My name is Ryan Blackwell, Paypal account is "aspeculativefiction@yahoo.com".

I had a Core Exchange in superwhite.

Any sort of ETA would work, it's been a couple months now so I'd just like to have some peace of mind.

My cell is 301-752-0852 if you wanna call and gimme a status update. I'll be on vacation for the next week or so but I'll have my laptop and cell on me so I can check up.

Thanks man,

- Ryan

That is the last time I had any direct communication with iKona. That's 5 requests for an ETA or update with no reponses. I just filed an escalated claim with PayPal a few days ago, although I'm sure it's too late to actually do anything about it.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i actually had this mod on my "to-do" list to go completely badgeless but not anymore.

bbist c/f badgeless hatch garnish ftw.

hope you ppl that already paid get your finished product or your money back...
Old 07-16-2008, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks for the support everyone.. i say we run this ___ggggggot outta SL... he's done enough damage.. my question being that if he screwed over so many people, how come the MODS and crap dont run him off of SL as a sponsor? i dont get that ____.. threads get locked for bad content all the damn time, but this guy can run around stealing money and still stay on? that doesnt make sense

Originally Posted by dave2610
<-- is starting to get a little uneasy
honestly dood.. just file a complaint and get a refund.. cuz its just gonna get worse..
Old 07-16-2008, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats why i'm doing the garnish myself! i got a hold of an extra one... if i do eff it up, i have my original one that i can just put on!
Old 07-16-2008, 05:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ive made a few mistakes and I'm paying for them. I have a few people who are real upset with me and I'll be doing what I can to make it up to them either by refund or by the product.

With Smile I did send it out but there is no way I can prove that I did because I dont have anything to prove I did so I'll be doing what I can to take care of him.

Ddploin - I sent you the thing and showed you proof of tracking and insurance. Its not my fault that you didnt get it but I'm still letting paypal refund you the money so there should be nothing more to that.

If anybody thinks I'm running scams here then tell that to the hundreads of satisfied customers.

This is a perfect example of what I say. Do a good job and 3 people will hear about it, do a bad job at 20 people will hear about it.

Core exchanges was a huge mistake on my behalf and I can only take care of them one at a time until everybody is refunded or has their product. Like I said if anybody thinks I'm scamming because of a few bad jobs then go ahead think that. I wouldn't own a scion and then scam a community that I'm apart of.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont hate you john...
Old 07-16-2008, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know Jeff your a good guy.

Keep in mind everybody I'm working hard and trying to do what I can to make it better with everybody no matter what they say about me or what they try to do to me. I just started doing products for other cars and expect to use the personal income from that to buy new garnishes to send to everybody who still is so posed to get one. Like I said I made a mistake and now I'm paying for it and will be paying for it to learn my lesson.

Even though a few people have things against me I have nothing against them and refuse to argue with anybody or even let this get me down. Business has been real down the past month but right now its soaring up. So like I said that means I get my income which I'll be using to fix problems. keep in mind I'll be working as fast as I can but at the same time have to take care of myself (bills, expenses, etc)

So if you have a problem with me then let me know personally with out being a dick about it and itl make it allot easier for me to deal with.

Quick Reply: IKONA... WORST EXPERIENCE EVER