Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

IKONA... WORST EXPERIENCE EVER

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

I'm not posting that to make light of the situation... but who wouldn't love to see the iKona v. ScionLife episode??
Old 09-15-2008, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

x100000000 lol
Old 09-15-2008, 04:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by iKONA
If you bothered to read anything you'll see that when he got it, it looked fine. So it came in good condition no oval or anything. A few weeks all of a sudden it appears? I don't want to say owners error... But what els can I say...

The thing is I offered to fix it for no cost at all even though I cant be held responsible for that. But instead he insists on trying to ruin me which isn't going well, he should have taken the free offer to repair.

Question answered, problem explained.
how can shady prep/sanding work (as seen on teecizzles pic) on a 'finished' garnish be an 'owners error'?!?!
Old 09-15-2008, 07:53 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by nebster
we exchanged this pm earlier this weekend, i foudn it funny

iKONA wrote:
Hey man, I wanted to know how much you'd charge if I brought you a garnish I debadged to have it wrapped in CF. Just the face and what ever is visible. Its for a customer of mine I had since the start so dont but rape me no the price its not for me its for him.

I was going to scoobasteve it but he stole my cf cubby panel/ acrylic cubby panel design idea by buying mine and copying it.

He also is starting to get some bad feedback about turn around time and your local so I can just drop it off and pick it up when ever its ready. If its ok thats the thing I dont want to intrude.

No weave in particular the customer says, what ever looks great. Also would I need to clear coat it? Or is it ready to put on w/ out premature fading in the future?

LMK

Thanks

John

i wont do that for you. you shouldn't tell a customer you can make one when you cant. i do not want my name associated with you or anything you do at all.

thanks
Are you serious? Wow! GL iKONA, you'll need it.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:02 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Originally Posted by nebster
we exchanged this pm earlier this weekend, i foudn it funny

iKONA wrote:
Hey man, I wanted to know how much you'd charge if I brought you a garnish I debadged to have it wrapped in CF. Just the face and what ever is visible. Its for a customer of mine I had since the start so dont but rape me no the price its not for me its for him.

I was going to scoobasteve it but he stole my cf cubby panel/ acrylic cubby panel design idea by buying mine and copying it.

He also is starting to get some bad feedback about turn around time and your local so I can just drop it off and pick it up when ever its ready. If its ok thats the thing I dont want to intrude.

No weave in particular the customer says, what ever looks great. Also would I need to clear coat it? Or is it ready to put on w/ out premature fading in the future?

LMK

Thanks

John

i wont do that for you. you shouldn't tell a customer you can make one when you cant. i do not want my name associated with you or anything you do at all.

thanks

WHATTT??? wowwww thank god i never ordered
Old 09-15-2008, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

^ Oh no...

Delta (yea, you changed your company name to iKona because of the negative image 'Delta Customs' earned),

It's time to start refunding people's money. You're in over your head. You're asking other people (Nebster) for help to bail you out.

There are people here who are ready to hop a plane and come knocking on your door (or at least take you to court).

You need to man up and accept that this whole Delta Customs/iKona thing isn't gonna work out.

Banning you for poor business practices and outright scamming of ScionLife members would only protect you from all of your unhappy customers contacting you. Quite frankly, that's an easy way out and you're in too deep to deserve that.

It's time to stop defending yourself, blaming the post office for losing packages, hiding behind the 'it's a core exchange' excuse and give these people their money back.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just a check in. After i started posting things here, iKONA sent me a tracking number (USPS) for the keyhole and bumper plugs that I was expecting. It was my first contact with him since the sale. According to the tracking number, it got into the mail on the 9th, but I don't have it and of course I can't see when it's supposed to come since it's USPS. I will have a full report here if and when they show up, but like I said, nothing yet.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes lets take this KID to court!

see this is what a high school education gets you...

a kid who thinks hes the **** when **** is all he really is...

I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!! AND MY OLD GARNISH...
Old 09-16-2008, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by burstaneurysm
^ Oh no...

Delta (yea, you changed your company name to iKona because of the negative image 'Delta Customs' earned),

It's time to start refunding people's money. You're in over your head. You're asking other people (Nebster) for help to bail you out.

There are people here who are ready to hop a plane and come knocking on your door (or at least take you to court).

You need to man up and accept that this whole Delta Customs/iKona thing isn't gonna work out.

Banning you for poor business practices and outright scamming of ScionLife members would only protect you from all of your unhappy customers contacting you. Quite frankly, that's an easy way out and you're in too deep to deserve that.

It's time to stop defending yourself, blaming the post office for losing packages, hiding behind the 'it's a core exchange' excuse and give these people their money back.
I agree with Ian.... John.. its the time to pack up and start owning up to your problems... you are way over your head and obviously didn't take my advice on the other thread you have tearing you to shreds... how can you place blame on the customer constantly and never admit guilt.. you have back and forth excuses but never a apology from yourself, always an excuse...

Final words.. own up, and pack up your business... refund the monies that is owned... and walk away.. Leave with what dignity you have left.

Everyday i see this thread pop up, its time for it to die, and the only person that can do that is YOU!!
Old 09-16-2008, 01:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

lol @ the PM ben got. how pathetic.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You guyz Wont believe what IKONA PM'd me!

He wants to "start fresh" w/ his company....has Offered to "repair" my already Fk'd Garnish....then also give me a set of FREE keyhole plugs & Bumper plugs!

He still owes me $10 that hes tole the first time for "express shipping"...

There is No way in HELL I am going to resend my Garnish back to him...Not knowing WHEN I will get it back...or Even get it back!!!!....
Old 09-16-2008, 01:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats like the 4th time I offered to fix it bro. If you dotn want to then dont have it done, simple as that.

Like I said itl be done with in a few days of me getting it.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

John, you have to understand that you have lost any shred of trust and integrity that you once had here.

As Rage and I have said, and will continue to say; your best way out of this is to issue the refunds to those who have not received anything and go from there.

I truly believe that Delta Customs/iKona has gone as far as it can.
I know it sucks, but you need to realize that offering to fix something that should've been right the first time isn't going to fix everything.

You know you're in trouble when your PMs to other members here are laughed at. Hell... nobody even bit on your 'free plugs' thread in GL. People don't want your products, even if you're giving it away.

I hope you seriously consider your current path and make the necessary changes to it.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

iKONA.... just reading some of the stuff on this thread... I've been selling on eBay for a long time...and using that as an example for you.... It will ALWAYS make your customers happy AND give you a 100% great rep if you send each and every order shipped in a mannor that YOU and your BUYER can track its progress. and/or be insured. I guarentee you that every single buyer is willing to pay a couple extra bucks if they know their order can be tracked in transit. This is NOT a bash against you in any way. I've been a seller there for a long time and that will keep your customers happy and cover your own ___ (CYA) by you being able to prove if something was sent.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mouse
iKONA.... just reading some of the stuff on this thread... I've been selling on eBay for a long time...and using that as an example for you.... It will ALWAYS make your customers happy AND give you a 100% great rep if you send each and every order shipped in a mannor that YOU and your BUYER can track its progress. and/or be insured. I guarentee you that every single buyer is willing to pay a couple extra bucks if they know their order can be tracked in transit. This is NOT a bash against you in any way. I've been a seller there for a long time and that will keep your customers happy and cover your own butt (CYA) by you being able to prove if something was sent.
x2

I too sell a ton of stuff on eBay. If someone buys something before 4PM CST M-F (3PM Sat), It ships the same day, with Insurance and Tracking, which I usually pay out of pocket for. This is why I have 100% Feedback...buyers first over everything. Tats ma matto!
Old 09-16-2008, 02:21 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by STNC
iKONA.... just reading some of the stuff on this thread... I've been selling on eBay for a long time...and using that as an example for you.... It will ALWAYS make your customers happy AND give you a 100% great rep if you send each and every order shipped in a mannor that YOU and your BUYER can track its progress. and/or be insured. I guarentee you that every single buyer is willing to pay a couple extra bucks if they know their order can be tracked in transit. This is NOT a bash against you in any way. I've been a seller there for a long time and that will keep your customers happy and cover your own butt (CYA) by you being able to prove if something was sent.
x2

I too sell a ton of stuff on eBay. If someone buys something before 4PM CST M-F (3PM Sat), It ships the same day, with Insurance and Tracking, which I usually pay out of pocket for. This is why I have 100% Feedback...buyers first over everything. Tats ma matto!
Bingo there. Now he'll have this info X2 from seasoned sellers on eBay that both have 100% positive feedback because we use this method... and I too sometimes will pay the extra out of my own pocket from the profits to insure that my customers get their product in the condition promised, and WHEN promised.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by STNC
x2

Bingo there. Now he'll have this info X2 from seasoned sellers on eBay that both have 100% positive feedback because we use this method... and I too sometimes will pay the extra out of my own pocket from the profits to insure that my customers get their product in the condition promised, and WHEN promised.
Exactly!

Super eBayers FTW!

iKona FTL!
Old 09-16-2008, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If teh guy doesnt wanna cooperate i wont cry about it or continue to ask. If eh wants it fixed hell let me know. You guys need to be able to see both sides of the deal here which most of you only care to see one side. The bad side. Believe and think what you guys want. Near 350 customers this year alone seems pretty good to me being a 1 man show that I am. I made my mistakes and Im trying to fix it. Enough said. I'm gonna stop saying attention to this thread and focus more on my ebay acc, the rest of my SL threads, new products, customers that PM me, and expanding key hole plugs to other cars. Catch me on PMs guys.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Yea. I'm there too, guys.
100% ebay feedback, tons of successful Craigslist transactions and some successful ones here.

It's not hard to send something out, and I have NEVER had a problem with USPS.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by burstaneurysm
Yea. I'm there too, guys.
100% ebay feedback, tons of successful Craigslist transactions and some successful ones here.

It's not hard to send something out, and I have NEVER had a problem with USPS.
I only had one problem, and I'm pretty sure I shipped it to the wrong address, and didn't insure or track it, It was a personal package though...NOT A CUSTOMERS!

Quick Reply: IKONA... WORST EXPERIENCE EVER