Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

IKONA... WORST EXPERIENCE EVER

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 06:24 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

paid $150 to do my rear garnish (when i was in San Diego). you can ride around without the garnish (idk if it'll work okay in the rain tho), but you TBL still functions. it's a clean worthwhile mod imo. just find a good body shop from recommendations
Old 07-16-2008, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

iKONA... I don't hate you either ( hate is just a waist of energy) but......

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THEN WORDS!

I order 4 or 5 things a month from ebay and other websites. Everything shows up on time. Never had a problem. I get a confirmation that the order was recieved, I get a confirmation when the order was shipped out, i get a tracking number that actually tracks my package ... and then it shows up. NO PROBLEMS!

If all these people are not receiving there packages then:

a. you are not writing the correct address
b. you are going to a make-believe post office that is keeping your stuff

or

c. you're lieing.

1 missing package, understandable, 2 missing packages, questionable, 3 missing packages, something is not right, 4,5,6,7,8,9,

Something is going wrong. If the PO was actually looseing this many packages they would be out of business.

Do you not put a return address on them?

Have you ever heard of FedEx or UPS... they always deliver and they have great tracking.

FedEx ground is cheap ... no problems. It might cost a dollar or 2 more but it would keep you in business.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Banned
SL Member

Wow... This is getting crazy. I had someone PM me about the quality of his work, and then now I hear about this. No thanks.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:43 PM
Banned
SL Member

eh..dang everyone makes a couple of mistakes now and then. Usually I would be on your side I-kona because I could imagine how time consuming your job must be but if the customer asks for there refund..you should have just gave it to them especially if you took 4 months.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:13 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

im not takin sides...but ddplion is right. lol
if a package is never delivered then where does it go?
if it doesnt get to whoever bought it and it doesnt come back to you......?
no return address?
and why not just get delivery confrimation for all your packages.
its like $1 more and it wouldve saved you all this trouble.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i still can't believe he's doing business on this site.

where are all of the happy ikona/delta customers at?

:rickets::
Old 07-16-2008, 10:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ddplion
iKONA... I don't hate you either ( hate is just a waist of energy) but......

ACTIONS SPEAK LOADER THEN WORDS!
werd.. TALK IS CHEAP MAN...

and unlike ddplion.. i do hate you ikona..
Old 07-16-2008, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by toeveryhour
i still can't believe he's doing business on this site.
i dont understand it either.. if you mess up 1 ppc sale then u get IP banned.. this guy screwed over multiple people outta hundreds of dollars of merchandise and he's still allowed to do business on this site.. wheres hte justice?
Old 07-16-2008, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by smilezdc
___ggggggot
Let's refrain from that word...

I was talking to a friend about I-Kona, and I think what happened is he came on way to strong, offering to do way to much, and especially if its a one man operation, which i dont know if it is, but you just need to get a system down. Just take a break, settle everything, and then reopen the store, because its currently closed...Because I tried to get a badgeless garnish ordered yesterday but I couldnt...
Old 07-16-2008, 10:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by purpled_out_tC
paid $150 to do my rear garnish (when i was in San Diego). you can ride around without the garnish (idk if it'll work okay in the rain tho), but you TBL still functions. it's a clean worthwhile mod imo. just find a good body shop from recommendations
i didnt know u were shaved..
Old 07-16-2008, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by STNC
___ggggggot
Let's refrain from that word...

I was talking to a friend about I-Kona, and I think what happened is he came on way to strong, offering to do way to much, and especially if its a one man operation, which i dont know if it is, but you just need to get a system down. Just take a break, settle everything, and then reopen the store, because its currently closed...Because I tried to get a badgeless garnish ordered yesterday but I couldnt...
i know you mean well and all, but ill stick by my words.. no disrespect to you tho.. lets just pretend that the word just means a pile of sticks like it says in hte websters dictionary..
Old 07-16-2008, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats cool dude, dont just want a mod up in here,

and I-Kona,

I still trust you
Old 07-16-2008, 10:31 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

my rear garnish, yup got it done in San Diego. I wanted the antenna too, but he said $600. i can't remember if it was $600 plus the $150; or if he meant both together, but whatever it was i didn't want to pay that amount at the time.

edit: after 4 months i would be understanding about it either. that's money that he could've used towards something else. can't handle the heat, get then f out of the kitchen. straight up, money isn't just lying around these days.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

___ggggggot
first of, you're ignorant for having to use that word like it would get you your product faster... and yes it is ignorant...

more importantly, im very disappointed in the delay all of this is goin on... if its gonna take long, dont bs the customer and say that you're talking to usps about it... i work for a company that directly reports to the usps and yes they lose things once in a while but its very rare, and if you did lose something, the next time, they car to treat your packages much better...

i think its just too much load he took in... having to work a full time job and doin this on the side is crazy! after all, he is only a one man operation...

in my opinion, and a lot would probably agree, that if a product is delayed for whatever reason, it is better to be upfront with your customers and tell them you need more time... the result of that will be much more rewarding the teling them you're waiting on a reply from the usps bc if you call the usps and something is missing, a lot of it can be resolved within a day or so...

but again... that smilez kid is still ignorant
Old 07-17-2008, 01:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

has anyone ever even seen his work personally?

it would help it if he knew how to do the sanding/filling... heck - it would even help if he knew how to color match the paint!

you should see my keyhole plugs!

And how come it seems like EVERY FREAKING PACKAGE he sends out gets LOST in the mail?????????? I've never heard of the post office screwing up SO MUCH on one single person's business items. He is shady and LIES. Heck, even my order was "lost in the mail." this is getting ridiculous. Yeah, he says he tries and is waiting for cores. That's HIS problem. Get him off of this site already.

You think people would learn from all of these complaint threads already. QUIT GIVING HIM YOUR MONEY!
Old 07-17-2008, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I think we all should put "Say no to Ikona" or "Ban Ikona from Scion Life" in our signatures.

LOL
Old 07-17-2008, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

John, John, John... Tracking Numbers. Delivery Confirmation. Insurance.

It'll save you every time. A stupid mistake can totally ruin your reputation. Now, I'm not saying you had a sterling reputation before, but if you wanna fix your mistakes, it's time to act on it now, not later.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow, i pmed him about 2 months ago about a rear emblem, when i got a response for $11 shipped i paypaled immediately and waited (5/29), this same day i paypaled scott8 $9 for a front emblem, well, i got the front in about a week. after 12 days i pmed him asking the status, assuming he was just swamped from all the garnishes.
he wrote "Wow my bad! I'll send you one tomorrow! Thanks!"

so 15 days after that i still havent received the emblem, so i wrote to him again,
He wrote back "Hey whats the address? I cant quite remember if I resent you one but I'll send you one tomorrow. I'll then give you a tracking tomorrow afternoon."
so i resent him my address, which i also put as a note in the paypal transaction, and pmed him 2 days later asking for my tracking number.

he wrote back "Hey I apologize! I'll send it tomorrow. Can I have your address one last time? Sorry again." like seriously, how many times are you going to lose my address.
so i sent it again, hoping for a tracking number, 4 days later, still nothing. so i pm him AGAIN. this time, no responce. so i go into a ppc thread and see this https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...532&highlight=

emblems shipped for $8???? wtf, i just sent him 11 and still havent gotten mine. i mean whatever its $3, but still, thats bs. finally he gave me a tracking number from usps 1 month and 5 days later.

seriously, no one should be doing business with this kid.

oh and big ups to scott8 for getting me mine out right away.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by toeveryhour
I think we all should put "Say no to Ikona" or "Ban Ikona from Scion Life" in our signatures.

LOL

Old 07-17-2008, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

^^^ that would be funny!

Quick Reply: IKONA... WORST EXPERIENCE EVER