Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

IKONA... WORST EXPERIENCE EVER

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 05:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I did take way more then i can handel and like I said I'm working on fixing everything one guy at a time. I appreciate the people who can stand up for me and I respect everybody in this thread no matter what they say. Like we all know and many of us said every business has a few bad deals I just happened to mess up allot at once and will be proving that things will be taken care of in the customers favor. What more can I say? I made my mistakes, am man enough to admit it, hope the best for everything and will work to make everything the best, and even though I have a good hand full of complaints its not going to happen again. I still have a huge boat load of good rep and good and great customers that I love! I love any customer because if I didnt have any customers Id have nothing. The business is all I have and wont let anything bring me down and wont let anything ruin this. This is just something I'll look bat at in the future and tell myself dont make those mistakes and tell new business owners that I meat to not make the same mistakes.

Point is I know I did bad, deserved to be stoned, but stop stoning me so I can fix the problems! I know I screwed up big time but just at least if you few people who think real bad of me can stop trying to put me down and just think positive (I know its difficult) But if not for me then just so that the people who feel screwed can feel better and know that I will make things right.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

P.S and for the 4-5 of you who are going to be ordering new or sending me your garnishes please know that I promise and guarantee personally and for the record of my business that you will be satisfied with the product.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

I wouldn't guarantee anything based on your past record.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd be leery of a 19 year old trying to run a business. For one, someone at such a young age doesn't have experience in the industry. Personally, it doesn't matter what their track record is like at a young age. Good or bad, I'd prefer someone that's been working and understands the responsibilities and commitments in owning and running a business for a decent amount of years over the guy who's trying to get off the ground. Sure, you all have to start somewhere, but I'd suggest working as an assistant or apprentice in the area of work you want to work in so you can understand and deal with the pressures of business and that will prepare you better for what to expect and how to react to it. I think iKona's mistake is that he committed himself to a larger task than what he could handle. He can't accept people's requests and money and promise work to be completed without understanding what his own limits are. Overall, I believe that his reputation is trashed, and honestly, he should stop with his "business". It's apparent that his craftsmanship is poor and he isn't committing to his promises/responsibilities. Why should the consumer put up with a failing business?
Old 07-17-2008, 06:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Unique Scionikz
SL Member

I wouldn't guarantee anything at this point iKONA.

I say you stop taking in orders for the time being, fix the problems you have now, and then re-open once you can gain people's trust again. (maybe under a different name again...)
Old 07-17-2008, 06:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

so... who else paints interior pieces for a decent price?
Old 07-17-2008, 06:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Unique Scionikz
SL Member

Originally Posted by breaux_tC
Any local body shop should be able to do it for you... and you wouldn't have to pay shipping. Same with the rear hatch garnish.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by KINGxOFxSKA
Any local body shop should be able to do it for you... and you wouldn't have to pay shipping. Same with the rear hatch garnish.
ill have to look into it but most places around her normally charge an arm and a leg for paint... on the other hand, some of the paint john did was very impressive
Old 07-17-2008, 06:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

STOP POSTING on this forum and finish that garnish!!

but anyways be easy on this guy.. maybe someone in the post office drives a scion and took it.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ Some garnishes do go out in a "genuine toyota" logoed parts box. No excuse from my behalf but things do happen.

P.S For the books I do get tracking and confirmation on every order. For Smiles I neglected the slip and missplaced it which is my fault and I cant back anything up so thats completely on me but on Ddploin I gave a tracking and insurance number. That was actually LIT (Lost in transit) Like I said it had insurance so that will be settled fairly for both of us. For the record it was a perfect job...

I appreciate the helping word Jamessicat25 and BreauxtC!
Old 07-17-2008, 07:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

P.S for anybody who wants to see some of the garnish jobs go here.

http://www.delta-customs.com/Catalog...ssGarnish.html

Also theres a link there of a "how to care for your badgeless garnish" because most people don't know that stress on any badgeless garnish done by me or somebody els will over time force the filling to separate from the panel. So this will cover for my and anybody else's job that people think is a bad job, but it explains on how this happens. Thank you if you take the time to read the write up!
Old 07-17-2008, 07:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

The "lost in the mail" excuse simply doesn't fly. I move in excess of 1,000 parcels a year via USPS, and in the last 3 years, wanna know how many packages have gone missing? Two. And one customer is pretty sure somebody stole the package off of his porch.

Four months is just unacceptable. I'm guilty of a delay or two myself-- everyone overextends themselves at some point-- but if you can't finish the orders you already have in the queue, maybe it's a good idea to stop taking new ones.

Oh, and if you're doing this properly, there should be no separation issues. If you're just filling the indentation with Bondo or similar filler, then you're, umm... doing it wrong.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

gauntlet

Old 07-17-2008, 08:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

seriously, how much work does it take to mail out an emblem, cause thats all i wanted and it still took over a month. no work involved at all. just pay the post office, and give me a tracking number, like i said, scott8 did it that day.

ps. nobody that works for the postal service commited a felony over a stupid garnish.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

this is all just rediculious. I did know so many ppl out there were watching all this.

You gotta admit ... the kid is positive.

He just doesn't realize that bull-____ will only get you so far.

Tracking info has been the same for 20 days ... 20 days:

Label/Receipt Number: 0308 0070 0000 0526 2104

Your item was accepted at 6:02 PM on June 27, 2008 in BERWYN, IL 60402. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

iKONA you PROMISED me that you would send it 3 or 4 times. So even if the LIT thing is true at this point .... I don't care! you have wronged me to many times.

The message:

Could you give your name and address? You asked me that like 3 times and I can see that you have asked many ppl that. You words sound good BUT ....

You actions prove that you just don't really care!
Old 07-17-2008, 01:01 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

is he still taking more orders? woah i dunno but personally i would not order after reading all this crap on this thread its kinda ridiculous the amount of money this kid made off this sh*t and yet hes still asking people to place orders WOW its to bad too cause i had the money in hand for a new garnish sux guess im gonna do one on my own
Old 07-17-2008, 02:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i would recommend you to the smaller body shops... a lot of them have the old guys working in them that has been there for decades and has great experience with painting... and im sure theyll be more than glad to really take care of your request as they do not wanna tarnish the small name that they have...

the shop that i go to shaves garnishes for about 80 bucks... cheaper if you can flirt with the girl at the front.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scionarra
cheaper if you can flirt with the girl at the front.

Sounds like jumping on a grenade...
Old 07-17-2008, 03:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Now hang on, it is common knowledge that USPS tracking is jack crap and worthless, I don't use it. Because its a waste of money, I'll get shipped something, receive it, and tracking will say that it isn't even in the system yet...
Old 07-17-2008, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

The USPS can't give full tracking because the only move around 700 million pieces of mail every day. That far exceeds the volume of every other shipper combined.

Bottom line: NEVER use the parcel carrier as an excuse.

Quick Reply: IKONA... WORST EXPERIENCE EVER