Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

IKONA... WORST EXPERIENCE EVER

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 07:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol i got banned from the fit forum. oh well.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:04 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by XIEmperorIX
lol i got banned from the fit forum. oh well.
I told you they don't care. In fact they don't care that he owes money to other people and he used your money (Scionlife money) to finance their stuff and they are just fine and dandy with that.
For me business wise I kind of like the fact that he is busy with them and is not on the boards that I sell on causing disruptions.
Just let this one play out, those guys deserve whats coming to them.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

was that fitfreak.net?

what other forums is he on?

he hasn't been on aim in a long time, and his contact info there is different than it is here and from what i have.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

he's also been on g6 forum, cobalt forum and rx8 forum..sorry i forgot which one specifically

you can do a google search on ikona and you will probably find something
Old 01-20-2009, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that's how i got to fitfreak, a google search, i'll keep at it, this is just stupid, i'm going to hit the 1 year mark come march...
Old 01-20-2009, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that sucks man. I still find it funny i actually got BANNED i understand why they banned me but there was one guy on there it looked like was getting the picture. forgot his user name but you would notice it when he kinda adds that he is a little skeptical about the whole thing.

he is on rx8club.com and cobalt.net

i think the cobalt guys are sick of him to cause last time i looked they were starting to go "wheres my money?"
Old 01-20-2009, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there's a guy who left iKona a public message on his profile at fitfreak that is like 'umm wtf dude? it's been 2 weeks?'

dude has no idea, try 10 months.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Ikona prolly whined to them that as a paying sponsor they should protect them and try to bribe them with free products...gl with that..the FIT folks will learn...BTW all of our mods here never accepted the offer...we have great staff here
Old 01-20-2009, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think him and that fit mod are planning a scheme to ripped off their members. honestly, that fit mod knew what happened but he still let it slide. that kinda sickens me.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sciond
Ikona prolly whined to them that as a paying sponsor they should protect them and try to bribe them with free products...gl with that..the FIT folks will learn...BTW all of our mods here never accepted the offer...we have great staff here
I am very happy to hear that you guys have some integrity.
Ikona is claiming is that SL and Fit are both owned by the same group and the owners had no problem with Ikona and that is why they are allowing him to sell on the fit forum. Is this true?
Old 01-20-2009, 08:10 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

well partially they have the same owners HOWEVER they are soooo big I doubt they are aware
Old 01-20-2009, 08:24 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well partially they have the same owners HOWEVER they are soooo big I doubt they are aware
So basically he just paid his sponsor ship fees and became a vendor under their nose.

I think its best to play this one out in the hopes that money is recovered for our members if ikona comes into money from the fit forum.

After all they have no problem with funding for his venture with SL members money so I am sure they will have no problem seeing their money channeled back to our members instead of delivering products.
Total Ponzi scheme if you ask me.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

actually I don't think they track the quality of of every vendor as they are too large of a company. What we have done what we can here as he is n longer a vendor and we have not banned him in the hope he turns it around and makes good to people he has damaged. Personally I am glad I got my key hole covers from you and not that dishonest guy...just my opinions as I do not speak for for Internet Brands the site owners...I do believe that lousy vendors like him DO take business from good reputable vendors and that stinks
Old 01-21-2009, 02:49 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

actually I don't think they track the quality of of every vendor as they are too large of a company. What we have done what we can here as he is n longer a vendor and we have not banned him in the hope he turns it around and makes good to people he has damaged. Personally I am glad I got my key hole covers from you and not that dishonest guy...just my opinions as I do not speak for for Internet Brands the site owners...I do believe that lousy vendors like him DO take business from good reputable vendors and that stinks
I am happy you understand that fact. This is why if anything I am outspoken about his lousy business. He did effect my business though slander and deception about his product and I kept quiet letting himself extinguish on his own but when he drew first blood with me I about had it with him. Like I have said in the past I do not mind competition because it brings out the best in people but in this case and for the business community on SL he actually damaged commerce for everyone, buyers and sellers alike.

I only hope the community governed by the moderators rejects his future endeavors so that it gives guys like us a chance to flourish.

Thanks for being vigilant and I only hope we can put this behind us and make SL a safe place to conduct honest business.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I'll be honest I literally haven't bought a single new thing for my car other than routine maintenance stuff since this iKona thing, I was planning on browsing the site again to see what people are selling once I got all my money back but that hasn't happened yet. I haven't even visited any other sections of this site since April or so a little after I sent him payment, I just have this thread bookmarked and I log in once a week or so to see if there is any new news in it and that's it
Old 01-22-2009, 01:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

apparently i was banned on the fit forum as well
Old 02-01-2009, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Weekend bump!!
Old 02-17-2009, 03:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This hasn't been bumped for a while
Old 02-17-2009, 03:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i want my monies looks like im gonna have to make a new name on the fit forum again
Old 02-17-2009, 03:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I've got $80 to go. His last correspondence was 1/29 when he said he should be "getting some more money soon since he'll have a product ready and finished to send to honda fit owners"

Quick Reply: IKONA... WORST EXPERIENCE EVER