Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

IKONA... WORST EXPERIENCE EVER

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 07:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

rule number one with online business sales to save your butt..........

Insurance......Tracking number........every package........no matter if it is your friend you are shipping to........

I restore artwork and all my customers are from people Googling to find me........I will not even accept the package unless they send it to me with Insurance and tracking and I always put the same on it to send it back........

rule number two........quality has to be good on the product/repair/service.........especially if you have your business online........you have to do more for the customer to keep them a customer.........
Old 07-19-2008, 07:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

rule number one with online business sales to save your butt..........

Insurance......Tracking number........every package........no matter if it is your friend you are shipping to........

I restore artwork and all my customers are from people Googling to find me........I will not even accept the package unless they send it to me with Insurance and tracking and I always put the same on it to send it back........

rule number two........quality has to be good on the product/repair/service.........especially if you have your business online........you have to do more for the customer to keep them a customer.........
Old 07-19-2008, 09:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

double post!
Old 07-20-2008, 07:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

happy ikona customer here. i must of ordered mine on the right day, i had no problems with the shipping or getting in contact with him. the keyhole plugs are still looking smooth!
Old 07-20-2008, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats some bull crap trd sparks is the best
very fast and i always get great service and fast response
Old 07-20-2008, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

indeed, TRDSparks > *
Old 07-20-2008, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

PSH
Old 07-21-2008, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by iKONA
Originally Posted by tc4metory
Originally Posted by AC
Originally Posted by rosedaleny806
dman this guys a dick i cant believe hes still doin this poop wit every1 wat a douche ever since he changed to i kona from delta customs hes had nothing but bad feedback its kinda ridiculous he has a good $1000+ in money sent to him from other customers its efed up and sumthing needs to be done its kinda ridiculous that he hasnt even said sh*t to any1 either
he f'ed me over before he changed it to i kona
x2! I don't remember how long it took for him to actually send me my key hole plugs, but he finally decided to re-ship at 'his expense', only for them to have the paint chip off the second I took them out of the box
With key hole or bumper plugs I almost allllways will resend a new set just to keep the person happy. You want a new set? I have a huge stock of SW.
My experience w/ i-kona was a pleasant one I must say. At first I had received the wrong bumper plugs, so I PMed him, he replied, and within 3 business days I got the correct one and 2 extras laying around.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my ikona experience is yet to be determined but deteriorating by the day
Old 07-22-2008, 12:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

same here
Old 07-24-2008, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tried to file a claim with PayPal, it's been past 45 days so there is nothing they can do.

Just about 4 months now.

Give me my fukking money. I swear to god that I will save up the money to fly to Chicago and take care of this that way if you don't start fukking legitimately communicating or refund my money. I very rarely get this ____ed off over anything. But this has gone on long enough. Fukking thief.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ Why havnt you PMed me!? Lol I just sent you a PM bro. I'll take care of everything dont worry.

Everybody els who needs a garnish will get theirs soon. I'm still working on just buying new garnishes isntead of waiting for core returns.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

mmm... i dunno why i havent been getting updated on my own thread.. thats kinda weird.. anyways..

ikona.. what the hell man.. who can i expect to recieve my garnish, if u just promised everyone on this thread their garnish as well? on top of that.. i cant trust u to even give me my $100,00 back after i send u the core? seriously man.. enough talk.. DO SOMETHING

to the supporters.. thanks for the support.. sucks to be me..

to the non-supporters... mmm.. well as much as i wanna say something to u guys.. i really have no beef with u.. to the guy calling me an ignorant kid.. well.. im older then u.. so kid wouldnt work.. ignorant? yeah maybe.. or perhaps just ____ed.. bare with me..

AND BACK TO YOU IKONA.. what the hell man?!
Old 07-24-2008, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by iKONA
^ Why havnt you PMed me!? Lol I just sent you a PM bro. I'll take care of everything dont worry.

Everybody els who needs a garnish will get theirs soon. I'm still working on just buying new garnishes isntead of waiting for core returns.
From page 1...

Originally Posted by Medications
Yeah this is all my correspondence with him since I placed payment on 4/4:

My first request for an update, sent on 5/5/08:
Hey man, just checking in for an update. Here's my info:

Ryan Blackwell

Super White / Core Exchange

No rush or anything I just thought I'd check in

Thanks
I never got a reply to that, in the garnish thread someone was saying something about having a package lost, and purchasing insurance for it. So, in the thread, I asked how to purchase insurance.

I received this message from iKona on 5/7/08:
Hey, If you want insurance itl be just $4 paypalled to johnperez@i-kona.com

Sorry for any confusion

I then responded later that day on 5/7/08:
Sent! It's cool I was just curious. I guess whenever the thing arrives if it's damaged I'll just contact you to see what the protocol is, but hopefully everything turns out ok. I'll keep checking the thread for updates.

Thanks man

- Ryan

I still hadn't heard or seen anything regarding my garnish, so I sent this message on 5/27/08:
Hey man,

just checking in for an update on the status of my garnish, I had a Super White/Core Exchange, name was Ryan Blackwell

thanks!

- Ryan

I received a reply on 6/3/08, although I think he just ignored the PM I sent on 5/27, and is instead responding to my complaining in the thread itself, since he asks me to leave my name which I already left him in two previous PM's:
Hey, I apologize for not getting back to you sooner, if you can elave me your name I can give you an ETA today . Thanks allot!

John

To which I replied later that day on 6/3/08:
It's totally cool I understand, name was Ryan Blackwell

Thanks man

- Ryan

I never got a reply from him, so I replied to the message again, this time mentioning what I ordered. Sent on 6/10/08:
It's totally cool I understand, name was Ryan Blackwell it was for a Super White / Core Exchange.

Thanks man

- Ryan

I never received a reply, so I started bringing it up in the thread itself, talking about trying to get the deposit back and stuff. Eventually on 6/26/08 he sent me this message:
Hey how are you? I'm sorry but I wont be able to send you the deposit back . If you can tell me your name I can tell you an ETA of when the garnish should arrive. I'm sorry for any inconveniences that I have caused but will do my best to satisfy you and everybody.
To which I responded later that night on 6/26/08 with:
Heya,

Yeah I figured, I know Paypal is a biscuit with the fees and policies.

My name is Ryan Blackwell, Paypal account is "aspeculativefiction@yahoo.com".

I had a Core Exchange in superwhite.

Any sort of ETA would work, it's been a couple months now so I'd just like to have some peace of mind.

My cell is 301-752-0852 if you wanna call and gimme a status update. I'll be on vacation for the next week or so but I'll have my laptop and cell on me so I can check up.

Thanks man,

- Ryan

That is the last time I had any direct communication with iKona. That's 5 requests for an ETA or update with no reponses. I just filed an escalated claim with PayPal a few days ago, although I'm sure it's too late to actually do anything about it.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

IKONA =
Old 07-29-2008, 08:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

He sent me this message last Thursday:

Hey how are you? I know I messed up big time. Well I dont think I've gotten PMs from you lately but I saw your message on the thread and I'm here to make things right. So start off by giving me your last name so I can look up your order. I know its a SW garnish core exchange but I just want to see the specifics like (date placed, name and destination, etc)

Thank you for your patience so far and I will get things rolling. Thanks friend.

John
So I sent him my info again shortly after for the 6th or 7th time, haven't heard back yet. I know it's only Monday so that's fine, but if I haven't heard anything by this Thursday then I am spamming his inbox with hundreds of "refund my money" messages or however many it will let me send. Then I'll attack his website
Old 07-29-2008, 09:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hate to break it to u.. but u got robbed... ur not getting ur garnish or a refund.. all IKONA does is talk...

i bet he'll even come back into this thread saying the same shiiiit he's been saying... what a joke he is..
Old 07-29-2008, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 07-29-2008, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tried to file a claim with PayPal, it's been past 45 days so there is nothing they can do.

Just about 4 months now.

Give me my fukking money. I swear to god that I will save up the money to fly to Chicago and take care of this that way if you don't start fukking legitimately communicating or refund my money. I very rarely get this ____ed off over anything. But this has gone on long enough. Fukking thief.
hey mr e-thug,

please calm down!

if you only knew where he lived in chicago, you prolly wouldnt wanna go there... hahah
Old 07-29-2008, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scionarra

Just about 4 months now.

hey mr e-thug,

please calm down!

if you only knew where he lived in chicago, you prolly wouldnt wanna go there... hahah
mm.. i think his anger is pretty legit... ikona stole a crap load of money from all of us..

Quick Reply: IKONA... WORST EXPERIENCE EVER