Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

JLevi angel eyes Christmas Fiasco

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member

Default JLevi angel eyes Christmas Fiasco

The following is a rant about the poor business practices that I have experienced ordering from JLevi, specifically an order placed for Scion TC angel eyes for a Christmas present. I placed an order last week, received a tracking number for the order, and I am now informed that the order has not even shipped out yet. This would not be a problem except the fact that I specifically asked JLevi's sales department if they had the Scion TC angel eyes in stock at the time of purchase as the website showed a stock of zero. I was told that they did have them in stock and that the website would be updated to reflect this. Once the website inventory was updated I placed an order. This item was to be a Christmas gift and now it looks like it will not arrive before that time, maybe not even shipped. The escuse I received is that the supplier is having problems. I understand supplier problems and such but this is specifically why I asked if they had them IN STOCK before I placed my order. The website still reflects that they are in stock, now 3 less then when I ordered, 3 more people that are getting shafted. At the same time I inquired about JLevi's stock on the angel eyes I also asked Umnizta however he was honest in his reply that he had no stock in and would not for a few weeks.
If you dont have the item in stock, say you dont have it in stock, dont lie to me about it just to make a sale. Thanks for letting me rant and hopefully other can be forewarned!
Old 12-22-2005, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

That sucks. I've NEVER understood how anyone with a 6th grade education doesn't realize that business is NOT about today's sale, but tomorrow's and next year's, etc.
One bad experience - no matter how small, is a bust when it's AVOIDABLE.

Sorry to hear that - you did your homework and still got hosed.

Scott
Old 12-22-2005, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats a bummer.

Nathan
ycart1201
Old 12-22-2005, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member

edit
Old 12-22-2005, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member

I am cancelling my order. The responce I received was that his supplier did not tell him that he was low on inventory. Now recall from my previous post that I stated the inventory number on his website was updated just before I placed my purchase. This number must have been thought out of thin air because if JLevi had actually found out the real inventory numbers he would have found out that he had none. This was all blamed on a "communication error". It appears the error was that there was no communication going on, and the real error is stating on your website that you have items in stock when you really have no idea if you do or not. Anyways, he has lost a customer and if the angel eyes ever do come back instock I will be placing an order from his supplier Umnizta or somewhere else.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Some how this doesn't surprise me.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Unfortunately, because of the overwhelming popularity of this product - it sold without me knowing about it. I told you this, and apologized profusely for the inconvenience, as I refunded you 100%

As for those questioning our normal business practices, I highly encourage you to search around a bit. In the last 2 years, we have sent over 2000 products to over 1700 HAPPY customers, with only one or two minor blemishes on our records. We, too, make mistakes, but I am not apreciative of "somehow i'm not surprised" - especially from those who have never experienced our lightning fast 12 hour shipping times.

I greatly apreciate you bringing this issue to the public eye chad, with the clear intent of malice. Very professional, especially after I apologized personally for my mistake and rectified it.

JL
Old 12-24-2005, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Glad to hear the other side of the story.
These things happen, and I have no idea how much effort from either side went into a resolution, but I appreciate you coming here and explaining it.

Hopefully, this was a legit mistake, and people can see you're a good guy to deal with.

Scott
Old 12-25-2005, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for being openminded about it Scott.
Most likely what we were going to do is email Chad when it comes back in stock and offer it to him at a huge discount. I'll have to see where we stand when the product comes back in.

JL
Old 12-25-2005, 09:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is not the first complaint I read. Hopefull they are legit (and reasonable) mistakes. Hopefully it's not common practice.
Old 12-25-2005, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

received a tracking number for the order, and I am now informed that the order has not even shipped out yet.

How could he have received a tracking # if the order hadn't shipped? That doesn't seem like it is a mistake.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:53 AM
5 Year Member

A tracking number is created once you print out a shipping label, it does not guarantee nor mean that the package has been shipped out yet. The purpose of the thread was to merely inform future buyers of said product about the short comings that I have encountered while trying to purchase them from your company. My original post comes across as "____ed off", because I was. The fact is that you alone updated the quantity on your website after I inquired about availability. Your website showed an exact quanitity of "0" and was updated to "10" after I was told that you had them in stock. This amount of "10" must have been made up as you actually had none in stock and apparently did not check with the supplier to see if they had any also. I fail to see how this is a "communication error" or a simple mistake. What it appears to me to be is a clear case of taking the money first and dealing with everything else as an after thought. Once I had paid, I received a tracking number and nothing else. A week went by before I had to email you to find out what was going on, you did not offer any information forthright about the item not being in stock and being available until JANUARY! So again, this is merely and informational thread offering fair warning to others that may read this, it may come across as "malice", but it is what it is. The only way you can prevent messge board postings such as these is to rectify you business practices. And yes I did ask for a refund and have since ordered from a different company and my angel eyes shipped out the same day....what service!
Old 12-28-2005, 02:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The communication error was as follows:
"Umnitza, when will you be able to deliver this stuff to me"
"Some time between day X and day Y"

The mistake (on my part) was not clarifying, I should have asked "Of December or January"

A couple more comments:
-HoTBoX - Where have you heard complaints? Show us and we'll explain
-Chad - Just wanted to take your money? Afterthought? As if, my friend. I challenge you to find 5 of our 2000 customers who are unhappy with our service. Really. We pride ourselves on having the BEST customer service in the industry, and if you are unwilling to accept that people make mistakes and communication errors, then maybe you should not be purchasing products online. Go to the store, see it in your hands, then buy it.

Again, we have apologized, we have refunded your money, and we have even been generous offered you a DISCOUNT on this product when it re-stocks. If you are unwilling to forgive and forget, we are unwilling to do anything more for you. Sorry.

I also would like to go on record that all in-stock items (ones that we keep here) are shipped either the same or the next business day, and that because of this little incident with Chad, we have now set up to start stocking this product at our main, Saratoga location (as opposed to Pleasanton or Los Angeles).

HotBoX - I await your reply as to where you heard anything about our company, but besides that, I am no longer interested in this post and will disregard all other comments. If you have a customer service issue please call or email me for assistance.

JL
Old 12-28-2005, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member

Customer service is all that you have on the internet, its the only way that you can differentiate yourself from the countless other websites selling the same stuff. When the item was found not to be in stock, and to be out of stock for a while, I received no email letting me know. Do you consider this great customer service? I was led to believe that the item had shipped, I received a tracking number, and how long would it have been before someone notified me that the item was not in stock, if I had not inquired first? I'm sure you can understand my point, and I would like to believe your point about the miscommunication, however the manner in which everything played out leads me to believe otherwise. Anyways my point has been made and anyone who reads this can take it for what its worth and read into it whatever you wish. I will also consider this a closed matter.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jlevi
We, too, make mistakes, but I am not apreciative of "somehow i'm not surprised" - especially from those who have never experienced our lightning fast 12 hour shipping times.
That comment came from the fact that half the descriptions for products you seem to post contain nothing more than hype and borderline half truths.

It doesn't surprise me that you'd say you had products in stock when you didn't.

That's my perception based on things I have read on this site.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hype and borderline half truths? Again, I welcome (hell, I challenge) you to post an inquiry as to my business practices on E46Fanatics.com - where I have been a supporting vendor for 2 years.

Here's a few links to just some of our references:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ighlight=jlevi

For more, visit our website, where 90% of our product reviews are 5 stars - and the other 10% are 4 stars.

Still not enough? Call up our business associates
Umnitza
Supreme Power Parts
Precision Mufflers
DPE Wheels
Velocity Motoring
Carrozzeria Design
CarLab Motorsports
VFEngineering
Benfer Performance
ICELED Electro Styling North America

I think that's more than enough to prove our reputation and good name.

JL
Old 12-29-2005, 01:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jlevi
Hype and borderline half truths? Again, I welcome (hell, I challenge) you to post an inquiry as to my business practices on E46Fanatics.com
I have no idea what the E46 Fanatics site is, but if you really wanted to I could post links to the last 3 or 4 product threads you have started here, all of which people have questioned the rhetoric you have used to sell your products.

Just as a side point, I'm happier to be proved wrong when it comes to customer service, if I was the one trying to sell stuff, I wouldn't get into a head banging contest. A simple....

"we recognise your perception and although it surprises us that some of the SL community might have a negative impression of our sales tatics, we will attempt to address it moving forward and hope we can show you the true way we do business"

...and then follow through by dropping the 'spin', you'll win even skeptics like me over that way.

See this isn't a competition, I have nothing to gain, I don't have to prove anything, I don't care if you have a million 5 star ratings, MY impression of you is such that I won't do business with you. There may be 1,700 who disagree, but what if there are another 1,000 like me that don't say anything, that's a lot of lost income.

Customers with a good experience tend to tell vendors, customers with bad experience tend not to tell vendors but will tell their friends.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

I would never do business with JLEVI either.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Who am I kidding, I just had to read what you wrote and give you a response - only fair.

Anyways, I don't think you're being unreasonable at all. You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I just have a hard time believing that you can effectively judge my company and our practices based on a couple eccentric product descriptions with a bunch of exclamation points. I'm an easily excited guy. I get excited when we sell quality products. Maybe I should mellow it out - I had no idea it was coming off as "hype."

Regardless, all I can offer is that you order from us (preferably when we get the products in our own hands (as opposed to drop-shippers, as we'll be doing more and more in the coming month), and see what you think. How else can we prove to you that our service (and our products, of course) are top notch?

I can give you links like these all day:
http://jlevistreetwerks.com/OSCOMMER...27e5e4f13c01a7

...But I have a feeling you won't believe me until you experience it yourself.

So, here are things I have in stock right now, if you want to order a small item just to see how fast it gets to you, please be my guest. I'm eager to make a believer out of you - even if I have been approaching it the wrong way.
-Scion Visor Logos
-LED Turn Signals (all shapes colors and sizes)
-9006 5000K HIDs (would love to send you one of these - you'll love it!)

I don't know your name or location, so you will recieve no special treatment - just the usual, every day, awesome customer service we pride ourselves on.

The rest of the scion stuff is drop-shipped.

Thanks for your inputs.
JL
Old 12-29-2005, 08:18 PM
Banned
SL Member

I also ordered some Angels Eyes from Jlevi and I must say

When I was recieved my Angels Eyes from Jon I was pretty suprised how fast I recieved them, While installing them my friend accidentelly snapped one of the halos, what did Jon do? He sent me a replacement free of charge (15 dollar Value), so all this negativity towards Jon is obsurd.

I don't know of any other retailers who would replace something without warranty free of charge. So hey if your not going to deal with Jon, it's your loss.

Quick Reply: JLevi angel eyes Christmas Fiasco