Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

KRAZY KUSTOMZ ONLINE Damaged Body Kit Doesnt Fit & No Re

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default KRAZY KUSTOMZ ONLINE Damaged Body Kit Doesnt Fit & No Re

This is where the moderator told me to post this. BE CAREFUL WHEN BUYING FROM KRAZY KUSTOMZ ONLINE. I purchased this 8 piece body kit for my 2005 Scion tC. It is supposed to replace the front and back bumbers, side skirts, and fender flares to give the car a different look. There are several problems that I have encountered. The two side skirt were damaged. They both have the ends knocked off and have cracks, black markings, and chips. There was only one end in the box. The company tried to tell me that it was damaged during shipping but there was only one end in the box which I had mistaken for a part. When I went to have an autorepair man install this body kit he told me that the parts were poor quality. He noticed damage done on the body kit. There were cracks and rough spots. He said that he could have fixed it and went on to try to install it. The front and back bumbers do not fit. There are large gaps in between the body of the car and the bumbers. I contacted the company and they were unwilling to refund any of my money. They said I signed for the package and that it was my property. The complaint is for a variety of things. The parts arrived damaged. The parts are of poor quality. The parts don't fit. The company would not refund my money or offer any compensation. They tried pinning it on the shipping company. Their customer service was not good when asking for a refund but they were very compliant with any claims that I wanted to file against them. I tlaked with Craig Flango and the company would not refund my money. So be careful buying from http://www.krazykustomzonline.com/ That's Krazy Kustomz Online, KraZy KustomZ Sound & Security, RD 7 Box 937, Altoona, PA UNITED STATES, 16601, (814)943-5290 They only had thre body kits left when I bought from there so they obviously sent me a damaged one to get rid of it altough they continue to deny this. But they were unwilling to offer a refund. There were black markings on the side skirts and there is nothing in the box that could have done this. There was also the broken off end to only one of the side skirts. They say the box broke in shipping and they repacked it. And another note, I'm not sure if all Kreative Import Technology body kits fit this bad but you really have to do a lot of work yourself. It's almost as if the boddy kit is unfinished. It's cracked and rough. If you wanna see pictures of the side skirts then go to http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/botlman/. Thanks for listening and not buying from this terrible company. I don''t understand why a company who swears that this never happened in three years wouldn't make a refund. It's not as if I didn't like the way it looked or the syle. It didn't fit and was broken. If you have three years of good business then when one order goes wrong you should refund it. Oh well... it's too bad that some people are so greedy and inconsiderate but what goes around comes around.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What's a bumber?
Old 08-17-2005, 07:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

def noted not to do business with them. I will add, for some strange reason, any web site with a Z on the end of their name usually is a scam.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn, that is crazy how it broke off like that
Old 08-17-2005, 08:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default KRAZY KUSTOMZ BAD BUSINESS

FILE A LAWSUIT
Old 08-17-2005, 08:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i hate how companies always try to weasel thier way out of stuff, especially online companies. they try to blame the shipping company, how is the shipping company liable for poor quality and a bad fit, unless they driver jumped up and down on the package.....i always sign for something and make the driver wait, espeically if the box looks damaged in any way, but if the box is not damaged in anyways it falls on the person you bought it from. that sucks.....
Old 08-17-2005, 08:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Maybe I missed it in your post somewhere....but did you use a credit card?
Old 08-17-2005, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Before anyone jumps on the bandwagon here is our side of the story.

Customer purchased the kit from us online. We drop ship these direct from the manufacturer Kreative Import Technology.

The customer upon checkout clicked the box that he agrees to our store policies.
http://krazykustomzonline.com/inform...25cb3da0776e56

The kit was shipped from Elk Grove CA by Kreative Import Technology. The kit was brand new and not damaged when it was shipped.

The customer signed for his shipment when it was recieved and accepted the delivery. This totally goes against what he was informed when he purchsed online.

Directly from store disclaimer
Inspect all packages immediately in the presence of the delivery person. Do not sign delivery receipt until all packages have been inspected.

Now after the kit has been delivered the customer contacts us via e-mail and states that we intentionally shipped him damaged parts. Why would we do that it just makes no sense and he has no proof to back up this claim whatsoever.

We informed the customer that his only recourse is to file a damaged shipment with ODFL that he did not inspect the package until after it was delivered and there were damaged parts inside.

The customer wants to return the kit now because his "mechanic" said that the kit does not fit the car and he would need plaster to fill gaps to make everything right but it would crack anyways.

This is not a job that a mechanic is capable of and anyone using the word plaster for installation of a fiberglass kit has no clue what they are doing.

Install pictures of the SEMA car I built last Oct.
http://kreativeimport.com/mambo/gall...bumName=KIT_tC

Now what are we supposed to do at this point after the customer has failed to abide by any of the store policies he has agreed to and has signed the delivery slip from the freight line taking ownership of the delivery?

We ship over 100 orders every month and damage does occasionally occur in transit. It is just the nature of the business that when you ship items that are fragile you will have damaged claims to deal with. That is the reason we have a disclaimer and provide the customer with all the information up front before they order on how to handle a damaged shipment.

As for the kit not fitting there are 39 of these kits out there going on cars or already installed. For anyone that is experienced with fiberglass kits and capable of installing a widebody conversion this is not a hard kit to do. I did the SEMA KIT car with 1 other guy in 6 days start to finish.

I am listing some images of finished tC's with this kit below All of which are car show trophy winners and the red car is even on Scion bill boards

To sum this up I'll let everyone who reads this make their own decision on this claim against us. We are a very fair company with customers and do our best to provide the best pricing and support possible. When customers order online I process the order personally and most shipments go out within 24 hours. I provide order tracking for all my orders so that the customers can be available when the delivery is made.

In 3 years of business we have never had a customer accuse us of intentionally shipping a damaged product and I cannot see what reason anyone would do that for. If this customer would follow terms of service he would have options on getting the matter resolved. Instead he emails us threatening to destroy our reputation on the internet and sue us with the better business bureau and the CA, and PA attorney general.

I have informed the customer to contact us for any information he may need including his invoice, customer disclaimer, and bill of laden he signed to accept delivery. We will fully cooperate with his suit against us and we are 100% confindent that we will prevail.

As a final note I don't like to see anyone disappointed when they walk away from a sale with our company. I take no satisfaction in knowing that this guy is unhappy but what can you do as a company when an individual does not take the time time to follow the proper channels to resolve an issue. Buying parts for your car is a fun thing and I wish that he ended up with a car that looks like those pictured above.

In no way though has this issue that the customer is in been caused by fraud or negligence by Krazy Kustomz Online the retailer or Kreative Import Technology the manufacturer.

I'd like to thank all those customers that have ordered from us in the past and continue to support us.

Craig Flango
Chris Harkless
Co-Owners Krazy Kustomz Online
Old 08-17-2005, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

odfl can suck my *****. im sorry but i got my cf hood(bbist) with holes in the box only to take the hoood out (packaged well mind you) to find to cracks. i also messed up when i signed w/o checking it out first. i filled a claim only to wait 45 days to be DENIED. i disputed it w/ the credit card company and i get a call back from odfl saying they will pay me 15% cash now. 15%! as soon as the card company gets on them they are suddenly responsible. i dont think so. so now im getting a new hood through the same place (thank god robear racing is helping me out) so in turn its taken me 6 months to get a hood. odfl sucks
Old 08-17-2005, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Our damaged shipment rate with ODFL is quite good. Less than 3% of our deliveries have had damage. We've had much higher damage ratios with DHL, Fedex, UPS, and GI Trucking.

Every single claim we have had with ODFL that has been handled properly have been resolved promptly.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its not that the hood was damaged. if it happens it happens, but when they deny my claim and say they werent responsible in any way until my credit card comp. gets on them then suddenly they are willing to compensate me. ive never been a fan of the run around especially when it comes to my money. im glad somebody is having good experiences with them however.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah that is unfortunate about how they handled your claim. All of the freight companies I've dealt with are that way though after you sign and they leave they wash their hands of it. That is the biggest reason our disclaimer is as blunt as possible about how the customer needs to handle the delivery.

As a business we are the freight companies customer and we have to follow their policies.

We have no problem getting replacement parts out to this customer when we get more in stock next month but the claim has to be filed so we get paid as well. We already delivered product that was new and undamaged before it left.

The biggest lesson for everyone here is to inspect your packages before signing the dotted line. If you note the delivery bill and the driver signs that it is damaged the problem will always be resolved. That is why we insure every shipment going out of here.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

indeed. a hard lesson learned in my case
Old 08-18-2005, 01:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It sucks because in most cases the shippers will not let you open the package until you sign for it...
Old 08-18-2005, 02:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kaeon
It sucks because in most cases the shippers will not let you open the package until you sign for it...
All this is tripe anyway. This company should do their job and take care of him and stop the blame game. Krazy bought the product and sold it to him. He paid Krazy and Krazy paid the fabricator. Only a web company or EBAY seller would pull this "get the $ from the shipper" tripe. They won't get my business.

Krazy needs to deal with the supplier and the shipper and in the mean time....get their customer a good product, plain and simple.

I still stick to my thoughts....never buy from a company that ends in "Z", never buy version number 1 and never play with beta software
Old 08-18-2005, 02:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

the part that i dont understand is
if it was damaged in shipping....
then why are there pieces missing from inside the box
why is only one end of the broken sideskirt there
i dont think the delivery man opened the box and kept one of the broken ends
it seems like it had to be sent broken
i dont think anyone would spend all this money and break it on purpose
weird indeed

ps i ordered one of these kits and it came in in fine condition
but no one is 100 percent perfect
Old 08-18-2005, 02:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I will now inspect my major packages, the delivery can wait, screw it.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Ok now my little question. If the bodykit didn't fit, then regardless if the stuff was cracked or damaged it should have still fit when held up to the car. So that is bad product. And if the kit cracks in the mail all packaged up what about how it holds up on your car on the road??
Well regardless if they help you or not. Thank goodness a lot of people are on this site and everyone knows NOT TO BUY FROM THIS COMPANY after this post and there cheesy excuse.

I know i drive a box and all but i had a similar problem with andy's autosport and there octane kit. Don't buy this kit it totally fits the garbage bin better.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't know, I was thinking the same thing about the name "Kustomz" even before I saw that comment.

Still, listen to how this vendor is trying to respond, all like "Hey, he didn't open the shipment before he signed for it, oops, sorry too bad." And blaming everyone else, shady. Finally, something that didn't make sense to me when I read it,
"We drop ship these direct from the manufacturer ..."
plus:
"The kit was brand new and not damaged when it was shipped. "

How would you know this if it was 'drop shipped'? Drop shipping means that you don't ship it, the manufacturer ships it direct to *your* customer.

Look, I know you're just trying to defend yourself here and I respect that but your approach is way off from someone that wants to keep the customer happy. Point the finger at your policies, at your shippers, at even the buyer... IMO, you had a responsibility to handle the situation in a way that balanced customer satisfaction with good business sense. Now you're stuck in this predicament.

Anyway,
Buyer: sorry to hear about your negative experience and thanks for keeping the community informed.

Seller: Hopefully everything works out, sounds like you really believe in your product and if it's what you say it is, you'll transcend this whole mess.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You want to know why I know 100% it was shipped undamaged? I am the operations director at Kreative Import Technology and saw this kit before it went in the box. When this customer purchased I had 3 left and all 3 were pulled aside. I saw each of these pieces of all 3 kits and all were perfect.

I started Krazy Kustomz Online 3 years ago with my partner when I lived in PA still and was doing project cars and body kit design. I moved out here in Dec to run Kreative Import Technology.

As for the kit not fitting I have shown several examples of the kit installed.

In the product description from the online store

Product Description:
Scion tC Wide Body Kit - 8 piece widebody kit consisting of a front bumper, rear bumper, sideskirts, and front and rear fender flares. The kit is manufacured in high quality fiberglass and finished in smooth gold gel coat. Vehicle modification is needed with the installation of the the fender flares to allow the wheels to be pushed out to fill the flares. Professional installation is suggested and installation photos available upon request.

Installation photos of what is involved
http://kreativeimport.com/mambo/gall...bumName=KIT_tC

I installed this kit myself and we were done in 6 days for the sema show with 2 tone kandy paint.

This is a customer who failed to adhere to company policies that would have covered him fully. It is not our fault he did not take the time to read the information that he agreed to by checking the box before checkout that he has read, understands, and agrees to our policies.

As for the damage that did occur. I have yet to get pictures of the box emailed to me a week later. I think the parts probally came out the bottom of the box and then the box was retaped by ODFL. This would have been 100% covered had he followed the policies.

Like I said we ship 100+ body kit/fender orders a month. We also drop ship for many big name body kit companies direct from this warehouse I am sitting in today. Why in the world would we want to intentionally ____ off a customer that is going to post negative feedback on a site we sponsor? Makes absolutely no sense at all.

Quick Reply: KRAZY KUSTOMZ ONLINE Damaged Body Kit Doesnt Fit & No Re