Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

KRAZY KUSTOMZ ONLINE Damaged Body Kit Doesnt Fit & No Re

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 05:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default KIT

All i have to say is I have the Pearl white one it is our car I build for Scion for Sema and we had a few modificatins but over all the kit is great and the guyz at KIT are cool as ____ I've known the owner for a while just meet Craig he is cool too these guyz bend over backwards sorry for the one person their is always one.People like the kit so much we have a toy company doing it in to a toy.

Aj / Michael
Alterd Imeges

much love
Old 08-18-2005, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by krazykustomz
You want to know why I know 100% it was shipped undamaged? I am... <snip>
OIC, that clears that up. It sounded like you were at the Krazy Kustomz speaking on behalf of the Kreative Import place... Makes more sense now. Thanks for clearing the fog on that.

As for the damage that did occur. I have yet to get pictures of the box emailed to me a week later. I think the parts probally came out the bottom of the box and then the box was retaped by ODFL. This would have been 100% covered had he followed the policies.
Now that it's too late and the dude signed the BOL and all that and you say you "will prevail" and such, what's the use in trying to deal now? It's pretty obvious that all you're going to do is dispute it and refuse any compensation or refund based on your comments. What the heck do I care anyway? I didn't buy the stuff from you but I'd feel a little shafted if I was the customer in this situation. Still, I get parts shipped to me all the time and they're signed for by my receiving dock guys. I'd be screwed if I had to deal with your policies in a similar situation.

Sure, maybe the guy needs to follow procedure and shouldn't have signed and all that but there's more than one way to skin a cat. If there's a missing piece and cracked parts etc. and if the shipper damaged it, the shipper should pay but maybe replacing a broken part and reshipping the supposed missing pieces, even if it taps your profits might have driven future sales.

I'm sure you'll both see the other side of this. Sounds like one of your other customers got yer back too. I just hope both learned something from it.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 08-18-2005, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We have no problems shipping replacement parts after a claim is filed. If you wreck your car do you take it to the body shop and say fix it and hopefully the insurance will pay? No you file a claim that your vehicle was in an accident and then an adjuster comes to inspect it and they write a check to correct the issue. Same thing applies here. You file a claim with the freight company that your shipment was damaged. They send an inspector to check out the parts and the packaging materials. Then they cut a check to us to ship new parts. That is why we insure all shipments and why we force the customer to read the terms of service before ordering. If you do not check that box that you have read, understand and agree to the policies you cannot order.

We sold this kit to the customer at $699 that is $200 off msrp. His order shipped within 2 days of his order and we packaged and shipped an brand new unbroken kit. Other than that I don't know what we could do more to satisfy this customer.

As soon as the freight company picks up that box we have no control whatsoever what happens to it when it is in their posession. It is their responsibility to get it to it's destination on time and intact.

I'm here to answer any concerns and complaints about this policy. We don't run and hide when someone is upset we are very forthcoming and here to listen and hopeully resolve customer issues before they get to this level.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hate Poet
You want to know why I know 100% it was shipped undamaged? I am... <snip>
OIC, that clears that up. It sounded like you were at the Krazy Kustomz speaking on behalf of the Kreative Import place... Makes more sense now. Thanks for clearing the fog on that.

As for the damage that did occur. I have yet to get pictures of the box emailed to me a week later. I think the parts probally came out the bottom of the box and then the box was retaped by ODFL. This would have been 100% covered had he followed the policies.
Now that it's too late and the dude signed the BOL and all that and you say you "will prevail" and such, what's the use in trying to deal now? It's pretty obvious that all you're going to do is dispute it and refuse any compensation or refund based on your comments. What the heck do I care anyway? I didn't buy the stuff from you but I'd feel a little shafted if I was the customer in this situation. Still, I get parts shipped to me all the time and they're signed for by my receiving dock guys. I'd be screwed if I had to deal with your policies in a similar situation.

Sure, maybe the guy needs to follow procedure and shouldn't have signed and all that but there's more than one way to skin a cat. If there's a missing piece and cracked parts etc. and if the shipper damaged it, the shipper should pay but maybe replacing a broken part and reshipping the supposed missing pieces, even if it taps your profits might have driven future sales.

I'm sure you'll both see the other side of this. Sounds like one of your other customers got yer back too. I just hope both learned something from it.
I know I sure did. I could only imagine how this could have gone differently.

"hey guys, I bought this kit...blah, blah, blah and THEY SENT ME A NEW ONE AND PICKED THE OLD ONE UP. Those guys are the sizzle.

SOLD

Sometimes, a bad situation can actually be a blessing. Just my opinion of course.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:46 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I understand where Sciondad is coming from on this, but I actually am siding with krazykustomz on this.

bottom line here: You signed the dotted line and took posession of the package without opening which is against their policy. that was your mistake. damaged shipping happens everyday. lets say someone at the shipping yard dropped something on the package and they hear a crack; they open it up to see what happened; they see something broke so they hapzardly try to tape it back up so they dont lose their job; a piece falls out and they dont notice. tada.... theres your missing side skirt piece.

weird stuff happens everyday. krazykustomz holds no repsonbility for the shipper and especially you for not checking the package you are to recieve.

apparently none of you have worked on body kits before either. i did my own front lip on my car yesterday and im in the process of helping wide body a civic. its a high quality expensive kit going on this civic, but of course there is modifications to be done. i was suprised with how little i had to do on my new front lip (grind down edge and cut a bracket shorter). this is civic is going to require hours of work to get it perfect. thats just how body mods are. you cant just slap on a wide body kit and say "poof" its done. of course it will require fitment, moving, fiberglassing, bondoing, and all that good stuff.

like i said, im siding with krazykustomz on this one. guitarguru44 screwed up by not inspecting the package before signing.

judging by all the show winners that have this kit..... makes me wonder how bad it can really be i give up. if you're going to do mods, be prepared to do work and do some modifying of your own. thats why its called "modding".

guitarguru44, sorry to hear about this whole deal. it may have been able to be handled better, but mistakes all around kinda hurt that.

best of luck to guitarguru44 on the kit. krazykustomz , best of luck on the business. you seem like a respectable business owner who just got caught in a mess. i hope for everyone that it all gets worked out

Scott
Old 08-18-2005, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I appreciate your support scott. I am a stand up guy and don;t beat around the bush at all. I am honest and up front with everyone I deal with. I have nothing to gain by sending someone a broken product on purpose and I am not about to eat the cost of a new pair of skirts and shipping because this customer did not abide bythe policies and info we gave him up front.

We are a very fair company and do everything we can to help a customer. We can only give them the tools and information to correct a situation. We cannot force them to actually use them.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

quit passing the buck take ownership of the problem either eat the cost of the item or get after the drop shipper who obviously sent out a crappy product and who now in turn is making your stereo place look like crap to a alot of people who read these forums constantly and who is ready to take the word of the consumer not to do business with you over something petty.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I know I will never buy from your place with a response like that. dont give me that crap thats why businesses have insurance so they can write off the returns and still make money on it.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

how many items have you received from fedex,ups,airborne, USPS, most dont wait around for a signature let alone for you to check ur contents so dont come with you signed an agreement mess obviously you have forgotten what its like to buy something mailorder and not get what was pictured. Sorry company ethics not a way to do business.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:49 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this is starting to get very accusatory (sp?)

remember lets all keep a level head in forum talks by the way. no use in getting a post locked because people have anger problems (im not directing this at anyone)

just keep it discussion and not a ____ fest please!

scott
Old 08-19-2005, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

humpty111 I would not even want your business with posts like that. Aparantly you did not read all my posts in detail.

"dont give me that crap thats why businesses have insurance so they can write off the returns and still make money on it."

Are you serious? You think that my company insurance would cover something like this? You have no clue what you are talking about.

The shipment is insured by the freight company for it's replacement value. The shipping company takes responsibility of the package when they pick it up and it is their responsibility to deliver on time and intact. If there is damage they take the claim and they pay us for a replacement. That is why you pay for the insurance when you ship something.

I have already contacted Scion Life's offices with this matter by fax today as both Kreative Import Technology which I run in CA and Krazy Kustomz Online which I co own in PA are site sponsors. We have done everything by the book as the customer agreed prior to purchasing. What this customer is doing now is slander and we have our lawyer working on it now and he will be contacted shortly.

For the level headed people that have made good points here I do appreciate you input and to our customers that we deal with on a daily basis we appreciate your business and continued support.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I have already contacted Scion Life's offices with this matter by fax today as both Kreative Import Technology which I run in CA and Krazy Kustomz Online which I co own in PA are site sponsors. We have done everything by the book as the customer agreed prior to purchasing.
I am not trying to be a smart aleck or make a wise remark but why would you contact ScionLife's Offices? I mean what is the purpose of that? Just asking a simple question...
Old 08-19-2005, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good luck with that approach.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ikhonlord

I have already contacted Scion Life's offices with this matter by fax today as both Kreative Import Technology which I run in CA and Krazy Kustomz Online which I co own in PA are site sponsors. We have done everything by the book as the customer agreed prior to purchasing.
I am not trying to be a smart aleck or make a wise remark but why would you contact ScionLife's Offices? I mean what is the purpose of that? Just asking a simple question...

I was wondering that myself.

So,if I were to order a body kit from you and had it shipped to my house, I need someone there that has to open the carton and inspect all parts very closely....checking for missing or damaged right then and there and fear if I miss something, no support from the company.... I'm just hosed?

Use your own judgement here guys.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow. I haven't checked this in two day not really expecting much interest. I am the so called "customer" and it is nice to see that people take my side and are not going to buy items from this company. This is not how you run a business. If there is a problem you are suppossed to fix it and make the customer happy. Now you not only lose the money from the side skirts or even the kit but you are losing sales. What I ordered was not what I received. There were two very damaged parts. The body kit is extremely rough and even has small cracks. Sorry when I said my "mechanic." My "mechanic" is not fixing my car. I am my car repaired at and autobody facility and was hoping to have the body kit also installed as it would replace some of the damaged parts. As for the non sitment issue... Here is what their website states. "Vehicle modification is needed with the installation of the the fender flares to allow the wheels to be pushed out to fill the flares." It says only for the fender flares. I figured you have to have that molded on. But there are huge gaps in between the front and back bumpers. It does not say vehicle modifictaion is needed for the bumpers to fit. That is one reason why I found it to be so frustrating because you can't say one thing is written on our website and ignore another. As for the side skrts you may want to check out the website. http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/botlman/krazykustomz.html Not only was one of the side skirt ends not in the box, but there are black markings and the box was in perfect shape. It still had all of those heavy staples and there are no indentations or uses of tape. So what are those black markings fabricated from? Someone already said that the side skirt fell out of the box and the shipper wanted to keep his job. Even if I was to buy this at all where do those markings come from. And being that I don't buy that story why was there only one end in the box. I mean did a shipper pull out the staples, remove the wrapping from the side skirts, smash the ends of both skirts off, rub rubber on them until there were black marks, throw an end away, repackage the skirts, and repack the box so that it is in perfect condition by restapling the new staples in the exact same holes? That is what would have to happen for the kit to have been new and damaged in shipping. Where do the markings come from? There is too much damage for that to have been done in shipping and no one would repack that. A shipper will not lose his job if he damages something. He is covered by insurance. It is nice to see that I am not the only one who feels that this is poor business. It's damaged and you signed for it so you are screwed. That is how they deal. They would not offer a refund or offer new parts. They would not offer any store credit and gave me several people to contact and numbers to call which drove me around in a circle. And who her believes Craig? he says he looked at the last 3 kits to make sure they weren't damaged... That is 100% BS and I can promise you that. Do you look at every single kit that goes out and every single part?? I thought you shipped hundreds of them and why aren't they wrapped at your factory?? I guess Craig only looks at the kits that magically end up damaged in the mail. There were only three kits left with this being the third. I feel that it was damaged and they thought of this "oh we'll hope that someone signs for it and we'll have sold a damaged bodykit for an undamaged price." Why can't I return it? It doesn't fit as you said it should on your website. You say the only mod needed is for the fender flares but if I was to install it without the flares it still needs vehicle mod. The kit is also very poor in its sturcture and make up. It is sent all rough and has small cracks. The kit is light but as a result the bottom of the bumpers are bent and aren't straight so they would be unflush with the ground unless you bent them to be straight yourself. Again like Krazy Kustomz says you can believe who you want but here is what happened. The package was shipped not two days after I paid but four. I arrived later than the shipping company originally told me. It was supposed to arrive on a Monday but arrived on a Thursday. Meanwhile my car needs to be repaired and I already have the check from the insurance. I receive the parts and I at first don't they are damaged. I think that the end of the one side skirt is to fill the exhaust if you only have one. I say cool now I don't have to rush for the duals... or I can only have one because I would like a turbo. I see the side skirts and see black matkings and cracks and figure oh I guess the autobody "mechanic" has to cut these to get a fit. If I opened the box with the man there I would probably have thought the same thing. This is true because I brough the parts to the autoody to be fixed. I drop off the car and the parts. The guy says it's damaged and wonders where the other end is. He would have fixed it but it was not in the box (and there were the black markings). I tell him I'll get the skirts because I love the way the kit looks. Meanwhile he starts to get ready to prime the bumbers and fender flares and both bumbers don't match up at all. He called me and I came down. I saw the bad fitment and he takes it off of the car. He goes over to get the factory bumper and I try to put the rear one back on. He asks me why I'm doing this and I say I really want the kit but again even though I really hope I see it will not fit. Not only does the car need modifications but the bumpers need modifications. I contact the Krazy Kustomz place and they basically say my only claim is with shipping. However I have a damaged body kit that doesn't fit. It doesn't fit... If I was to receive a new kit and it didn't fit they probably would not have allowed me to return it. So you people can side with whomever you please. I don't care whether that technicality about signing really warrants everything that has happened to me. The kit is very poor quality, was warped (not straight) craked and rough. It was damaged and the company said that my only claim was with ODFL. Well how about a refund? Why can't I get a refund on parts that arrived in that condition and didn't fit. I am sorry that I did not respond in time and I hope tht people odn't do business with them. That's my hard earned $889.00 that's in their pockets. Again if you wanted this kit you need about $4000 to install it and even then it will be very weak. My "mechanic" said that he would have preferred to put reinforcing on the bumpers because of their fragility. If someone bumbs you the bumber is destroyed and then you need to install it again because of the molding. Once you install it you cannot returhn your car to its original design. So if you think that this is a good business (again they have not had a complaint like this in 3 years... three entire years of good business and when someone wants a refund they wont give on) then go ahead and buy from them. Anyways don't forget to send me emails about ites or companies that are as bad as these two so that I can post them on my website. And for those of you who may have missed the pictures check them at http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/botlman/krazykustomz.html Those are pictures of the real kit not of the three that are super custom installed. If you wantt I'll post pictures of the fitment if I can get them and of the kit so you people know not to buy one. Instead get a stage one or custom paint job. Thanks for listening and again I advise you not to buy but do as you feel if this is how a good business is suppoed to treat you. So I signed for it why can I get a refund if it doesn't fit? Thanks for listening and spread the word about my website and how I was treated by this company. JOE email: supersportstar4@msn.com damaged skirts: http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/botlman/krazykustomz.html website: http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/botlman/ again its a basic website because no one has sent me info on other bad companies or parts.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice response KrazyKustoms...LOL. We contacted our lawyers, oh no watch out!!!
Old 08-19-2005, 03:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why did I contact Scion Life about this thread? Simple he is using slander by telling people not to purchase from us and by posting with the messages in his signiature. He is also using copywritten images on his website as well as using our trademarked name in hopes of destroying our reputation.

This is the same reason that suit has been filed with Angelfire whom is hosting his site and our lawyer is serving him with a suit tomorrow via certified mail for slander and defamation.

How did I see the last 3 kits that were in stock? I had to go back to our warehouse and take a manual inventory of what scion kits were left in stock as were nearly out, had a sponsorship to fulfil for sema and to see how many more needed to be ordered as we only have 10 on our next 40' container. We have over $150,000 in inventory at the Kreative Import Technology facility i run in Elk Grove CA.

If I were out to screw somebody what would I have to gain? I work day and night on these 2 businesses and genuinely care about my customers and the future of my business.

I would never have a reason to ship a broken body kit on purpose it makes absolutely no sense at all.

I do not dispute that the bumpers may be cracked either. Shipping damages do happen and that is why they offer insurance. We pay for the insurance and again give the customer all policies up front.

These kits are delivered by tractor trailer and when shipped to a business the reciever actually comes out to get the package it's not just dropped off. They have a form to sign that details that they accept and approve of the delivered item. When shipped to a residence the freight company calls ahead of time to schedule an appointment to make the delivery. This is not like a UPS or Fedex where they drop off at the door.

I wish to god that this customer would have inspected the package, noted the damage on the delivery bill and had the driver initial it. If he had done that there would be a check on their way to us and we would release replacement skirts immediately that would be en route to him.

As for his claims of not fitting the car it lack of customer research before buying a product. It is very well doccumented what is involved in this widebody conversion and we have 30+ satisfied customers that have their cars completed and are doing car shows nationwide. Each finished widebody tC owne I have spoken with has already taken home trophies for their cars and AJ the owner of the white one pctured even posted on our behalf.

From this point forth I am done with this topic and will let my lawyer take it from here with Joe. I will not sit back and watch my hard work and dedication be put through the mud because one customer did not research his purchase as to what would be involved and failed to abide by all customer policies that are there for his protection.

We don't have policies in place just to have them. They serve a purpose and give the buyer certain rights and protections when ordering from us. I will continue to work hard and give my customers the best possible pricing and service and continue to release new parts for the Scion market. We get our first batch of xB and 4 piece Sensu tC kits next month and the preorders are now taking off. I look forward to dealing with many more Scion Life members and prove that this issue was not our fault and when you follow store policies you will get unbeatable customer service and we will bend over backwards to help you.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The end result here is you both will come out be the losers. (no pun intended) Always check your packages before you sign the delivery person away. A lawsuit for slander and defamation of character has been filed against a customer is a joke. Just my opinion.

John
Old 08-19-2005, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A kit like that is a big project to take on and many body shops would not really want to do it...broke or un-broke. I had a sim problem years ago with xenon kit for a Civic and I paid a 30% re-stock fee and lost all my shipping cost. I would have the customer email pictures off all the parts. Establish what is needed to get back to complete kit un-damaged. These specific parts should be sold at flat cost to him in the name of excellent customer service which a good company should want to do. Then the customer needs to take the kit and the car to ANOTHER body shop that does not use the word plaster. The shops interest in the project has much to do with what can be done or repaired. When the shops in my old town saw the xenon kit for the Civic they said it would not fit and I know it fit. This happens when they quote a price and then realize they are not making enough cash and could do much easier work in the time to do the custom work.

Just my 2 cents

Scott

p.s.
They whole getting a lawyer to sue the guy becuase this day and age the net offers opinions of experiences via the www is lame. I am also betting KK has contacted this forums web master and this post will indeed vanish.

Quick Reply: KRAZY KUSTOMZ ONLINE Damaged Body Kit Doesnt Fit & No Re