Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

KRAZY KUSTOMZ ONLINE Damaged Body Kit Doesnt Fit & No Re

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 04:12 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I am not siding with either party here, but just throwing out some info. You keep complaining about how the kit did not "fit". I have done MANY body kits. Anything fiberglass NEVER fits. You always have to shave them down, or mold something in or add more. Its just people that buy things that dont know what they are buying. Even when the seller says "guarenteed to fit".. Yea, good luck with that. They NEVER fit without any modification..
Old 08-19-2005, 04:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

customer service is customer service man

i dont care what he read and agreed to... least you could do is refund it and charge a restocking fee or replace it
Old 08-19-2005, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have to say this Instead of DOING THE RIGHT THING and TAKING CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMER...... you want to file a lawsuit WHICH WILL COST YOU MORE $$$ THAN TAKING CARE OF HIM.

Brilliant I say, quite brilliant.

Just my opinion of course. Buyer beware
Old 08-19-2005, 04:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's not about money to me it' about misrepresenting our company when he is not telling the entire story and goes across the internet to forums with the intention of disrupting our business. There are right ways and wrong ways to go about resolving an issue. The customer claimed he was filing suit with the BBB and PA and CA attorney generals. This is the appropriate action if he feels he was done wrong. We have told him and everyone here we will fully coopererate with their investigation and provide any information needed.

I would have no problem taking the kit back if he files a claim with the freight company to getthe sideskirts replaced and I would take the kit back with the restocking fee. Our policies are point blank.

Krazy Kustomz Online nor Kreative Import Technology did this customer wrong. Neither company broke the parts he has in his posession.

It was damaged in freight and had insurance to cover it. If he does not file the claim what am I to do? I told him to pursue a file with ODFL then he accuses us of intentionally shipping broken parts. Give me a break man.

I am a car enthusiast myself and just a few years ago I was in his shoes modifying my car. I have recieved a hood that was broken in transit and I followed procedure and it was taken care of. A few weeks later I had a new hood after I filed the claim with the carrier.

I got a kit for my own car that did not "fit" before. What did I do go on the internet and bash the company? No I put the work into the car to make it right because I researched fiberglass body kits and what is involved in flaring the car out..

Here is doccumentation of the project
http://www.krazykustomz.com/craig_99cougar.html

I redid the car again in 04 HAND BUILT widebody this time and full carbon fiber roof/hatch
http://www.krazykustomz.com/craig_04wide.html

The Kreative Import tC was done in 6 days with just 2 of us working on it

If you guys want to question my customer service and integrity check out www.fastcougar.com and ask around there what kind of company we are and what kind of person I am.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I guess you threatening him on the internet is right? Anyways, you've personally probably done more damage with your responses than anybody.

You want to know what you should have done? Contacted ScionLife Admis or mods and just kindly explained your side and asked for the thread to be deleted. It would be gone and over with. I'm 100% positive they could have edited his signature as well and sent him a pmessage to deal with his issue thru the proper channels. Instead, you made yourself look even worse. Just my 2¢
Old 08-19-2005, 05:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionDad
I have to say this Instead of DOING THE RIGHT THING and TAKING CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMER...... you want to file a lawsuit WHICH WILL COST YOU MORE $$$ THAN TAKING CARE OF HIM.

Brilliant I say, quite brilliant.

Just my opinion of course. Buyer beware
yeah, I find that most damaging as well.....
Old 08-19-2005, 05:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not threatening anyone. I am taking actions that I am entitled to take.

We defrauded nobody, we did not intend to rip someone off, we insured delivery against damage, the customer has failed to follow policy. Even after the fact I suggested he contact ODFL in regards to this issue. He still has that option but each day he waits his chances of winning a claim get slimmer. As soon as ODFL picked up his shipment they took responsibility for it. His claim at this point is between him and the freight company. We denied him nothing.

If ODFL broke 10 kits in a week and the customers did not file their claims would you expect me to ship those customers body kits out of my pocket? We would not be in business long if it were run that way.

To go online and do what he is now doing is a seperate issue altogether. He is intentionally trying to disrupt a business that has more consequences than he understands. These 2 businesses employ over 15 people that rely on us for a paycheck. To intentionally try and disrupt a business rather than follow procedure or use an agency such as the BBB is not right. These employees have their own lives and families and what he is doing is trying to disrupt business for a company that has followed procedure and he has failed to follow all actions we have requested of him.

1) Upon checkout we alert customer of all policies cannot checkout without readingthem.

2) The delivery bill has a disclaimer from the freight line themselves he signed off on relieving them of legal custody of the package

3)Has not even contacted freight companyin regards to damaged goods.

I take slander and defamation of character very seriously and will do what is necessary withing my legal rights to protect my businesses and my employees. We work hard day and night to get the pricing as low as we do and get all these orders out on time and communicate order tracking to our customers.

Every single correspondence with every single customer is doccumented for this very reason so we do not get burned by a customer that doesnot feel like he needs to read policies or abide by them when ordering something.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Need a shovel?
Old 08-19-2005, 06:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I vouch that these times can be extremely tough to deal with. I can understand both sides and can say that Craig means well in terms that he is trying to protect the name(s) he represents and the customer is plain out ____ed off. It is unlawful to create web sites and message boards that discribe a Co. as chop liver when in fact they are very respectable prime rib.

This case is as clear as water . wheather or not it will be settled is between sand and mud.

I have no doubt KKO will resolve this matter.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Simple resolution to all of these problems. Don't buy from online stores. If you cant hand the money to a person don't do it. If you get it through a tuner shop you may pay a bit more but when your part arrives it will be in one piece and if not get a refund on the spot or tell them to get you a new one. True you may pay a tad more but its worth the knowladge that you will get your part in one piece or your money back.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I think most of us agree that if you REALLY cared about your business, then you would've already settled this privately and eaten a loss. Trying to defend the integrity of your business? Posting here is just doing the opposite.

Is running a business tough? Of course it is. My family produces and distributes over $20k in health food products a month. 99% of the time when there's a complaint... we eat the costs and take the blame. By doing so we've earned the trust of several large clients.

Is following procedure and policy important? Yes, but running a business is dynamic and ever changing. KK must already realize how one internet complaint would impact their business. So instead of making it worse, your best bet would be handle this situation ASAP.

Are customers irrational at times? Well DUH! But that's the nature of business. Trying to quelch a loud complaining voice will only make things worse in the long run... gl.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Oh btw, KK, your website is great, plenty of products and pretty decent looking compared to some ghetto Scion part sites I've been to. But reading these posts just leaves a lingering sour taste... so I just had to chirp in.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

KrazyKustomz, This situation is not your fault. What the problem is you have a customer who did not read your policies and got a shipment from a third party that was damaged, and now we hear of a lawsuit of slander from this customer. I am not sure what your age is but I think you should just replace this item at a loss for your business and go on. In the long run these postings on Scion Life and other sites will hurt your business in the long run. I would purchase from you if you had a good customer service policy and I am sure that you do.

John
Old 08-19-2005, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Personally, I think it's really great that the mods have left this thread intact. I think forums are best when everyone is free to express their opinions. There were a few posts in a row that sounded to me like the person was just being hateful and not really adding anything productive, I won't mention any names. But otherwise it seems like people are generally following the rules.

Craig, if I was you, I would stop battling back on every issue with everybody. You've made some very positive statements about your company and have backed them up with some really great photos of some hot cars. You've heard the saying, check yo'self... Maybe you should. Read everything you wrote so far and see it as objectively as possible. Maybe doing that will encourage you to drop the lawsuit against your customer and move on from this whole mess. It would take a big man to back down, in this case, you should do just that. Just walk away and call it good. You have a lot to be proud of and have definitely met success already since you boast over $150K in inventory. Not bad dude, but you're bigger than this. Your customer strongly believes that the stuff was damaged pre-shipment. You should listen to that. No matter how strongly you feel otherwise, it's just not worth it.

Joe, I would say, get all your facts straight and you should probably write down the whole sequence of events from the very beginning just to cover your @$$. You make a convincing story and you're definitely entitled to feel bad if you were raped. I also hear you as to why you're convinced that the stuff was damaged pre-shipment. In that case, you *should* be going through to KKO because you think it *was* them. They are not entitled to a check from the freight company to get reimbursed for goods that were already damaged. To go through the freight insurance route sounds like fraud to me, if indeed you strongly believe your parts were damaged before shipment, then you should not try to make the freight company pay for it as that's not fair.

Oh the tragedy of it all. Sometimes, both people have to feel screwed in order to resolve an issue. Here's an idea:

KKO: ship the dude the missing/broken parts. You will have fulfilled the order completely with minimal loss. He won't go through the effort to get them installed on his ride since he thinks it's too much work. That way no one is happy, there, problem solved.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hate Poet=Well said my friend!
Old 08-19-2005, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member

since i have bought several bodykits, wings, carbon hoods and trunks etc for my cougar, avenger and s-10 from krazykustomzonline i just have to say that they are great to work with. they are great in offering ideas about what will look good etc. here is a perfect example

http://www.krazykustomz.com/scott/avenger/

craig and i have been freinds for years. i know him very well and i know how he works. he bends over backwards to make things right but in any business problems like thais happen. thats why they have policies in place. you would be surprised what a box that is sitting crooked on a pallet when there is some weight on it will do to a body kit.. trust me. i was standing in my driveway when the delivery driver showed up with my avenger bumper. as i stood there looking into the back of the truck i noticed that the back corner was sitting on pallet sitting lop sided, with some weight on the top of the box. the corner of the bumper was chacked as well in the center nothing that could not be fixed, it was a good thing i did open it up before i signed for it. cause i dont think andys autosport would of been as helpful if i would of just signed for it then found it later..

anyways.....
i really dont think that craig or kit or kk has some vendetta on this one person or anyone for that matter. if the proper channels are followed i am sure they will take care of this matter.

thats just the way any business is..
Old 08-19-2005, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow. I go to sleep and I awake to this. I would like to clarify a few things that some people do not understand because they don't know the whole story. I have tried to settle this privately with them. I have called several times and have emailed several times. Here is a direct quote from one of the final emails that i sent "I am sorry that we could not work anything out and am sorry for any inconveniences which may result due to your unwillingness to refund my money. You will soon be contacted with information regarding the lawsuit and information from the Better Business Bureau. Again I am sorry but I would have done things differently if I was in your shoes. Thanks for attempting to resolve the issue. JOE order number 70." I have always said that I hope we could have worked this out but he chose not to. He instead blames ODFL for the kit being damaged and not fitting (and Craig I'm sorry that I should have done my research when buying, I guess I was overpowered by all of the pictures that you always show people of those completely custom cars and for anyone who doesnt know what I'm talking about he tries to justify a broken kit by posting pictures of kitted Cougars. Again like I said in an email "Again I never send the done up tC's weren't nice. I've seen the pictures."). I have tried to settle this and if we came to an agreement I would have fully supported this company. If anyone asked me about them I would have said the parts came damaged but they fully refunded the parts. Again the kit doesn't fit at all like their website says but that is another situation. As for filing a lawsuit against me I will call your bluff. I am positive that it won't happen and if you do don't think I won't be countersuing for everything. Also you don't know whether or not I've contacted ODFL so don't wory about it I did. I also contacted other orginizations in hopes of getting my money back. In total I've sent claims to 5 different groups and if this files I will sue you. But I am sure one of the five will be able to get my money back. I also don't feel this is slander at all for several reasons. I was very unsatisfied with your parts and you offered no solution. It is not as if I am blasting your company so people will buy from mine. I have a legitimate reason and also feel that people should be warned of this incident before the same thing happens to them. You are always allowed to offer your opinion. That is what free speech is all about. Am I suppossed to only go on forums when your product and service is good? That would not create a realistic feedback. I told you that you should have tried to settle it but that I was determined to get my money back. If nothing else you have lost a lot more money already and now you're going to hire lawyers against me. Like people have said that's more money then making me happy. It's funny because Krazy Kustomz does not have any case against me and if they do refund my money don't you think everything will go away? Like that website and these postings. Plus the website is not intended to only include you but I have not gotten email responses from anyone with similar problems. The reason I am trying to make that website is to warn people of problems that have occured in other peoples situations with bad parts or companies. The reason that you will not refund my money is because you don't want to admit that your actions as a business were terrible and that the kit you sent was not what I ordered and it does not fit as you say it should. Someone said you should be the bigger man and take the loss. I am not going to take the loss on a product that I bought. I have no means of making that money back up. Its not like I can buy more products and get the money back. You can sell and get the money back which will only be $100 for the side skirts and the money for the shipping back to your place. I cant believe you would not do that. You expect me to take a $889.00 loss. There is no way I can sell that kit back for any where near that. Again I am not telling people not to buy I am just relaying my account of what happened. If you think this is fair treatment and good quality parts then go ahead and buy from them and buy that kit. I am not guilty of slander and definitely want to hear from your lawyers because I will countersue and win the money back that I deserve all without paying the court fee. Again I have tried to settle and am going through several groups right now. If those don't work then I will sue if you have not first. I think it's great how theres no case and this guy wants to get lawyers involved when he could just refund the money. Agian I'm not saying this customer service is terrible I leave that up to you. And thank you ScionLife for not locking this. I think it's childish that someone would ask you that. It's a forum and this is America. Free speech to say what you want. Slander is intentionally destorying a business through lies or hearsay and this is what actually happened to me. So sue me and lose even more money but I will countersue and win. Again I am going through several means right now and have told you privately that I wished we could work something out. Thanks to everyone who sees my point of view and for those that see it in favor of Krazy Kustomz you are entitled to your vies to. JOE supersportstar4@msn.com

http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/botlman/krazykustomz.html for kits of the kit i received.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey Joe, I do think you should get your money back but I think that maybe all this slammin of this company and this person should stop. It is to the point that you could be sued for slander and defamation which will cost you more money than your out.. Please make sure the next time you check all packages before you sign anything.

Good luck in your quest.

John
Old 08-19-2005, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

guitarguru44- Not meaning to be off topic here, but I think you should add some formatting to your posts. One HUGE paragraph is pretty exhausting to read.

^^A properly placed line break now and then really makes it easier on the eyes.

Back ON topic... I really do hope this gets settled peacefully. Please keep up posted!
Old 08-19-2005, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jallamas
Hey Joe, I do think you should get your money back but I think that maybe all this slammin of this company and this person should stop. It is to the point that you could be sued for slander and defamation which will cost you more money than your out.. Please make sure the next time you check all packages before you sign anything.

Good luck in your quest.

John
Hey Joe, yeah, I have to agree. You're making it hard to let the vendor save face. Trying to have the last word is only making you look bad. I though you would know that by now based on this thread. Chill bro.

Quick Reply: KRAZY KUSTOMZ ONLINE Damaged Body Kit Doesnt Fit & No Re