Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

MISC ALL: BOXMAN IS FRAUD BEWARE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default MISC ALL: BOXMAN IS FRAUD BEWARE!

So here is there story in full ladies and gentleman. BOXMAN can talk all he wants after this but im giving you all some information which you may choose to take or not take when purchasing from BOXMAN. About a few months ago I saw a post for a used Hotchkins rear sway bar for $125, I thought, why not Ill try buying not from a company and from the classifieds. So I paypal'ed the $125 to BOXMAN. I messaged and emailed him a day or 2 after asking for a tracking #. He said it would be sent out in a few days. So I waited. About a week mabye a week and a half go by and im getting nervous, no tracking #, nothing. I msg him and he tells me "my wife shipped it to the wrong area, once it comes back I will ship it to you." I thought how odd of this to happen, this is not a good thing as a buyer. Few days go buy and still NO tracking #. I disputed paypal and instead of choosing the option "I have not recieved my item", I chose a route that I thought may have gotten me my money back faster and chose "I did not authorize this purchase". This which of course was wrong, because I did choose to, but again I just wanted my money back. Few days later PAYPAL decides that BOXMAN will keep the money I sent. I contact BOXMAN and he says "after the dispute is closed I will either send you the bar or you can take a refund, you choose." So a few days later it closed and I said, Ill just take the bar, or the refund.

Here is where he is shown to be a bad seller....

BOXMANS's Message to me:

I cancelled all shipment due to complaint. If you would like me to still ship the bar I will. Its not my fault you decided to lie to paypal about your account. I was not about to allow a bar to go out the door with no money coming in. I have since recived the payment back and will either issue a refund by Aug 20th or I will ship the bar its your choice let me know.

-----
As we stand right now, he has my $125 and the sway bar. Ive contacted PAYPAL and they emailed me and him a transaction # showing that the money indeed went into his account and even showed another transaction where the money was actually used for another item he had purchaed. (What that item was I do not know PAYPAL would not let me know for privacy reasons). He is now claiming he did not get any of the moeny back and that PAYPAL is holding it. (At this time he gets very angry and says he is not goign to deal with PAYPAL and tells me "You call paypal and take care of it"...Which I have done, over and over. PAYPAL states to me "We do not hold funds for any reason". They emailed him the transaction # of the money getting put back into his account and yet he still tries to deny it and wants nothing to do with it anymore.

Well good for BOXMAN however a good seller woujld try to take care of this and get things resolved. he has since given up and does not respond to my msgs. I thought I could trust people here in the classifieds but my 1st buying experience with this man was horrendous.

As it stands:

BOXMAN has my $125 and his sway bar, as I have no sway bar and at a loss of $125.

Please beware when buying from him.

I may also add, if anyone does not believe this, if it helps, I can show the PAYPAL transaction #'s , where you can see the money was put back into his account.

Thank you for reading this, I hope it helps your buying experiences.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry to hear that man, you would think that someone that everyone knows on this site would be a reputable seller.

I feel your pain, as i think i am also getting shafted by a seller from this site... I have given payment and haven't recieved a tracking number, but the seller stated that the item is shipped. I just have yet to get it.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Well, I bought a CAI from him and everything went smoothly. Hopefully u2 can work it out.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Kinda sucks to hear this especially when the seller is a member of this forum...
I'm glad I've dealt with 2 people on here that didn't burn me...
Old 01-15-2007, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We bought a turbo, bov, wg, inter, 2 rear strut bars, and more from him and had all withing a day or two. I have worked with him a few times and had np hope you can get it worked out
Old 01-16-2007, 03:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

no, he doesnt even reply, hes being very childish
Old 01-16-2007, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As I stated before John you tried to rip me off. I wont be returning the payment due to this reason. I dont care if you feel this is wrong you tried to get a free product by telling a lie to paypal dont get mad at me. I have countless other buyers who with all went well
Old 01-16-2007, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

I don't think thats right to admit to getting the money back and still not sending either the product or a refund...just don't think its your place to "teach someone a lesson"
Old 01-16-2007, 04:19 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

karma people... karma....
Old 01-16-2007, 01:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its not your right to decide if I was right or wrong is it?
Old 01-16-2007, 02:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Tell me exactly why he tried to rip you off boxman?
Old 01-16-2007, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by BOXMAN
As I stated before John you tried to rip me off. I wont be returning the payment due to this reason. I dont care if you feel this is wrong you tried to get a free product by telling a lie to paypal dont get mad at me.
damn cold blooded. it was your mistake to send to the wrong address at least give the man his sway bar.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

boxman i knew something was wrong with you when you tried to sell me blue suede sparco seats for quite a few hundred bucks and tried to tell me they were the real deal....then you came back six months later and put em up for sale again as knockoff suede seats. ive never even though of buying anything from you since then. but your little schpeel here is sure to lose you a crapload of business if it keeps gettin bumped to the top. the kid tried to get his money back, you had your sway bar. instead you keep both. ill be sure to pass this thread along to any potential buyers if you throw an ad up here on SL. who's got the f'ed up ethics? i think its you. ps...who shipped it to the wrong address? yeah you. not him. you're an @sshole to not give his money back. he didnt try to rip you off when he knows that YOU still have the sway bar. you're the @sshole and anything else you say in here is only gonna make you look like more of an @sshole. just keep that in mind. ill be sure to pass this on to any potential buyers if i see you post anything else up for sale in here.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

^ well said
Old 01-16-2007, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC_skier
boxman ... your little schpeel here is sure to lose you a crapload of business if it keeps gettin bumped to the top. the kid tried to get his money back, you had your sway bar. instead you keep both. ill be sure to pass this thread along to any potential buyers if you throw an ad up here on SL. who's got the f'ed up ethics? i think its you. ps...who shipped it to the wrong address? yeah you. not him. you're an @sshole to not give his money back. he didnt try to rip you off when he knows that YOU still have the sway bar. you're the @sshole and anything else you say in here is only gonna make you look like more of an @sshole. just keep that in mind. ill be sure to pass this on to any potential buyers if i see you post anything else up for sale in here.
100% truthful burn!
Old 01-16-2007, 03:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

both parties are wrong - I think its time for People's Court or Judge Judy
Old 01-16-2007, 04:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BOXMAN, either send him the sway bar or give him his money back...

Because essentially right now you're a thief. No better than the scammers on ebay!
Old 01-16-2007, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by rockbrawler884
BOXMAN ... essentially right now you're a thief. No better than the scammers on ebay!
Another 100% truthful burn!
Old 01-16-2007, 04:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by L4rry_B1rd
both parties are wrong - I think its time for People's Court or Judge Judy
Judge Judy wit da Big O Booty....

That sucks man, I have bought and sold stuff on SL and its BS like this that discourages people from doing buisness in the future with SL members.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Yeah Boxman, it looks like your just stealing now. You want to talk about buyer seller ethics, you should be the bigger person and give him his sway bar. As a seller that should be your duty. Whatever he tried to do, you still have his money and his product, so that makes you a petty ebay thief.

Quick Reply: MISC ALL: BOXMAN IS FRAUD BEWARE!