Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

MISC ALL: BOXMAN IS FRAUD BEWARE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 08:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

uhhhhh.....mazing!!!! send him the bar. Case closed.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

I just wasted 5 minutes of my day reading this thread, but at least I learned something. Boxman is nothing more than a thief.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

I have been watching this for a while now, and I think both parties are at fault.

If toca had filed the correct claim there would have been no problem, and that was dishonest.

boxman, I don't think it's right to keep both. I would send a refund or the bar, but I see why you are ____ed.

Just my .02
Old 01-17-2007, 08:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow. boxman should be banned big time. toCa is never gonna get his money or the strut bar (at least through a forum flame war), so this whole discussion is useless at this point.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the thing with a post like this is, boxman sells stuff on here, people might not order from him cause of this.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member

I am pretty sure that is the point. You must be a quick one
Old 01-17-2007, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^heeeheeeheee^^^
Old 01-17-2007, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I only offer my items to SL first. John is the only buyer I have ever had issues with and I know this will always be in peoples minds but I dont make a living selling parts on here. I buy something and then always buy something newer/better to replace it. When that happens I put it on SL if it didnt sell here it goes to my local performance shop. I wont retract any of my comments on this thread I reacted to comments posted by IDIOTS who dont know ONE thing about this. If John thinks he is so right then he can take me to court. Paypal refunded money to me because I was right, not anyother reason. You can talk all you want but facts are facts, I have countless other buyers with ZERO issues and that will continue with or without SL
Old 01-17-2007, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

whalen, are you from preston on the Eastern Shore?
Old 01-17-2007, 09:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BOXMAN
I only offer my items to SL first. John is the only buyer I have ever had issues with and I know this will always be in peoples minds but I dont make a living selling parts on here. I buy something and then always buy something newer/better to replace it. When that happens I put it on SL if it didnt sell here it goes to my local performance shop. I wont retract any of my comments on this thread I reacted to comments posted by IDIOTS who dont know ONE thing about this. If John thinks he is so right then he can take me to court. Paypal refunded money to me because I was right, not anyother reason. You can talk all you want but facts are facts, I have countless other buyers with ZERO issues and that will continue with or without SL
Paypal refunded you for what??? Your twubbles?? Oh you poor baby....not! And even then, even if Paypal did "refund" you, you should have the heart to not keep the money, because even if Paypal says so, it is still not rightfully yours. Have some decency man!

~Stephanie
Old 01-17-2007, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

whalen, cause you wanted to point out that i may be "a quick one" you should know the town where you live is named Preston, and not Peston as it says in your bio on the side. Might want to look into fixing that since you want to point out other people.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by oni424
whalen, cause you wanted to point out that i may be "a quick one" you should know the town where you live is named Preston, and not Peston as it says in your bio on the side. Might want to look into fixing that since you want to point out other people.

IT WAS A JOKE!!!

Goodness...

~Stephanie
Old 01-17-2007, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Once again someone who isnt involved speaking with nothing besides forum facts. Paypal gave the money back to me due to John being dishonest and trying to get a refund while the sway bar was in transit to (thankfully) the wrong address. I provided PAYPAL tracking info 4 months ago when this BS happened. Paypal saw John was trying to recieve product and a refund. I spent money and time to take the bar off box it up ship it and the money involved. You havent been scammed and I hope all of you with views on who is right or wrong here, gets scammed and gets told they are in the wrong. As stated screw JOHN and this BS thread. I am so tired of arguing with people who never have or never would have bought ONE SINGLE ITEM from me either past or present. This issue is for John to take up with PAYPAL and ME. John thinks "dragging" my name into the gutter helps but I dont care. I have been on SL for over 2 years and contibute to posts. I dont care how many times you post I am wrong I dont think so and only one thing can make me think otherwise, PAYPAL.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ there you go. his position is clear. thread is pointless from now on. toCa's experience is now out in the open and that's that.

i had a situation happen to me before where a seller on here scammed me, and i stopped posting on the thread when i saw that it was becoming what this is now. at this point, it's legal action on toCa's part or eat the loss. that's it.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:43 PM
5 Year Member

Obviously both parties believe they are right and neither is gonna move on their position. I'd call it a loss. Your point has been made,
Old 01-17-2007, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Box, I'm sorry but you are an utter retard. This whole thing wouldn't have happened had your wife not (thankfully) shipped the swaybar to the wrong place.

Botom line is this:

You received money for a product or service that you did NOT deliver.

You are not only a major douche, but you are also breaking the law. I dont give a rats as$ what you say, what PAYPAL says, or what those vouching for you say. You have admittedly broken the law, you are no better than the picture you have painted of John. You have no right to dispense justice, you are not the police, and neither is PAYPAL. If you think you are being scammed then you take it up with the law, because in America you are innocent until proven guilty AND have a right to trial. Give the man his money back.

I also do not care that you do not care what I think of you. You are apparently a little girl and will listen to what I have to say regardless. You give independant sellers a bad name.

BUMP so everyone can see the thief.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

+1
Old 01-17-2007, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

never got a tracking #
Old 01-17-2007, 10:22 PM
bc
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have sold and purchsed items from private sellers, online, for many many years - mostly via eaBay. I am very familiar with PayPal (used them also for many years) and being both a patient buyer as well as a thoughtful seller.

Both of the stories have holes in them, specially the time lines. BOXMAN has obviously lied the most here, he is also saying he doesn't care about it!! The address provided by PayPal is the verified address, so BOXMAN lied about not receiving the proper address. There are also inconsistencies in BOXMAN's explination of how PayPal handles the money for the complaint, again he does not care about anyone here so why tell the total truth about how the process worked.

BOXMAN, you need to always look at this from the buyers end. How would you have reacted to someone that for a week would not confrim shipping an item to you? You pretty much avoided explaining why you would not just be up front and tell him what was going on. What if the party you shipped the item to refused to return it? You would have had to make the refund anyways!!!

toca - you should have never made a false claim. How can PayPal believe you at this point for any future issues you bring to their attention? It is hard to tell you to put yourself in the sellers seat, as this seller obviously did not keep you properly informed up front.

BOXMAN - I am not sure why you are still allowed to have an account here, after all your ____ing on the site and its members. I hope they can usse your IP address to block and and all accounts you have here - maybe they need to have a Wall of Shame for people like you that are too imature to properly communicate with others when they have a problem like this.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:26 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default FINAL POST

OK, time for me to step in, I guess.

Before I say anything, though, please allow me to quote from the ScionLife Rules:
- All sales are at the seller's and buyer's own risk. ScionLife.com is not responsible for any transaction between buyer and seller.
- It is recommended that you keep a record of all communications between buyer and seller until both are satisfied with the transaction.
- Please settle disputes between yourselves, it is not the mod's or admin's responsibility to act as a referee if there is a disagreement.
Now that that's out of the way, I have personal opinions on this that I will not post, other than to state that one party to any honest deal should not end up with both the item for sale and the money paid for it.

As far as "discussion" on ScionLife goes, this topic has reached the end of its life, and will be locked.

Should there be any further developments in this issue of general interest to ScionLife members (small claims court settlement, etc.), it will need to be posted in a new topic.