Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Mods please lock

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Mods please lock

Got my money back today

{See: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...401666#1401666 --Tomas}
Old 03-01-2006, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm pretty sure this post will magically disappear . I feel for you bro, I really do.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

WoW
Old 03-01-2006, 12:51 AM
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member

deeeum.
That blows.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Munch
I'm pretty sure this post will magically disappear . I feel for you bro, I really do.
Not sure if anyone noticed I had posted this a couple days ago, but decided to wait till the 1st. Well it's the 1st of March out here in the desert. But, seeing as how my email to them was ignored, I decided to repost.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow...that really sucks. You have every right to be ____ed off from what you have posted. I would be interested to hear what ZPI has to say about this matter as there are always 2 sides to every story. Having to wait 3 months for any part or modification is very extreme and I appreciate you posting this as I will hold off doing business with ZPI until they have a chance to clear their name.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

sorry to hear that, but you have every right to take action. I work retail unfortunately but, i always make sure that the customer gets the benifit of the doubt, they should have given you your money back, or a discount of some type, they are fighting a loosing battle. Did you consider the turbonetics kit? or was it too expensive, or are you just waiting for your money first? i've been looking at the turbonetics kit hope to be an owner soon
Old 03-01-2006, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Flintmica06
sorry to hear that, but you have every right to take action. I work retail unfortunately but, i always make sure that the customer gets the benifit of the doubt, they should have given you your money back, or a discount of some type, they are fighting a loosing battle. Did you consider the turbonetics kit? or was it too expensive, or are you just waiting for your money first? i've been looking at the turbonetics kit hope to be an owner soon
Yeah, I definitely didn't expect things to come to this. As I stated since requesting a refund on 9 Feb. and being told I would get a refund 17 Feb., I have not been issued a refund. After waiting about 2 months I did start thinking why didn't I just buy the turbonetics kit, but now, I'm just not in the mood to turbo my tC. I'm gonna trade it in when I get back to Washington. And I really need my money so as to have something extra to add to the down payment.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

that's cool, you gotta do what you gotta do i'm selling my 1969 cherried out olds cutlass that my grandfather passed down to me cause i cant afford the gas, that's why i bought the tC I hate to see it go, but s*$t happens
Old 03-01-2006, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Wow.. Hopefully this all gets resolved for you bro.. I would suggest trying to work out something with ZPI before going to military route.. I did went that route before.. and sometimes the fine print will get you. The military will only go so far. As far as the restocking fee.. that is not uncommon.. Just remember.. be professional.. and things will work out for the best.

Good luck!
Old 03-01-2006, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow.. Hopefully this all gets resolved for you bro.. I would suggest trying to work out something with ZPI before going to military route.. I did went that route before.. and sometimes the fine print will get you. The military will only go so far. As far as the restocking fee.. that is not uncommon.. Just remember.. be professional.. and things will work out for the best.
But how can there be a restocking fee when ZPI never fulfilled their obligation by shipping the merchandise to the customer? He never received anything so how can ZPI charge him a restocking fee?
Old 03-01-2006, 06:42 PM
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member

I dont know but that really would blow if they did.
ZPI must get on here and tell us their side. I was planning on getting the stage 1 but because of this I will probably get the Turbonetics or SoundPerformance kit.
BallBearing...mmmmmm.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I'm not saying its right or wrong.. I am just suggesting that he remain professional and calm about all of this.. Especially being in the military. It does stink when something doesn't work out the way it was originally planned.. but I have noticed a lot of negative posts on this section where SL users immediately bring all of their issues to the public and usually all it would take is a little bit of patience and some over the phone conversation. I am not saying he hasn't done any of this either.. but I do believe that no company is just going to forget about a situation, or ignore one of this caliber.. I do logistics for a living.. and I personally have had to return something before I even received it.. It happens.. stuff does happen guys and gals.. I am sure every single one of us has had something happen that was unexpected.. in business.. that happens as well.. but again.. remaining professional will usually get you better results than dragging their name through the mud. A perfect example you might ask.. Myself and WeaponR.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ True, very true...sometimes remaining calm when it comes to cash out of pocket is very tough indeed but you are absolutely right with what you have said
Old 03-01-2006, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I am positive that ZPI will resolve this issue.. Just work with Kenny.. they are some very intellegent and hardworking people. Best of luck!
Old 03-01-2006, 07:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Carlos you forgot to add this.....the same reply we sent you today

Carlos,

I can appreciate your frustration as we share this with you on dates being pushed back and kits not leaving. I was out of the office yesterday so please; do not take my silence as avoidance I was simply not at work.

We would much rather you have our turbo kit and be a happy customer than a disgruntle one whom the wait yielded you nothing but time without your money. I will work on this today and give you a honest no BS date that we can keep and let you make the decision from there. As you know we have built an entire company on simple customer relations and this is no different.

I think where you are confused is that even though we will offer you the support of ZPIracing for technical support and product help you are not our customer. We appreciate the business but your refund is handled with Racing Solutions and not us. We handle our wholesale accounts much different than a retail situation. They make a very good profit by selling our kits so they answer to different standards than you would as a ZPIracing retail customer. So in all honesty we do not have nay of your money, we have Racing Solutions and just like we can not return the turbochargers, intercooler, couplers etc… when you cancel a kit they answer to different standards. Our policy does not govern over your account theirs does, so I am unsure of what there refund policy is but ours or the money dealings between us should not affect it.

We will get you and Brian a date by the end of the day and then you can make your decision from there. We appreciate your service for this great country in the Air Force keep up the good work.

Keisha Wooley
Customer Service
Zero Point Industries, LLC
Old 03-01-2006, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mavrichie
But how can there be a restocking fee when ZPI never fulfilled their obligation by shipping the merchandise to the customer? He never received anything so how can ZPI charge him a restocking fee?
I would agree that I would definitely rather get this resolved personally between myself and ZPI. And like mavrichie said why would I get a restocking fee for something I never recieved? Makes sense to me.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Stu_Gotti
I'm not saying its right or wrong.. I am just suggesting that he remain professional and calm about all of this.. Especially being in the military. It does stink when something doesn't work out the way it was originally planned.. but I have noticed a lot of negative posts on this section where SL users immediately bring all of their issues to the public and usually all it would take is a little bit of patience and some over the phone conversation. I am not saying he hasn't done any of this either.. but I do believe that no company is just going to forget about a situation, or ignore one of this caliber.. I do logistics for a living.. and I personally have had to return something before I even received it.. It happens.. stuff does happen guys and gals.. I am sure every single one of us has had something happen that was unexpected.. in business.. that happens as well.. but again.. remaining professional will usually get you better results than dragging their name through the mud. A perfect example you might ask.. Myself and WeaponR.
I agree about remaining professional, but everyone has their limits as to how long it's gonna last. And like you pointed out, I didn't just on the drop of a dime drag this all out for everyone to see. I waited more than patiently, and in the beginning I was a die hard Zpi supporter. But I am sincerely sorry that I had to do this to get Zpi to respond honestly. And I still have tons of respect for them. I was shocked when I got their email and it was straight up professional. That was amazing to me.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

good luck with all this... I feel your fustrations and for future reference, I found this on the BBB website back in the day when i had problems with tctunerz. I know ZPI will resolve this issue and from experience they are a great company.

The Federal Trade Commission's Mail Order Rule allows the seller 30 days to ship ordered products to the buyer unless otherwise specified at the time of purchase. If the seller cannot ship within the 30 day period, they are required to notify the buyer in writing of the delay, and give the option of waiting, or having their money returned within seven days. Credit card payments must be credited within one billing cycle.

Merchants who violate the Rule can be sued by the FTC for injunctive relief, monetary civil penalties of up to $11,000 per violation (any time during the five years preceding the filing of the complaint), and consumer redress (any time during the three years preceding the filing of the complaint). When the mails are involved, the Postal Service also has authority to take action for problems such as non-delivery. State law enforcement agencies can take action for violating state consumer protection laws.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I forgot to mention that you can go to your bank/credit card company and fill out an affidavit form. Your reason is that you have not receieved the goods and you have made all attempts to request a refund. Check with your bank and credit card company about the time limit. I think you have either 30 or 60 days to say something. The bank/credit card company will issue you provisional credit pending an investigation. Help you found this helpful.

Quick Reply: Mods please lock