Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Official ZPI discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 08:29 PM
Founder
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Official ZPI discussion thread

We have a very fractured discussion on ZPI, so in the interest of maintain accurate information for future reference I am going to start this thread. All future ZPI discussion should be kept within this topic.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Received Turbo Very sweet
Old 07-19-2005, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Su1c1da1 says:
the least thing they can do is take a pic of the whole palet/boxes ready to just have a pipe inputed and be shipped out.
This should only take a few seconds so is it too much to ask for?
Old 07-19-2005, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionDad
Wow, Matty, didn't know you were the ZPI police. I've now seen you go at people on here for just about everything. You will NOT tell me or anyone else to be silent while a vendor is not doing what they said they would. That is the purpose of this forum and you seem more along the lines of just to stir up crap.

Do you have a ZPI turbo on order? If so, then shut up and wait for your kit like a good boy.

If not, then quit deep throating them and acting like you have anything to do with this you little wannabe. Buy some more stickers for your car.

How is that for a hissy fit you butt munch!

Oh yea, if you really think they would ship out the turbos for nothing, you're smoking something you shouldn't.
I'm not telling you to be silent but quit whining like a little girl ESPECIALLY IN THE WRONG FORUM.

I've been trying to help people realize how to use these forums by recommending searching on the "AEM or INJEN?" type threads and keep vendor related stuff in this forum not the power forum. Call me a **** but there are rules to these forums and it would help if people would follow them,

I don't have a ZPI turbo kit and wouldn't purchase one from them if I were going to be FI later in my car's life. But I don't like a business getting slammed for something that is completely understandable and the customers knew could happen in the first place. They're going WAY overbaord offering you guys $100/week because of the delay. I've never seen that before I don't know about you.

As far as the name calling, that's cute. Once again proving just exactly how mature you are. Exactly what I would expect from somebody whining about the hole they dug for themselves.

Mods: thank you for moving the thread.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matty-tC
Wow, Matty, didn't know you were the ZPI police. I've now seen you go at people on here for just about everything. You will NOT tell me or anyone else to be silent while a vendor is not doing what they said they would. That is the purpose of this forum and you seem more along the lines of just to stir up crap.

Do you have a ZPI turbo on order? If so, then shut up and wait for your kit like a good boy.

If not, then quit deep throating them and acting like you have anything to do with this you little wannabe. Buy some more stickers for your car.

How is that for a hissy fit you butt munch!

Oh yea, if you really think they would ship out the turbos for nothing, you're smoking something you shouldn't.
I'm not telling you to be silent but quit whining like a little girl ESPECIALLY IN THE WRONG FORUM.

I've been trying to help people realize how to use these forums by recommending searching on the "AEM or INJEN?" type threads and keep vendor related stuff in this forum not the power forum. Call me a **** but there are rules to these forums and it would help if people would follow them,

I don't have a ZPI turbo kit and wouldn't purchase one from them if I were going to be FI later in my car's life. But I don't like a business getting slammed for something that is completely understandable and the customers knew could happen in the first place. They're going WAY overbaord offering you guys $100/week because of the delay. I've never seen that before I don't know about you.

As far as the name calling, that's cute. Once again proving just exactly how mature you are. Exactly what I would expect from somebody whining about the hole they dug for themselves.

Mods: thank you for moving the thread.
I'm a reserved man, but you pushed it over. You see Matty, This conversation had nothing to do with you. No one asked your opinion nor wanted it. You jumped in, having no money on the table at all and pound fellow forum members wanting answers. You're not a mod Matty. You're just some kid with too much time on his hands. You want forum etiquet Matty, since YOU have nothing at stake, unless someone ASKS you for your opinion....STFU and stay out of it. ZPI can answer on their own. In fact, it's you that has caused the flaming.

You don't like companies getting slammed for not providing the product that was paid for by your fellow forum members Matty? You said we all KNEW what we were getting into. This is worse case......... I didn't pay to have it in August. Not in July either. I paid for JUNE. What month is it Matty? Now Matty, think real hard what an a$$ clown you would be if, god forbid, everyone got ripped off. What's the charge back time frame for a CC Matty? You're a child Matty. When you grow up, you too will have the experience to see the forest thru the trees.

The crying Matty is from you. If you don't like a thread, don't open it. BFD if your "teaching" the world how to search. noobs will do it ANYWAY. Did you just get access to the web?

No, I've NEVER seen a company do that before. Think REAL HARD Matty why you never have either. Do you think Matty that NOW, they might REALLY have to put out a turbo that is NOT ready in order to stop the $100 charge backs. DO you think they would just ship 30 or so out free of charge if something happened like Scionspeeds delay? There are no free lunches.

As for me in a hole...nope I can't say that...it's to easy.

In the future, just let ZPI do their own talking and you stick to the search functions.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm a reserved man, but you pushed it over. You see Matty, This conversation had nothing to do with you. No one asked your opinion nor wanted it. You jumped in, having no money on the table at all and pound fellow forum members wanting answers. You're not a mod Matty. You're just some kid with too much time on his hands. You want forum etiquet Matty, since YOU have nothing at stake, unless someone ASKS you for your opinion....STFU and stay out of it. ZPI can answer on their own. In fact, it's you that has caused the flaming.
I'm a 3rd party. I'm not someone with money involved so I can be onjective. You're spewing stuff off at the mouth because you're ____ed off your kit hasn't come yet (which you knew could happen). You can call me a kid and I never claimed to be a mod but I do have something at stake. I spent $20k on a car and would like to have an aftermarket for it. With people attacking companies without reason, it scares off aftermarket support. Why would someone want to risk making a business for a platform when they get crucified everytime they fart and don't excuse themselves?

You don't like companies getting slammed for not providing the product that was paid for by your fellow forum members Matty? You said we all KNEW what we were getting into. This is worse case......... I didn't pay to have it in August. Not in July either. I paid for JUNE. What month is it Matty? Now Matty, think real hard what an a$$ clown you would be if, god forbid, everyone got ripped off. What's the charge back time frame for a CC Matty? You're a child Matty. When you grow up, you too will have the experience to see the forest thru the trees.

I understand that you should throw a fit and sue them to death IF THEY DONT COME THROUGH WITH THEIR PROMISE! Right now they're in the period where they offer $100/week for every week they're late. YOU AGREED TO THESE TERMS! It flabbergasts me to think that you're angry because what you knew could happen, is happening! This is what I don't understand.

If you don't ever get your kit, throw a fit. I will be right there with you saying they F'd over a lot of people. But you're a little premature aren't you?

The crying Matty is from you. If you don't like a thread, don't open it. BFD if your "teaching" the world how to search. noobs will do it ANYWAY. Did you just get access to the web?
Again more immaturity from your end. Congratulations.

No, I've NEVER seen a company do that before. Think REAL HARD Matty why you never have either. Do you think Matty that NOW, they might REALLY have to put out a turbo that is NOT ready in order to stop the $100 charge backs. DO you think they would just ship 30 or so out free of charge if something happened like Scionspeeds delay? There are no free lunches.
If you entered a contract with them under certain terms, and they are following those terms, you have no grounds to do anything.

As for me in a hole...nope I can't say that...it's to easy.

In the future, just let ZPI do their own talking and you stick to the search functions.
I'm done. If you're too dumb to figure out what my point is, I don't think I can reword it any other way. I'll say it as plain as I can:

1) the customers entered the purchase knowing that if they're late they get $100/week back

2) nobody has lost their money and didn't get a turbo kit (as per the terms of the agreement)

3) throwing a fit now is only going to do harm to the aftermarket support of the tC platform

4) if they end up screwing you over, charge back the money on your credit card, sue them, throw fits, start threads, drive to their shop and demand the money, do whatever you want to get your money back.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Since it's an LLC, you can only sue the company. It is very easy to dissolve a corporation to it's shareholders/owners, and leave the company with all the liability and the owners with all the money.

I am no longer taking any stance with ZPI, I hope you all get your parts and someone makes enough power to pull on me

Also remember chargebacks can only happen for 90 days with most credit card companies.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

2 months left on CC chargebacks..
Old 07-20-2005, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ummmm... any chance that those inlet pipes will arive by next week?
Old 07-20-2005, 01:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They claim they should be here Friday. Cross your fingers.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member

Though I did not pre-order a ZPI Kit and do not directly feel these "feelings" everyone is having towards them, I will speak from my perspective and say that the situation is being overly dramatized when simply patience would be best. ____ happens. From everything I've read I am led to believe these guys are working in everyones best interest and the discussions and hyping of fraud are unfounded.

Could they have done a better job? I suppose, though it seems kind of obvious they truly believed everything was going to be done if they offered $100 a week for delays.

In fact, I envy you guys. $2400 for pre-order plus reimbursement for delays? Damn, I'd be praying they take even longer if I was a preorder customer. End up getting a kit for free lol. You all have it good. Stop crying, it's a performance part for a car. Live your life.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey, I was wondering if a front strut bar would still fit with the turbo piping.
I know there would prob be a fitment issue with the DC one since its thicker, but I wonder if the Hotchkis one would fit.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you'd have bettter luck calling ZPI than getting a response in this thread
Old 07-20-2005, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I Instant Messaged 'thescionstore' and they immediatly went out and measured for me...

They came back and stated that a DC Strut Bar would fit fine.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice. that works too
Old 07-20-2005, 11:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

we have found that AIM is a great tool for us to communicate with the large number of customers that we have.

thescionstore
kennystrickler

Please feel free to IM us anytime during business hours and you should get a speedy response, it allows us communicate with multiple customers at once much more efficent than phone lines on hold
Old 07-21-2005, 02:50 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Talked to them on aim and on the phone. Very helpful and speedy response. Thanks!
Old 07-24-2005, 02:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

please keep this on topic.

if anyone from ZPI is reading, did you receive the pipes this past Friday to ship the kits out?
Old 07-24-2005, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We have recieved the MAF plates, we are still waiting on the pipes. We are looking good for the first part of next week at this point it is really just a waiting game
Old 07-29-2005, 01:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

First and foremost I would just like to state that everything that I post on this thread is from my very own personnal experience with ZPI they are not heresay but actual events which have transpired since I started dealing with ZPI.

When we were first told that the turbo kits that we preordered were going to ship out July 5th 2005 I was excited and I had my wife call ZPI on the 13th of June and order their Stage 1 turbo kit. On the 30th of June I had to cancel out of the preorder due to unforseen events. My wife was told that no problem that you would recieve the refund in 3-5 business days.(At which time there was no mention of a 20% restocking fee on or prior to when the order was placed.). On the 8th of July I noticed that the money was still not accredited to my visa so my wife decided to call ZPI. She was told that they did not process the request for the refund until the 5th of July due to the fact that they get charged by their processing company. (I understand that part and still no mention of a 20% restocking fee). At around the 14th of July my visa was still not accredited. At that point we asked them to call their credit card processing company and they mentioned something that they were unable to process so many refunds at the same time that they had some limit to the amount of money they can refund. (at this point I was rather fustrated but I still understood that there are limits to everything). Well 28th of July I finally get a partial refund and my wife called to see when we were going to get the rest of our money. She called and was told by an employee that there was a restocking fee of 20% that was deducted.

Here is where the problem comes in. Why in the world would there be a restocking fee on an item that has not been shipped yet? Probably the most annoying question of them all would be why when we ordered the kit no one mentioned anything of a 20% restocking fee should we cancel our order? Then finally for the last 3-4 weeks of constantly calling ZPI about our refund were we not even told of this fee? I hate to say it but not even scionspeed charged me a restocking fee for when I canceled my preorder with them. Seems rather unreal to be charged a restocking fee for an item that hasnt shipped out yet. Had I known this I would have just kept the kit and make back that restocking fee for every week they failed to ship the kits out. At this point fustration over this matter has reached its peak and now am looking into possible legal action.

Again what I am posting is not heresay but actual events which have happened to me.

Quick Reply: Official ZPI discussion thread