Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Official ZPI discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
Originally Posted by Streeter
(Zer0, you always posted the other quote before - what happened, buddy! )
Explain,.. Only thing I posted about this situation is the image on their website.
PM'd

Originally Posted by Nick06tC
Understood. But how much better are things REALLY, if they made a promise of DELIVERED BY August 1st, and they fail to meet that? If they cant meet their own deadline with that much on the table, who says they can meet future shipping deadlines with just one order on the table? Thats a consumers way of thinking.
That's pretty much exactly what I thought someone would say. If you really wanna get technical, the first thing they said was "filled". Refer here.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hope to have my mail-box "filled" with a Stage 0. Emanage, gaskets and other misc stuff that I ordered. This whole thing has been a horrible experience that I do not wish anyone to go through.

When you got this much money in limbo for so long and no alternatives it just wears you down after a while.

I guess the only one to blame is myself. It's all my fault...
Old 07-31-2006, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I don't want anybody to go through what I did either - waiting for a year and a half to get boosted from 2 different companies. I'm really grateful that some good people stepped in (Brian @ Racingsolution and Kenny @ ZPI) and helped me out, or I'd have been completely screwed. I feel for ya, man!! I'm so excited to hear about when your car is boosted.

How is everybody else doing? I've heard of a lot of non-turbo orders having been shipped out and received already.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:41 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by zer0
(Zer0, you always posted the other quote before - what happened, buddy! )
Explain,.. Only thing I posted about this situation is the image on their website.
PM'd

Understood. But how much better are things REALLY, if they made a promise of DELIVERED BY August 1st, and they fail to meet that? If they cant meet their own deadline with that much on the table, who says they can meet future shipping deadlines with just one order on the table? Thats a consumers way of thinking.
That's pretty much exactly what I thought someone would say. If you really wanna get technical, the first thing they said was "filled". Refer here.
Fair enough. I dont know what to interpret FILLED as meaning. Its extremely vague. Now lets go to the other side of it. Which word of ZPI's is what they mean. The cant even get that straight. (I know that is a long shot statment, but its just a noted observation)
Old 07-31-2006, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

who gives a dam as long as we have tracking numbers by tuesday, at least we know its on its way. I'M EXCITED. i'm happy to see ZPI getting back on their feet.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ark05tc
who gives a dam as long as we have tracking numbers by tuesday, at least we know its on its way. I'M EXCITED. i'm happy to see ZPI getting back on their feet.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Has anyone gotten tracking numbers from ZPI on a turbo kit yet?
Old 08-01-2006, 02:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When I talked to Kenny today, he said they were gonna ship around 20 kits today. So I would imagine you will be seeing some tracking info very soon.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ProshopXB
When I talked to Kenny today, he said they were gonna ship around 20 kits today. So I would imagine you will be seeing some tracking info very soon.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:18 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

zer0, what kit are you waiting on? btw great choice in wheels i have the rs-gts in hyperblack
Old 08-01-2006, 07:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looky here, I think this whole shebang has been the most unprofessional thing I have ever seen. Never have I seen a company take so many orders for products and take so long to actually turn it out. What's bad: there's people whole heartedly backing this company's questionable practices and those people are either getting freebies or have them already. I believe in letting the company build a customer base from it's own great products and service, not from some zealots. Tomarrow is the day... what happens? I think we'll see some bankruptcy papers and little product actually getting into buyer's hands. The only reason I've made this prediction and posted here is because based on the past and current actions/inactions I see no hope for anything good. I'm deffinately sure we'll see a good amount of customers falling through the cracks. I can say good luck to all and dont lose much sleep tonight, all will be revealed in the morning be it good, bad, or uneasy.

I will ask that we please hold our heads and good manners through this, remember the mods here are people too and we don't get paid to clean this stuff up but happily do so anyhow.

Thank You.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ark05tc
zer0, what kit are you waiting on? btw great choice in wheels i have the rs-gts in hyperblack
No kit, im just here to see if ZPI can come through with their promise. Ive only bought 1 item from them, if they fix their problems... I may be a returning customer.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:38 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Well its august 1st. I know some people dont agree with the reading ZPIs letter to the word. But if you read what they posted, if you do not have a kit on your doorstep as of the time of this posting, you should have your money refunded. Thats plane clear cut and to the point of their typing.
Is anyone going to hold them to it? Or are they going to go with the normal, oh just one more day attitude ZPI gave them for the past year?

ZPI has failed in my eyes, they promised delivery BY August 1st and it didnt happen.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Did you expect to get your tracking ID in your email at 3:30am?

I thought we'd been through this...

If you really wanna get technical, the first thing they said was "filled". Refer here.
Fair enough. I dont know what to interpret FILLED as meaning.
Hey, if you don't get your tracking # by end of business today, by all means get your refund. There'll be absolutely no question then - no room for interpretation.

My order's on the line too, so I'm watching and waiting as well.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A friend of mine bought a turbo kit from ZPI over a month ago. I kind of let him get it first so I can see how it is before getting a kit for my car. Well, still no kit so he asked for a refund. Two weeks ago, ZPI told him they would refund him but there would be a restocking fee. IMO, that is complete BS because the kit was NOT delivered in the time promised. Anyhow, I told him to just bite the restocking fee and just get whatever he can back. So, he called and emailed ZPI for a refund and they told him it would have to be the next week because they were adding a new partner to the company and the funds were locked...or some crap like that. WTF does that have to do with refunding a customer? Does every business stop operating because there are management or owner changes? I sensed that they were just stalling. Anyhow, its been two weeks now, and each week, he was told the refund would be the "next" week for whatever stupid reason. Today, I asked him what was going on with the refund and they said it will not be until the 15th because their funds are tied up. Anyone here live around ZPI's facility? If they can charge customers for orders they can refund. Its as simple as that. The business practices there are just amazingly retarded. I never said anything and I will even keep my friends sn unknown as a sign of respect for him but any of you who are considering making a purchase from ZPI need to beware. What a dogfart business.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...761859#1761859
Old 08-01-2006, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A restocking fee is normal for any internet company...just check with any company. Kaminari/Greddy/Turbonetics all have a restocking if the sale is cancelled or refunded. On another note...all reamining turbo kit orders are being shipped out today. So the deadline was met. Shipped= deleiverd in the internet world, any internet company will tell you that. anything happening during shipment a claim can be filed and the corrective actions can be taken.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by peteyd
A restocking fee is normal for any internet company...just check with any company. Kaminari/Greddy/Turbonetics all have a restocking if the sale is cancelled or refunded. On another note...all reamining turbo kit orders are being shipped out today. So the deadline was met. Shipped= deleiverd in the internet world, any internet company will tell you that. anything happening during shipment a claim can be filed and the corrective actions can be taken.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Peteyd, ZPI is not off the hook. You are not the one making the determination of whether ZPI has kept their word or not. It's 5:30PM in my neck of the woods and I still have no tracking number for my order.

Too many broken promises and missed dates to just call this a finished transaction with a happy ending... It's not over until I have the products I ordered and payed for in my hands -Period! No amount of flag waving and goodwill are going to change that.

Has anyone gotten a tracking number yet on a ZPI turbo that was on backorder? That's what I want to know.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by peteyd
If you call them, ask about a product and they tell you it will be shipped out to you in 8 days....3 months later you have nothing. There should be NO restocking fee for something that has not even shipped. The dead line of the original agreement was not met. A restocking fee is to cover the costs of transactions, shipping, time processing etc. You CANT charge a restocking fee for a nonexistant product. The "kit" was not completed in the time promised. VOID agreement.

Originally Posted by ERIC-TC
Peteyd, ZPI is not off the hook. You are not the one making the determination of whether ZPI has kept their word or not. It's 5:30PM in my neck of the woods and I still have no tracking number for my order.

Too many broken promises and missed dates to just call this a finished transaction with a happy ending... It's not over until I have the products I ordered and payed for in my hands -Period! No amount of flag waving and goodwill are going to change that.

Has anyone gotten a tracking number yet on a ZPI turbo that was on backorder? That's what I want to know.
According to ZPI's president, if they are not ready today, all kits are free. Lets see about that. lol.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Default The Final Word

Well, the day has come and the day has gone. I wonder how many have product in hand, or at least tracking numbers as promised.

I really am over this situation, and am SOOO glad I never did business with the aforementioned.

I want to clarify somethings, really educate the lot on how business works or is supposed to work. Especially in this industry. This is my opinion, so y'all can tell me to shove it if so inclined. Afterall WTF do I know?

Restocking fees are for items that are ACTUALLY PULLED FROM STOCK. Meaning the item was in existance, sitting on the shelf, waiting for you, someone had to walk their fat ___ to the warehouse and PICK it, and actually ship it.

You really can't charge restocking for something that wasn't even in stock. That should make sense to a two year old even. Doing it otherwise is just poor business but a good way to rip customers off.

Secondly, companies like Kaminari, GReddy, Turbonetics (the big dogs) are not considered "internet" companies. They are MANUFACTURERS. really manufacturers or actual WHOLESALE DISTRIBUTORS are the ones that can charge restocking fees.

And like I said, you get charged the fee only if you actually get a product, then decide to take it back. That should NOT HAPPEN ON REFUNDS from non-shipped or recieved product. AND ACTUALLY SOUNDS ILLEGAL TO ME. Look it up.

But hey, it's all there in writing. All the promises, dates, etc. People have ammo. The words FILLED, DELIVERED, AND SHIPPED are all being redefined thanks to this mess. Reminds me of Bill Clinton not having SEX but still have SEX with Monica Blowinsky. Just another tactic to buy more time IMO.

Point is, I hope everyone can see through the garbage and be more cautious when purchasing products in the future. iF IT DOESNT SOUND RIGHT, IT'S BECUASE ITS NOT. Trust your instincts. I did and I am not waiting on a refund or a turbo.

Quick Reply: Official ZPI discussion thread