Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Official ZPI discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Quick update.

Got the missing parts in today for my stage 0 kit. hopefully I can get the kit installed next weekend.

Man it's like 104F outside and my garage has no AC. I think my next MOD will be to pimp out the garage and add extra insulation, fans and an AC unit...

I will be setting my stage 0 with proportional water/meth injection and emanage.

Got a PLX wide band and a progressive water injection system from Devil's Own. Also have a huge tranny cooler and gauges. I'm still on the fence whether to hook up the injen CAI to the ZPI intake pipe or not. I think that a 3-2.25 silicone adapter should be all I need to make the connection -but with all the engine movement from the extra torque the CAI may be a bad idea.

All support mods are installed minus the emange and TRD sway bar.

Wish me luck.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Glad you got the missing stuff in Eric and good luck with the install. On a side note: I wouldn't worry about trying to hook your CAI up to the turbo, I dont beleieve it would be benefcial and it may even hurt performance.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ZPIracing
we will be updating the manual tomorrow...we have changed some stuff with the kit for the better so we need to update the manual. Sean will be here full time now and we are always here for tech support...even now at midnight.

WE are the leader in Scion performance and we are here to prove it!!! Time to make some power !!!
What stuff have you changed to the kit ? us future owners would like to know ?

im talking about the stage 0 and stage 1.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

will ZPI be having there "shootout" again in 2007? if so, is there a date set yet? thanks
Old 09-07-2006, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by autopainter13
will ZPI be having there "shootout" again in 2007? if so, is there a date set yet? thanks
I dont think thay have decided on whether there will be another one or not... Im sure it will be big news on here if they do have another one thou. You can also check out there forums at www.zpiracing.net , for updates.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It be quite a hike from sterling heights, I grew up in warren. I'll be at the next shootout it'd be nice to chat w/ some from back on the block.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by WreckedtC
It be quite a hike from sterling heights, I grew up in warren. I'll be at the next shootout it'd be nice to chat w/ some from back on the block.
if they have it, i will be coming for sure
Old 09-11-2006, 04:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A friend and I made the two hour trek to ZPI on 9-5-06 to check the place out. Sean was very friendly and took about an hour of his time to show us around the shop, show us all the cars and tell us what mods they had or were putting on them, and answered any and all questions we had about anything tC related. This is definately a top notch Scion tuning shop. Don't listen to all the ZPI haters on here, ZPI is the king of tC forced induction, hands down
Old 09-15-2006, 09:13 PM
5 Year Member

I'm no hater, but my issue still hasn't been solved like they said they would... it's been over a month past agreement date and I can't get ahold of them... All I gotta say is this situation has been garbege...
Old 09-15-2006, 09:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've personally been in the office all week, everyday, all day and you have not called the shop. If you are sending emails to Kenny, they will not be responded until Monday as he is in California at a Scion Night show.

Please email me what your issue is....keisha@thescionstore.com
Old 09-16-2006, 01:04 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by JohnnyBlazed
I'm no hater, but my issue still hasn't been solved like they said they would... it's been over a month past agreement date and I can't get ahold of them... All I gotta say is this situation has been garbege...
that surprises me.....but so does a lot of other things
Old 09-16-2006, 10:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

Originally Posted by JohnnyBlazed

So that new guy over at ZPI never fufilled his promise? ZPI needs to refund your money plus a huge compensation.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

^ I doubt very much that you cannot get ahold of them. EVERY, and I mean EVERY time I call them during normal business hours on the East Coast someone picks up the phone and answers my questions...

just give keisha a call, or AIM her, as she is online almost every day during the day and you'll get taken care for sure. All their AIM ID's are on the ZPI website and I chat every few days with them...
Old 09-17-2006, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member

*Edit*... If you don't know my story don't comment. but let me clerify... I've called and got ahold of the secretary and kiesha once in the past month left messages for both kenny and danny and not one call back... I've gotten ahold of them probally 60% on regular hours.. Not the point. Point is, I've been dealing with ZPI for well over an year, finally had something happen within the last month but go figure they renig'ed on half the agreement. So it's my responsibility to leave pointless messages that do not get adressed? Look Danny got it rolling now please go ahead act like a business and finish it so I don't have to bother with this ANY more...
Old 09-17-2006, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

If you don't know my story don't comment. but let me clerify... I've called and got ahold of the secretary and kiesha once in the past month left messages for both kenny and danny and not one call back... I've gotten ahold of them probally 60% on regular hours.. Not the point. Point is, I've been dealing with ZPI for well over an year, finally had something happen within the last month but go figure they renig'ed on half the agreement. So it's my responsibility to leave pointless messages that do not get adressed? Look Danny got it rolling now please go ahead act like a business and finish it so I don't have to bother with this ANY more...

wow this is a huge surprise! ZPI had been so active on the board as of late. I would imagine that they had taken good care of you by now however thats not the case here.

I remember the thread that you started a while back, it was a good reference thread. That thread brought out the many ZPI negative experience customers and the postive customers. For some reason the thread were locked and disappear.

Now it seems that the supermods will not allow anyone to post anything negative about ZPI.

Well, lets hope that ZPI will do the right thing and resolve your situation.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

everyone needs to know this stuff before they spend money.... They sell big ticket items and people need to feel secure when purchasing
Old 09-17-2006, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Hey All... PM sent to Johnny and I'm going to do MY best to help out... Not getting calls back is a bummer, and with that info, I can understand frustration...

I still see a MAJOR positive change in the last months and there is a ton of positive momentum... Thus, why I am now a customer, and have the ability to post my positive experiences!

I'll be back on Monday to post up what we got going...

BTW - there were a couple informative posts in the past, but other Supermods and I closed and consolidated into one post, which is located here and is game to post in no problem... I'll do my best to help out any of the guys and keep it responsible on both sides, as it's what I do in all the other forums as well, and what I'll do here.

-WDS
Old 09-17-2006, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

john, your offer was never "renigged" as you so term it. as posted before, i suggest you contact kenny via aim, email, or phone call as he is back in town and will be in the office all week.

himself, danny, and the rest of us have been working very diligently to solve any old issues and getting things taken care of. possibly if you would call, and talk to someone you would realize that no one is "renigging" on anything.

it seems ironic to me that you say that you don't have time to deal with this situation and actually call our business, but you do have the time to post on the internet about it?
Old 09-17-2006, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

We'll all be good... The contact lines are all back up and running and I'm now sure that Johnny will be taken care of in a jiffy!

The internet forums are always a tough dynamic for customer service and addressing problems... Kenny and I had a good conversation about that at SNIII, as it gave me a chance to hammer out the old stories and see how things are taken care of now...

My BEST Suggestion - Keep it fair, Keep it proffesional, and if neccesary, Keep Persistant, and most problems will be solved amicably... It's when it goes downhill that both parties get frustrated and burnt by the deal of back and forth stuff.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got Keisha on speed dial and have had the phone answered every time for my last 6 calls. Heck, my last purchase was here in less that 2 days!

Sean, thanks for the special packaging on the ZPI injectors. I love the white on black graphics and it fits perfect. Nice vinyl stickers too.

Quick Reply: Official ZPI discussion thread