Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Official ZPI discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Lyracon
First and foremost I would just like to state that everything that I post on this thread is from my very own personnal experience with ZPI they are not heresay but actual events which have transpired since I started dealing with ZPI.

When we were first told that the turbo kits that we preordered were going to ship out July 5th 2005 I was excited and I had my wife call ZPI on the 13th of June and order their Stage 1 turbo kit. On the 30th of June I had to cancel out of the preorder due to unforseen events. My wife was told that no problem that you would recieve the refund in 3-5 business days.(At which time there was no mention of a 20% restocking fee on or prior to when the order was placed.). On the 8th of July I noticed that the money was still not accredited to my visa so my wife decided to call ZPI. She was told that they did not process the request for the refund until the 5th of July due to the fact that they get charged by their processing company. (I understand that part and still no mention of a 20% restocking fee). At around the 14th of July my visa was still not accredited. At that point we asked them to call their credit card processing company and they mentioned something that they were unable to process so many refunds at the same time that they had some limit to the amount of money they can refund. (at this point I was rather fustrated but I still understood that there are limits to everything). Well 28th of July I finally get a partial refund and my wife called to see when we were going to get the rest of our money. She called and was told by an employee that there was a restocking fee of 20% that was deducted.

Here is where the problem comes in. Why in the world would there be a restocking fee on an item that has not been shipped yet? Probably the most annoying question of them all would be why when we ordered the kit no one mentioned anything of a 20% restocking fee should we cancel our order? Then finally for the last 3-4 weeks of constantly calling ZPI about our refund were we not even told of this fee? I hate to say it but not even scionspeed charged me a restocking fee for when I canceled my preorder with them. Seems rather unreal to be charged a restocking fee for an item that hasnt shipped out yet. Had I known this I would have just kept the kit and make back that restocking fee for every week they failed to ship the kits out. At this point fustration over this matter has reached its peak and now am looking into possible legal action.

Again what I am posting is not heresay but actual events which have happened to me.
And the plot thickens
Old 07-29-2005, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

restocking a nonexisting kit LOL
Old 07-29-2005, 04:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that just not right...
Old 07-29-2005, 09:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You should have just filed a chargeback to the credit card company for non-shipment and let them deal with ZPI. Sorry about the 20% loss, that ain't right to charge you for a restocking fee. For all you know, it might not even be in stock yet so what is to re-stock?
Old 07-29-2005, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We do not charge a restock fee we do however charge a cancellation fee. We pay 3% plus fees to a CC company when we receive money and the same when we refund it. So on a $3,000 turbo kit that we refund we lose about 300 dollars. Plus we order the core parts wastegate and BOV to order in your specific color. We have been waiving a lot of these fees on the Scion orders due to the wait. Your case did not justify a waiver.

You cancelled your order 10 days after ordering it. This is why the fees were not waived in your case. We processed your refund on July 5th. A refund will not post to your account immediately as a charge does not show up on our account immediately. We batch out our account once a week. It then goes to our processing company that handles it. Once we batch out it is out of our hands we have no control. We where honest with you the whole time, we told you what we where told. We talked to you everyday when you repetitively called, we are sorry that we did not have an answer for you we told you all that we knew.

We have been brutally honest with the Scion market and the Scion Life web forum. We feel that our customer service is second to none. Unfortunately it is only the few unhappy customers that make it to the net, not the hundreds of happy ones. We followed company procedure in this case and apologize for any miscommunication that may have occurred.

Thanks

-zpi
Old 07-29-2005, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok lets suppose there isn't a 20% restocking fee and I was only charged the 3% plus fees that you get charged by your CC company. I paid 3,604 for the preorder and recieved only 2,883 back? 20% for a cancellation fee is very steep compared to the 3% plus fees that you had to pay for the refund. I lost out 720.80 from the refund. Just because I cancelled my order within 10 days I get nailed with a 20% cancellation fee which I might add is not even on your websites(thescionstore, or zeropointindustries) as of July 29th 2005 1620 MDT,in any form of writing or picture. Not a single person told my wife or me when I talked to you that there was going to be a 20% cancellation/restocking or whatever fee because had I known that I would have surely kept the kit and waited for you to pay me back 100 bucks a week as you had promised your customers for each week you were delayed on the shipment of turbo kits.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

so how are those pipes coming along??? oh and as today is the 29...i was wondering what is our refund at so far?? 300 or 400? like when the 5th came and went was that the first 100? i was just counting everyday tuesday that we have went through and this like 400 bucks?? am i confused or correct?........i know this sounds confusing so a simple answer will do and an update on those pipes would be nice

thanks zpi
Old 07-29-2005, 10:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lyracon and zpi you guys may be better off directly communicating instead of using the forums.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As of the 26th the first batch customers will recieve a 300 dollar discount.

We always welcome and encourage our customers to contact us directly with any questions that you may have regarding this or any matter.

We are still waiting on the pipe they were shipped out ot us yesterday. So we are hoping for mid next week. We recieved the MAF flanges last Friday. We will need a day to get these welded up and then they are gone.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so they should be leaving your shop by next friday?
Old 08-01-2005, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Let's keep our fingers crossed. I hope they get the right pipes or their welding equipment do not break.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

im not getting my hopes up....nothing against zpi but if there was no such thing as bad luck, id have no luck at all.....i really need my soon or will be forced to cancel because i go bakc to school on the 17th of august and need it installed by then....not shipped...please!!!
Old 08-02-2005, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by wowguytc
im not getting my hopes up....nothing against zpi but if there was no such thing as bad luck, id have no luck at all.....i really need my soon or will be forced to cancel because i go bakc to school on the 17th of august and need it installed by then....not shipped...please!!!
I think if you cancelled then you lose not them. They will charge you a resocking fee for something that is not even in stock
Old 08-02-2005, 02:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes we are not making any official dates as we do not want to put our foot in our mouth.

but things are looking good.

Thanks

-ZPI
Old 08-02-2005, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A lady from ZPI called me today to gather my Shirt Size information for the pre-order turbo care packages.

Oh oh oh oh... the excitement! ::edit:: of the Turbo arriving soon.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Marshall
A lady from ZPI called me today to gather my Shirt Size information for the pre-order turbo care packages.

Oh oh oh oh... the excitement!

It would be really cool to get the shirt WITH the turbo.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL

you guys are excited about a shirt
Old 08-03-2005, 02:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matty-tC
LOL

Nope
Old 08-03-2005, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matty-tC
LOL

I believe a shirt WITH the turbo was stated by me.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ZPIracing
yes we are not making any official dates as we do not want to put our foot in our mouth.

but things are looking good.

Thanks

-ZPI
A little late on that one chief, you're already a month behind. At this rate you won't be making much money on your kits since you owe your customers thousands of dollars in refunds for STILL not shipping past the deadline. I'm not totally sure on the final number of first batch pre-orders, but you do the math. Which means to try and turn profit their quality will probably suffer. Oh wait it appears to be crap to begin with.

Quick Reply: Official ZPI discussion thread