Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Official ZPI discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 04:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Regulator
Originally Posted by ZPIracing
yes we are not making any official dates as we do not want to put our foot in our mouth.

but things are looking good.

Thanks

-ZPI
A little late on that one chief, you're already a month behind. At this rate you won't be making much money on your kits since you owe your customers thousands of dollars in refunds for STILL not shipping past the deadline. I'm not totally sure on the final number of first batch pre-orders, but you do the math. Which means to try and turn profit their quality will probably suffer. Oh wait it appears to be crap to begin with.
Hey Matty....I believe this one is for you
Old 08-03-2005, 05:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^I don't think so ScionDad. From how I read his posts lately, my take is he might be turning into the other side of the force.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I believe the first batch consisted of 5-7 kits. After the discounts ZPI is basically selling these at what it cost to make them at this time.
When your trying establishing your company as a reputable entity after what the owner has been through, it's a smart strategy. Once the kits show their reliablity, and ZPI upholds their promise after their setbacks. These kits will be flying off the shelves faster than you can say, "I'm coocoo for cocoa puffs".
Old 08-03-2005, 10:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any word if the pipes showed up today
Old 08-04-2005, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes we are not making any official dates as we do not want to put our foot in our mouth.

Thanks

-ZPI
A little late on that one chief, you're already a month behind. At this rate you won't be making much money on your kits since you owe your customers thousands of dollars in refunds for STILL not shipping past the deadline. I'm not totally sure on the final number of first batch pre-orders, but you do the math. Which means to try and turn profit their quality will probably suffer. Oh wait it appears to be crap to begin with.
LOL

you again!

thanks for defending us "young impressionable" scion owners but seriously.. GET THE F OUT! I almost want to buy 10 ZPI kits just to make sure they make money and ____ you off. You're such an idiot.

First, they're following the rules of the deal they setup for all of their customers with the preorder. They've stated even if they lose money they're going to get the kits to people. They're doing this to build their reputation with the product's quality.

Second, I have only seen 1 person ask for a refund so I'm not sure what you're talking about for them owning thousands of dollars in refunds.

Third, you're right, you don't have any idea on the number of pre-orders, or much else for that matter. Your mouth is too open for your ears to hear.

Fourth, how the hell can you make a comment about their quality when you JUST STATED THEY DIDN'T SHIP ANYTHING YET!?

You should just go DIAF.

Freakin idiot!!! -napoleon
Old 08-04-2005, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matty-tC

Thanks

-ZPI
LOL

you again!

thanks for defending us "young impressionable" scion owners but seriously.. GET THE F OUT! I almost want to buy 10 ZPI kits just to make sure they make money and ____ you off. You're such an idiot.

First, they're following the rules of the deal they setup for all of their customers with the preorder. They've stated even if they lose money they're going to get the kits to people. They're doing this to build their reputation with the product's quality.

Second, I have only seen 1 person ask for a refund so I'm not sure what you're talking about for them owning thousands of dollars in refunds.

Third, you're right, you don't have any idea on the number of pre-orders, or much else for that matter. Your mouth is too open for your ears to hear.

Fourth, how the hell can you make a comment about their quality when you JUST STATED THEY DIDN'T SHIP ANYTHING YET!?

You should just go DIAF.

Freakin idiot!!! -napoleon

Will you quit sugar coating everything and just tell it like it is. All this beating around the bush and worrying about hurting someones feelings is really getting old.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL

Hey man I can admit when I'm wrong and will be the first to apologize when logic and reason are against me, but this fool just doesn't get it!
Old 08-04-2005, 12:56 PM
Banned

So they haven't sent out any S-pipes that just don't fit whatsoever? Ok you're right, everyone who had those are just making it up. Quality is top notch.

They owe thousands in that they said they would pay $100 to each customer for every week past the deadline, correct? 5-7 pre-order kits x $500 = $2500-$3000 in "rebates" or "refunds" or whatever else you want to call it.

If they are supposed to be building a good reputation, wouldn't it be a good idea to keep good on deadlines? I guess waving money back in the faces of people waiting, and waiting....and waiting, makes it all better.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The tales on the local boards is that ZPI has near 50 turbo kit orders, and 20-25 of them are in the first "batch."
Old 08-04-2005, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So they haven't sent out any S-pipes that just don't fit whatsoever? Ok you're right, everyone who had those are just making it up. Quality is top notch.

They owe thousands in that they said they would pay $100 to each customer for every week past the deadline, correct? 5-7 pre-order kits x $500 = $2500-$3000 in "rebates" or "refunds" or whatever else you want to call it.

If they are supposed to be building a good reputation, wouldn't it be a good idea to keep good on deadlines? I guess waving money back in the faces of people waiting, and waiting....and waiting, makes it all better.
how many didn't fit? the blame is on the alphawerks header being installed without the brackets (or so claimed). how many have fit? do you know that? do you know who does their bending?

i believe they quoted $300 per kit but who knows. either way thats just a few hundred bucks per person not thousands upon thousands. and 7 x $500 isn't $3000 it's $3500

They're following the rules of the preorders. like i've said a million times. people should know they're ordering things that don't exist yet and delays do happen.

and since they agreed to waiting and having money waived in their face, it either does make it better or should because thats what they agreed to.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by turbo2liter
The tales on the local boards is that ZPI has near 50 turbo kit orders, and 20-25 of them are in the first "batch."
all of those are setup under the same preorder deal? and who said the "tales"?
Old 08-04-2005, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If the Alphawerks bolts up to a stock S pipe, and the ZPI S pipe bolts up to a stock header, then there should be no issue with an Alphawerks header and ZPI S pipe.

As of Tuesday, it was 4 weeks @ 100/wk. The 9th will be week 5 past the 5th deadline?

I agree, pre-order's carry an uncertainty with them. This is understood when ordering, or should be atleast.

Also, Buschur does their bending I would assume. I know a local guy has done 4 of their kits, but just welded bends togather to make piping instead bending one straight pipe.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ZPI did, read the local boards.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If the Alphawerks bolts up to a stock S pipe, and the ZPI S pipe bolts up to a stock header, then there should be no issue with an Alphawerks header and ZPI S pipe.

As of Tuesday, it was 4 weeks @ 100/wk. The 9th will be week 5 past the 5th deadline?

I agree, pre-order's carry an uncertainty with them. This is understood when ordering, or should be atleast.

Also, Buschur does their bending I would assume. I know a local guy has done 4 of their kits, but just welded bends togather to make piping instead bending one straight pipe.

i can tell you first hand the alphawerks header does NOT come to the stock location for the s-pipe to bolt up to it. it's not TOO far off but it is off. if somone doesn't use the brackets on the bottom of the header, it wouldnt surprise me they couldn't get an aftermarket s-pipe on there.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ZPI did, read the local boards.

no idea where the local boards are. can you copy paste some quotes?
Old 08-04-2005, 10:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So a few s-pipes accidentally went out without the bracket kit. Big wooop...
ZPI quickly express shipped those out to the customers after realizing what happened. It's not like the first time any company made a mistake. They are only human, but they did the responsible thing and took care of those customers.

Anyway, got my care package from ZPI today. Thanks for the kewl T-shirt, dyno graph, letter, decal, and custom TC-t plaque with my name on it. If I get the radiator cooling plate, I might stick it there. :D
Old 08-04-2005, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yup received my care package today too. Thanks ZPI!
Old 08-04-2005, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pics!
Old 08-05-2005, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What are you guys that did the first pre-order going to end up paying for your turbo kits.

What are you up to now? Like $800 off or something...If I was you. I would ask for the kit to be sent...And have the one part that is still on backorder. To be sent when it comes in...At least you would have what 95% of the kit.

And what I read on another thread...they can put a temp some type of pipe to make it work...

just an idea...
Old 08-05-2005, 01:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Chris6877
What are you guys that did the first pre-order going to end up paying for your turbo kits.

What are you up to now? Like $800 off or something...If I was you. I would ask for the kit to be sent...And have the one part that is still on backorder. To be sent when it comes in...At least you would have what 95% of the kit.

And what I read on another thread...they can put a temp some type of pipe to make it work...

just an idea...
I'm sorry but 95% of anything is not acceptable and I'm sure ZPI will only ship out a complete, reliable, and quality kit. Plus the turbo inlet pipe with maf flange is vital to the kit so the kit would be useless without it. I have a very good feeling the kits will be shipped out very soon.

Quick Reply: Official ZPI discussion thread