Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Official ZPI discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 01:32 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matty-tC
pics!
Hey matt hit me up on aim and I'll send you pics
Old 08-05-2005, 03:13 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

sweet i should be getting my car package soon i hope. i had to have been one of the first to order (mid april). glad to see things are finally moving along a little bit. zpi told me that the pipes are on their way to their shop and as soon as they get the pipes, they are out the door.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^They should have them already or by tomorrow if they were expecting it Wednesday.

ZPIRacing posted last Friday-July 29:
We are still waiting on the pipe they were shipped out ot us yesterday. So we are hoping for mid next week.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So, What's the story? They certainly should have received the pipes by today (Friday, Aug 5th) if they were shipped to them Friday July 29th....Can ZPI give the community an update?
Old 08-06-2005, 04:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by wowguytc
sweet i should be getting my car package soon i hope. i had to have been one of the first to order (mid april). glad to see things are finally moving along a little bit. zpi told me that the pipes are on their way to their shop and as soon as they get the pipes, they are out the door.
WOW, you have to be the most patient man on the planet, especially if they had your money all this time...

Since you placed your order n mid-april, does your rebate start back then or just up until their last "expected" release date, because if it was since April your kit would almost be free by now
Old 08-06-2005, 05:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got my care package today. It had a Red T-shirt, a badge and a couple papers. Now I really want my turbo kit .
Old 08-06-2005, 07:22 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sciondad wrote:
They certainly should have received the pipes by today (Friday, Aug 5th) if they were shipped to them Friday July 29th
Actually, it was shipped Thursday -July 28 since they posted Friday and their post said "shipped YESTERDAY". Unless those pipes are coming from another country like Canada where it might take 2 weeks because of customs, a week is the most it should take within USA even with USPS.

I hope the package didn't get hijacked.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Buschur is in Ohio, within the 2 day B2B UPS range.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionDad
So, What's the story? They certainly should have received the pipes by today (Friday, Aug 5th) if they were shipped to them Friday July 29th....Can ZPI give the community an update?
^^^
Old 08-07-2005, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

food for thought, if you are all dying to get information... with all of the money invested...... just make a phone call? I know if ii were one of those people on their 'waiting' list, they would very well have my name and number in recent memory. I would call everyday.
From what i gather, i trust ZPI and their product quality. People took the risk by preordering and ZPI didnt have to offer them a weekly rebate. They are doing what they feel, and the community agrees, is fair for delaying the release and shipping date. So many haters in our world today. Let them make their kit and smoke all your civics mmmmmmmmmmmk. And yea, your advice has been dually noted, now gtf off the board
Old 08-07-2005, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheKnown
food for thought, if you are all dying to get information... with all of the money invested...... just make a phone call? I know if ii were one of those people on their 'waiting' list, they would very well have my name and number in recent memory. I would call everyday.
From what i gather, i trust ZPI and their product quality. People took the risk by preordering and ZPI didnt have to offer them a weekly rebate. They are doing what they feel, and the community agrees, is fair for delaying the release and shipping date. So many haters in our world today. Let them make their kit and smoke all your civics mmmmmmmmmmmk. And yea, your advice has been dually noted, now gtf off the board
Trust me I have had my fair share of phone calls and I'm sure they know me by name now and are tired of it..haha. I am posting on this thread rather than calling them because they are closed on the weekends and this is the only way I may contact them. I am sure they frequent the boards and are aware of this thread. It's all good though because they should be open tomorrow and I'm sure they'll give us an update.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PoizentC
Originally Posted by TheKnown
Trust me I have had my fair share of phone calls and I'm sure they know me by name now and are tired of it..haha. I am posting on this thread rather than calling them because they are closed on the weekends and this is the only way I may contact them. I am sure they frequent the boards and are aware of this thread. It's all good though because they should be open tomorrow and I'm sure they'll give us an update.

^^^Yup
Old 08-08-2005, 02:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hypothetically speaking, I'm wondering if they have already received the pipes. But they are welding the plates for the MAF sensors and finishing polishing them before an anouncement is made?

Ahhhh.. I have no more fingernails left
Old 08-08-2005, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good news, ZPI has an update on their Forum:
http://www.thescionstore.com/forum/s...hp?p=33#post33
Old 08-08-2005, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Marshall

Looks like they will be shipping THIS week
Old 08-08-2005, 05:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionDad
Originally Posted by Marshall

Looks like they will be shipping THIS week
I won't be the one holding my breath that's for sure
Old 08-08-2005, 05:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks like they won't be shipped out until friday at the earliest:

"Yes the pipes come is raw we forgot about that. We are hoping to get all the flanges welded by the end of the day tomorrow. And then get them to the polisher and coater on Wensday get them back on thursday ship on friday.

Thanks

-ZPI"

...I hope no more complications arise :?
Old 08-08-2005, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by PoizentC
Looks like they won't be shipped out until friday at the earliest:

"Yes the pipes come is raw we forgot about that. We are hoping to get all the flanges welded by the end of the day tomorrow. And then get them to the polisher and coater on Wensday get them back on thursday ship on friday. -ZPI"
Pretty interesting approach, polish and coating the MAF Turbo inlet pipe? All the stuff I've had coated, you would never know if it was polished or not underneath. Or do they mean send the whole kits, and if that is the case - why wasn't it done before? 1 day turnaround for all the pipes or kits, is pretty awesome as well
Old 08-08-2005, 10:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As long as I get my kit before the end of August I'm just fine with it. I told myself from the beginning, my patiance could hold for 3 months. It's only been two months for me... Sure I would love to have it right now, what pre-order customer wouldn't? I knew when commiting to a pre-order, setbacks can come with any new product. For all the money I am saving and performance I will be gaining, it will all be worth it. Patience is truly a virtue...

I finalized my order details today, this is what I am getting:
• ZPI Stage 0 Turbo (230+ whp)
• ZPI S-Pipe (T-304 Stainless Steel )
• Precision Turbo intercooler with cast end tanks (FMIC)
• Stainless Intercooler piping
• 6 psi
• EVO III Big 16g
• Tial Wastegate (silver)
• Tial BOV (silver)
• O2 Sensor
• Stainless charge piping
• 4 ply couplers
• Stainless Manifold (I was going to have Polished, now I'm thinking about having it Ceramic coated inside and out; 2000 degrees)
• Pre tapped Oil pan (Comes with new oil pan making it a true bolt on kit)
• Satin Chrome piping

Future mods:
ZPI Stage 1 Turbo Kit upgrade
ZPI Stage 1 Head (21whp - 28ftlbs)
Old 08-10-2005, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why Stainless intercooler piping? Satin chrome piping? Stainless charge piping?

Quick Reply: Official ZPI discussion thread