Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Official ZPI discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 06:51 PM
Banned

Feelings hurt much?
Old 08-27-2005, 12:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nope, No hurt feelings at all. ZPI Rocks

Originally Posted by Marshall
I got a few photos from ZPI that I thought I would share with you. I hope they wont mind me posting.

Some of 16g Turbos that are going out next.

Unpolished pipes (if I recall correctly, these are the same pipes going to ScionDad since he wants to have his custom coated)

One of the polished pipes compaired to the raw stainless steal.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i heard that charles went to the dyno and put down some sick numbers, aka over 400wlbs of torque.

also heard the mr. kenny threw on a bigger turbo and started to go for serious power.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by seen4ever
i heard that charles went to the dyno and put down some sick numbers, aka over 400wlbs of torque.

also heard the mr. kenny threw on a bigger turbo and started to go for serious power.
He said he would have kept the mitsu turbo on there if he had one laying around that didn't have to go to a customer.

He did mention the alcohol injection kit....that's bad ace
Old 08-30-2005, 12:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

those are some cute little turbos....
Old 08-30-2005, 12:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by turbocivic
Yeah and they all have internal wastegates too
Old 08-30-2005, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Munch
Originally Posted by turbocivic
Yeah and they all have internal wastegates too
I believe that's the only way they are sold, so they remove the internal wastegate and weld up the flapper hole, so it builds boost. So its on the list of things to do would be my guess. Kind of surprised they went through all the trouble to go external when the turbos come with internal and will easily regulate boost.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok.. Well apparently I'm one of those "happy customers."
I started learning about ZPI on these forums. I got away from the forums b/c it's basically just people bored at work/ school just trying to knock somebody else down. I've made a few calls to ZPI. It seemed like when I was active on the forums, my questions were all answered pretty quickly. Now, simply doing "professional business" over the phone, email, and even AIM; I'm either thrown on hold for more than 10 minutes or simply not responded to.
I understand that the design has changed many times.
If your design keeps changing, don't set unrealistic goals!
How simple is that?
Just don't tell people their already paid and purchased product will arrive next Tuesday when you know for a fact that won't happen. People don't mind the wait if you don't blatently lie to their face.
Do we really have to take the time to fly out to the ZPI shop to become "buddy buddy" with you in order to receive updates?
Old 08-30-2005, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CervezA
ok.. Well apparently I'm one of those "happy customers."
I started learning about ZPI on these forums. I got away from the forums b/c it's basically just people bored at work/ school just trying to knock somebody else down. I've made a few calls to ZPI. It seemed like when I was active on the forums, my questions were all answered pretty quickly. Now, simply doing "professional business" over the phone, email, and even AIM; I'm either thrown on hold for more than 10 minutes or simply not responded to.
I understand that the design has changed many times.
If your design keeps changing, don't set unrealistic goals!
How simple is that?
Just don't tell people their already paid and purchased product will arrive next Tuesday when you know for a fact that won't happen. People don't mind the wait if you don't blatently lie to their face.
Do we really have to take the time to fly out to the ZPI shop to become "buddy buddy" with you in order to receive updates?

i couldn't have said it better myself. the forums just don't work no more and i've called several times and im sure they know me by memory. the longest i was dumb enough to hold was about 20 minutes. ridiculous. i was also promised calls back that i have not recieved about 15 time. actually i have NEVER ONCE RECIEVED A CALL FROM THEM! i have had to call numerous times and still nothing. im an april order and still no sign of anything. as of right now i could not recommend this company to anybody anymore. they have been friendly on the phone but that is about it. sorry zpi but here comes september and nothing.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry to hear. Your experience eminds me of a company called SRT I dealt with w/ the IS300. F them

Until another kit comes out, I'm sticking it out w/ ZPI
Old 08-31-2005, 03:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nothing wrong with internal gates, except they are typically a +$100 option from the manufacturer. If every kit has opted for an external, it's definitly not something they just ordered to take off and weld-up.

Today is the end of the 8th week of delays. All pre-orders, that's $800 back. Cheers!
Old 08-31-2005, 05:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i doubt they are gonna say its 8 weeks. they are gonna have all kind of BS saying that one kit shipped so the refund is over.....i can already hear it........i bet its like $500 or something. i also heard that all stage 0 kits will be gone by sept. 1 for sure......thats right around the corner.....still no tracking number for an april order.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:00 AM
5 Year Member

I, myself have even called ZPi a few times wondering the status of the kits. I have an SRT-4 and will soon be purchasing a tC as a daily driver, but i love boost. I have dealt with plenty of companies, but I have never come across something as disorganized and untruthful as this. I mean its one thing to mistake a date, but to repeatedly make promises to your "happy customers" is just down right ridiculous. I know they are swamped,but why lie?. Just let us know you are swamped and wont get the kits out till ___ . Its only right? well im done. No flaming was intended but I have been holding it back for a while .
Old 08-31-2005, 07:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, I don't mean to bash them so hard. It's not as if they're TRD.. yet.

I completely understand the whole marketing/ hype thing that's so popular with all these new cars. For the most part, certain shops work together to create the final kit. All shops are in business to make money off their products. They do good work (most of the time) so it's well worth the wait.
It's a pain having to rely on other companies for fitment, pipe bending, etc but it's the only realistic option. To own one shop and have every possible manufacturer/ customizer on staff just isn't realistic. Shops fix and upgrade cars, they don't necessariliy manufacture the parts.

All I'm complaining about is the customer service. I can wait for the finished product. When I am actually able to get through to someone over there, they tell me it'll be shipping out "within the next week" or "early next week."
I really see no purpose in lying anymore. We're all aware of the fact that ZPI has lost multiple ScionLife customers. My question is, why did you believe that the scionlife forums were their primary marketing tool? That was just to create the hype which they did a pretty good job of. Your next question should be, what was their "true, intended release date" from the start. ;)

Just a few thoughts to ponder.

-TonyD

ps
Kenny: Did you receive your information packet from the BBB yet?
Old 09-03-2005, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had some extra time this weekend and decided to stop over ZPI. They are definitely awesome people. They've been nothing but helpful.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

got a tracking number guys, should be putting up pics soon and a vid guys. glad to see things moving finally
Old 09-04-2005, 02:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by wowguytc
got a tracking number guys, should be putting up pics soon and a vid guys. glad to see things moving finally
Same here....
Old 09-27-2005, 01:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

What's the status with most of your orders? I know I was an April order and haven't received anything yet besides a few T-Shirts and a badge that spells my last name wrong.

Anyone?

-c
Old 09-27-2005, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What's the status with most of your orders? I know I was an April order and haven't received anything yet besides a few T-Shirts and a badge that spells my last name wrong.

Anyone?

-c
You seriously havent gotten your turbo yet?
Old 11-06-2005, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dslrdave

Anyone?

-c
You seriously havent gotten your turbo yet?
nope, still haven't gotten my kit.. guess they really don't want to send my turbo along w/the check they owe me. I was an April order...

Quick Reply: Official ZPI discussion thread