Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

onetimedigital.com is nothing but a scam! DO NOT ORDER FROM!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default onetimedigital.com is nothing but a scam! DO NOT ORDER FROM!

ok first off I would just like to point out that this is obviously not a car part stores..its a digital camera/camcorder site so if for whatever reason this doesn't belong here I'm sorry but I feel I have to inform..

anyway..

My uncle is asking for a new digital camera for Christmas from my grandmother (his mother obviously) and he gives us several links to websites that have great camera deals that are just to good to be true.

So out of the 3 cameras my uncle links us to we decide to get him the Canon SD1100 IS which was going on the website for $124.99. We place the order and after shipping the final price is $134.98 on 12/20/08

It is now 12/23/08 and my grandmother gets concerned when I tell her I haven't received any emails from them concerning shipping or any other matter. She calls the company to ask them about the order and the conversation ensues..

Salesguy: "would you like to buy a 2 hour or 5 hour battery?"

Grandma: "it doesn't come with a battery?"

Salesguy: "no mam"

my grandmother, already irritated: "fine i'll take the 5 hour battery"

salesguy: "would you like a charger mam?"

Grandma: "what it doesn't come with a charger either? This is bull. Just cancel my order"

sales guy: "well why is that mam? I'll throw in the charger for free. thats a 90$ value!"

Grandma: "your just making me feel really uncomfortable I just want to cancel:

sales guy: "but i'm throwing the charger in for free!"

my grandmother finally snaps and says "Just cancel the order"

sales guy is quiet for awhile and says (rather irritated) "ok i'll send you an email confirming the cancellation"

So we get an email showing the order has been cancelled and it says the following:

Customer Name: Betty Reina
Order#: 23457-W
Thank you for placing an order with our company. However the product that you ordered is currently unavailable. We will go ahead and cancel your order. This email will serve as proof of cancellation.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you
Customer Service
OnTimeDigital.com

Item is currently unavailable? wtf? WE canceled because of this BS scam they tried to pull on us.

I did a little search (took 5 min) and found this site http://thoughts-of-dave.blogspot.com...a-on-time.html

Apparently they go by other names as well.

Anyway - ended up going to newegg.com and ordering the camera with a final price of $175.78 and it comes with THE BATTERY AND THE CHARGER!! WOW!!! Why I didn't just order from newegg in the first place i have no idea..

Please inform anyone you know thinking of using this site or any of there "other" sites to stay away!