Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Problems with CarSponsorships.com

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Problems with CarSponsorships.com

On June 3rd I submitted an application to CarSponsorships.com. Not even two hours later, I emailed the billing department telling them to cancel my application. I waited a day, figuring that they went ahead and canceled it without needing to contact me further. However, on the 6th I received an email saying my application was approved. As soon as I received this email I contacted the billing department again asking them why my application was processed. I did not receive any response. I saw in my bank account that the funds were not being held anymore, so I once again figured they took care of it.

It was not until the 10th that I realized the funds were in fact not being held because they were taken out of my account, causing it to go into the negative. This also caused me to receive two insufficient funds fees of $27 each. So I email billing again, once again asking them why my application was processed and my card charged. I never got a response, so on Monday I called them to try and figure this out. I talked to this girl who said I am sorry but we cannot do anything over the phone you must email billing. She then stated that she was the person who answers the billing emails. Now I am thinking to myself, if she is the one who answers them, why can't she give me a response right now. Once again I email them, sending them a copy of the original email that I sent two days before I got the application approved email. No response again.

Tuesday I call them again asking to talk to someone higher up. I finally get a hold of a manager who gives me her personal phone number so that I may contact her. She says to go ahead and email billing from different email addresses because mine might be blocked for some reason. First of all I am very experienced with the computer and know that this is all a bunch of crap. I have never had any problems with any email that I have sent to someone else. If they were not receiving them, why would I not get an error message back from them. I go ahead and send another copy of my original email along with the date and time it was sent from five different email addresses.

I contacted them again today wondering why I still have not received a response. I had to leave a message, and was called back a half of an hour later. I was told that they received all of my emails and that they responded to all of them. She offered to send them again from a different email address. I get home to find two emails in my inbox from billing@carsponsors.com. These two emails are from the same server as the other email, billing@carsponsorships.com. If one of them was blocked, the other one would have been also.

Anyways, I read them to find that they are refusing to refund my money because I logged into the account that was created after I sent the email saying to cancel my application. Then in the other one it stated that once your application is submitted, our services are rendered and automatically approved. This is also a bunch of crap. It says directly in their Terms of Service:
When you click on submit, we AUTHORIZE_ONLY your card and DO NOT PLACE A CHARGE at the time of submission. Some credit card companies may show a hold for $89. Once reviewed (A successful review is based on one or more of the following conditions being met: 1. Payment of the $89 application fee. 2. Physical review of your application by a CS Sponsorship Advisor. 3. Review by sponsoring company.) and the Sponsorship is secured in your name, will we automatically process your credit card for $89 and send you an email with your sponsorship information, including your sponsors name, product information and any other information you will need to start your sponsorship. Regardless of your car or condition, advertised sponsorships are yours once application payment is made and 72 hours have elapsed.
This means that even though my application was submitted, they still have to physically review my application, and that the sponsorships are not mine for 72 hours. All they had to do was have the person reviewing my application deny it.

I am tired of jumping through hoops, so I contacted my bank and the BBB. I will get my money back one way or the other.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

thats crazy, good luck.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

yeah thats crazy... i went with them for a little while and never had any problems... good luck
Old 06-14-2007, 09:28 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

yea... you learn the hard way sometimes..

always research prior to doing something.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=179053
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=164486
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=101371
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=111182
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=73255
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=68490
Old 06-16-2007, 12:39 AM
fox
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so is www.sponsoredwhips.com!!!
Old 06-16-2007, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hhhahaha sponsorwhips is using pics of the brs350 z and they have nothing to do with brs lol
Old 06-21-2007, 12:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i had the same problem with these idiots about 2 years ago and i paid the money because they said you woudl get stuff and discount on parts and when it was approved the parts were more expensive then anyother place i looked, what a joke, i should have know that it was a rip off!! if i ever meet one of those people im gonna kick them right in the *****, they deserve it, and much more
Old 06-22-2007, 10:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:18 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Deffinetly a rip off.

Something to remember, sponsorships are never free. If your account went into negative for $89 then you probably cant afford the parts that will come with a sponsorship. Sponsorhips of any sort require something in return,IE purchasing parts, dynos, marketing, shows which cost to enter.
Nothing is ever free.