Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Star Scion/Toyota of Bayside NY

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 12:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Star Scion/Toyota of Bayside NY

I bought my tC from these folks. David Hsu, was very laid back and easy to deal with.

They had one tC in stock so I lucked out. I test drove it, put down 100 dollars as a deposit. They installed the ipod radio and on thursday I picked it up. I went in around 5:30 and was out by 6:30.

Good points: I WAS NOT SOLD A SINGLE EXTRA THING!!! In fact there was no finance person that locked me in a room and tried to sell me the kitchen sink (vin etch, extended warranty, NOTHING!). It was a very pleasant experience.

The only fee was a 45 dollar processing fee.

They fairly evaluated my trade and were onpar with other dealerships.

I got a phone call from David three days later to ask me how everything was.

I got another call from another person at the dealer to ask me how everything was (two weeks later).

Bad points: I was not given a very thorough runthrough of the car a pickup time. I really didn't care and was happy to just get the car and go. However if you like that kind of thing, where they show you how every single light switch etc. works then you might be a little disappointed. My runthrough of the car consisted of, how to use the IPOD radio, how to reset the air pressure sensor and what pressure to keep the tires at, and then I was on my way.

Overall this was a very positive buying experience. I would recommend this dealership to anyone who is in the NY metro area.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Star Scion/Toyota of Bayside NY

Originally Posted by iceblink1975

Overall this was a very positive buying experience. I would recommend this dealership to anyone who is in the NY metro area.
I bought from David in March, and also thought it was a very positive experience. Absolutely no attempt to "push" to sell any extra stuff. Asked what I wanted, I told him, and that was that. Everything was delivered as promised, and smoothly, though I also was basically just told what to keep the tire pressure at and that was it. But I didn't mind.

My first service at Star wasn't so great though. I had a 7:15am appt for an oil change/tire rotation. I arrived 10 minutes early, was processed though, but didn't get the work done until 9:45am. To me, 2.5 hours to do that work was absolutely unacceptable.
Old 07-31-2005, 02:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Have you tried other dealers for service? Let me know if you find any place that is better.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I also bought the car from David. He's a great lay back guy. I don't think I like their service department though.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bought mine from David Hsu also. He's a great guy, definitely not the pushy salesman type. Also great guy to talk to; we bs'ed for like 2 hours, not even talking about the car I was buying. Can't say anything about the service cause it's a little far for me to go there for a free oil change. But, the buying experience was excellent, and I have gone through the headaches of purchasing quite a few cars in the past.