Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

STAY AWAY FROM AA AUTOWORKS IN VAN NUYS,CA!*PICSONPAGE6*

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default STAY AWAY FROM AA AUTOWORKS IN VAN NUYS,CA!*PICSONPAGE6*

I'm copying & pasting what I had posted in tCtCtC's thread (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...41249&start=20) so it can have it's own thread & I stop threadjacking. Sorry, kid, haha.

This was in a response to Frank, so when I say "you" I'm referring to A&A Autoworks/Frank Klepadlo.

The following is a list of things they messed up on my tC.

1. You effed my paint, hard! First off, it's not the color I wanted it. That's Allan's fault since he claimed he had memorized the way he had mixed the paint when I showed him what I wanted (I flat out told you guys 84 times, I wanted it the color of the BRS Supra), is that what I got? No, I got Pepto Bismol. Secondly, My paint will never dry. You had to paint it FOUR times to get it to where it's at now. Your workers flat out told me your painter forgot to put hardener in it. The first repaint also needed to be done because you didn't primer the top half of my car well enough to cover the 2-tone. You also failed to mix the red pearl into the paint so if you look closely, there's speckles of red ALL over the car. Now, if I ever even get a tiny crack in my clear coat, pink paint oozes out. I was detailing my car at HIN & my hand was pink from the paint in my door jam.

2. You dropped my $900 Kaminari hood, chipped it & I KNOW it was you guys cuz I was at your shop when the clear coat was still wet & there were gouges in it all the way down to the carbon. I sure as hell know I didn't do that, & Karl owned up to it, too, yet you still to this day try & claim that I did it. You're an idiot if you think that even for a second you can try & coax me into thinking I brought it like that. Plus, it wouldn't gouge if the paint was dry, it was all crinkled from the rubberyness of the clear. Then you guys tried to re-resin it & it was bright friggin yellow & looked like bird sh*t. Also, when you painted the edges & cowl pink, it looks like a 5 yr old had masked it off for you guys, it was NOT straight. Thankfully my hood has now gone to a reputable shop where I redid the borders black & was able to cover YOUR shops faults.

3. You guys scratched & got resin all over my $150 MoMo shift ****.

4. You guys got resin fingerprints ALL over my tail lights.

5. You didn't wire up my headlights correctly.

6. The body work is COMPLETELY uneven.

7. When you did the flat black accent pieces around my tail lights, you guys didn't let the paint dry & you SHOVED the tails in which caused the black paint to crinkle.

8. You guys got bondo all over my painted 5Zigen wheels & caused all the paint to chip off.

9. You got bondo & fiberglass footprints all over my $150 floormats.

10. You CUT my system out, LITERALLY SNIPPED all my wires to my sound system, I had to drive all the way to SEMA with no radio. & don't act stupid and say YOU TOLD ME TO DO IT because I worded it as "rip the system out of the car when you guys start working on it", nobody in there right mind would cut a system out of a car, & fail to put it back together. My whole car had to be rewired.

11. You failed to paint the backs of my door handles AND you messed up the passenger side door handle cuz you have to pull really hard to open the door.

12. You used the wrong size bolts to put my crash beam back on (I realized this yesterday).

13. You had a crappy shop do my intercooler setup which lead to SO MANY PROBLEMS that I refuse to mention here, but lets just say you guys are idiots for working with them.

14. You gave me my car back at 9pm the day before roll-in to SEMA and didn't even vacuum it out.

15. You guys didn't even sand the body panels down correctly after molding, there's bumps everywhere & super uneven spots in my fenders.

16. You guys lost a bunch of my interior clips, & then you tell me to come down to the shop to pick them up & then you (LOL @ YOU FOR CALLING YOURSELF A SHOP MANAGER) didn't even have the keys the bays, & then you lie & tell me you don't have the owners cell phone number to get them. When Karl does finally come (3 hours later), you still can't find the clips & me & you fight & you proceed to call me a b*tch & threaten to hit me. Then you have to resort to taking clips & pieces out of ANOTHER tC in the shop to give to me.

17. You used numerous amounts of random bolts that were not OEM, nor torqued down correctly..

18. Yesterday I found 2 random rags that were stuffed under each side of my radiator. WTF?!?!!? You guys were the last shop to even be near my radiator/front bumper/general area.

19. The turn signals that were put in my headlights were not OEM.

20. There are HUUUUUUUUUUUGE bubbles in my door jams, right behind my side view mirrors.

21.The paint in my door jams are also CRACKING.

22. Half of my radiator is pink now.

23. Also, when removing my aluminum door sills, you bent them up like CRAZY!

24. You guys somehow managed to blow out my hatch shocks/struts & I had to replace them cuz my hatch wouldn't stay open.

Also, I brought my hood to your shop for a reason I can't remember while you guys had my tC. I was going to take it home but my car was somewhat full & you said "oh just leave it here & come pick it up whenever you want". Well, I tried calling you numerous times soon after that to come and get it & you failed to return calls & texts. Just a few weeks ago, I hear that you're trying to sling parts to pocket some cash. I had friends go to your shop & heard you say you have a bunch of stock hoods you can sell. Well Frank, I want my damn stock hood back.

IF YOU'RE GOING TO CLAIM YOU'RE A GOOD SHOP, THEN I DEMAND YOU TO FIX MY CAR. But will you? Hell no, why? Because you wanna try & be the king of the scion scene out here in socal & you know I'll beat you at shows (even with all my stuff messed up, I still beat you) & you refuse to ever deal with anything professionally.

There's more.....I'll come back & edit my post when I remember. I'll also post pics tonight if anybody wants to see.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Worst shop ever.

I just looked up the BRS Supra...and LOL. You're color is nowhere near the same color.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i love how the internet can now help to stop shady places from continuously ripping ppl off. times are changing.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im sorry to hear what has happened to your tC, Tina. The color IS way off on what they did.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 11-15-2017 at 02:10 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

wow that shop seems like crapp sorry tina
Old 11-11-2008, 07:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Color requested:

Color A&A magically concocted:
Old 11-11-2008, 07:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, even the pic you posted is off....
I wanted this:

Which is the color of my roll cage that a GOOD shop was able to custom mix.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:58 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

damn thats off lol
Old 11-11-2008, 08:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

wow sucks
Old 11-11-2008, 09:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

I thought the tC was already pink?
Old 11-11-2008, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It has been for the past year.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn 2 threads already.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow. Thats horrible. I can do better work in my garage. (actually I have) Seriously these people must be in business to take money from naive people who don't know any better. White collar crime at its finest! I thought of all places California would have some laws set up to protect people from this kind of thing. . .
Old 11-11-2008, 11:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Pics Tina?
Old 11-11-2008, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hahaha you guys make me laugh AA Autoworks is one of the best shops in so-cal > AA Autoworks mixed tons of samples for you and you chose the one that is on your car. Hahaha and you guys think some forum will destroy some ones buisness hahaha AA Autoworks has been around for 13 years and have built some of the best show cars in La. They are number one and they aint going no where. Good luck with waisting your time on this web site.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When I saw her tC in person, Tina was pointing out a ton of stuff the shop screwed up with her car. Seeing the work, I'd have to agree with her.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Funny how the internet CAN ruin a business. & I can definitely ruin your business by calling the BBB & every insurance company & mention to them how you guys pull fraud against each and every one of them. I can't county how many times I'd go to A&A see a slightly modded car there & go back the next day to find it key'd. Gee, I wonder how that happened!

& you're an idiot for claiming I picked that color. Not my fault the owners have poor memory.

& we're not "waisting" our time, first of all, it's "wasting". Secondly, if ScionLife is such a "waist", or "waste" why do you always try and post sales on here?
Old 11-12-2008, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

be careful what you say or you will end up like this: http://my350z.com/forum/lounge-off-t...0z-ruined.html
Old 11-12-2008, 12:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

since my family owns a body shop, I am pretty sure that the internet will help you in bringing less business to the shop. Your an idiot if you say it wont.

But the color matching doesnt seem like a big deal to me... wats wrong with it being a different color and being unique?

Edit. My bad I read your whole story after posting this....Completely wrong on everything. You should definately take this shop to court. THe parts they ruined they should be replacing with new ones. All the things they messed up is totally unacceptable. The paint thing is funny, how they forgot about the hardener, they should respray your whole damn car. All OEM parts should be replaced with new ones.

this sucks i hate shops like this
Old 11-12-2008, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Frank.
I suggest not making comments like that considering your already in deep ____.

MY THREAD
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...r=asc&&start=0

Quick Reply: STAY AWAY FROM AA AUTOWORKS IN VAN NUYS,CA!*PICSONPAGE6*