Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Thanks to McGeorgeParts.com [problem resolved] for ripping

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 12:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Thanks to McGeorgeParts.com [problem resolved] for ripping

Ok so I decide to order a front lip for my tC from McGeorgeParts.com. After contacting them via email with my $50 off Scion card info they tell me that they don't accept the card because they're apparently in VA and VA dealers don't accept the $50 Scion card that we got for financing from Toyota...

I say "Ok" and cancel my order and order the whole kit, painted, from TRDSparks.com - which was very helpful and very quick with my shipment.

I go in today to use my $50 gift card toward a set of floor mats at my local dealer, and they tell me that my card was already used at McGeorgeParts.com and they print me off the sheet from their computers that tells me all the info - apparently I used the card at McGeorgeParts's dealership. It said that I used the card there in person earlier this month... didn't say what for, but it said I used it.

Since I've never been in VA at all, someone at McGeorgeParts must have ordered themselves something with my card, and I got dicked out of $50. Special thanks to whoever you were for ripping me off. I hope you rot in hell.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Dude that sucks! Contact Scion Corporate. . . and perhaps the Consumer Fraud Agency (or whatever they are called). You may have legal action against them, and if you are right, they may be liable for criminal damages (assuming it wasn't an accident, and assuming they still refuse to refund you $50).
Old 03-30-2005, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Well, first I'd call McGeorgeParts up, and tell them what happen. Have the conversation recorded, and tell them they are being recorded. If they are dicks, then call Scion Corporate. Then call the cops (local PD would do) and ask them where to go from there (they'd know who to contact and how).

I'd give them the benefit of the doubt, but it sounds like they ripped you off.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I know its only $50, but dont let them get away with it. Dont make it a crusade, but at least put your dukes up! I hate when people get ripped off!
Old 04-01-2005, 12:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default RE: TRDSPARKS (Ken)

I would be calling that company and making some serious noise, they should not have touched that $50.00 ....

I have been ordering parts from Ken at TRDSPARKS - Great service, very friendly !
Old 04-01-2005, 12:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Definitely do something about it. Its just $50, but its the principle of it. I ordered from them before using my gift card, and the transaction went really well. Im surprised. You must of just gotten a bad rep.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:02 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Call them first. Sometimes its a clerical mixup.

Give them a chance to make good first. Then if you get no satisfaction
call Scion customer service.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

It was probably an accident. Why wouldn't you just call them first instead of saying they "ripped you off"? I know it's easier to complain than to do something, but just call them and get it straightened out. If they refuse to reimburse you after you tell them what happened, then you can say they ripped you off.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is the first time I've heard of anything bad happening at McGeorges. Definitely called them first, I'm sure it was a mix up. They'll fix it.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree just call them and have them straighten it out. I ordered my trd springs from them with no problems.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh no question in my mind, call them. I've order many big ticket items from him and nothing but class. Also, I'm not sure why they would tell you the card is not used there...most first time buyers from him used their card there. He is a Toyota dealer.

Are you sure you didn't go to McFlyparts.com j/k
Old 04-01-2005, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

so what ever happened?
Old 04-01-2005, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

yeah I also used my card at mcgeorgeparts.com and had an excellent experience with them...

~wC
Old 04-04-2005, 12:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Thanks to McGeorgeParts.com for ripping me off...

Originally Posted by i64X
Ok so I decide to order a front lip for my tC from McGeorgeParts.com. After contacting them via email with my $50 off Scion card info they tell me that they don't accept the card because they're apparently in VA and VA dealers don't accept the $50 Scion card that we got for financing from Toyota...

I say "Ok" and cancel my order and order the whole kit, painted, from TRDSparks.com - which was very helpful and very quick with my shipment.

I go in today to use my $50 gift card toward a set of floor mats at my local dealer, and they tell me that my card was already used at McGeorgeParts.com and they print me off the sheet from their computers that tells me all the info - apparently I used the card at McGeorgeParts's dealership. It said that I used the card there in person earlier this month... didn't say what for, but it said I used it.

Since I've never been in VA at all, someone at McGeorgeParts must have ordered themselves something with my card, and I got dicked out of $50. Special thanks to whoever you were for ripping me off. I hope you rot in hell.
In our defense this cust ordered the front lip from us and supplied a bad credit card number when he placed the order . We processed the gift card before processing the bad credit card . When we contacted him he backed out of the sale altogether and told me he was going to order the whole kit next time he got paid because it was going to cost him to much to get the front lip painted . We still have a $50.00 credit on file for him since I can not refund the money back to the gift card "wish I could " I don't like to air problems with customers on a board but given the above posting I feel we needed to air our side as well . I was under the asumption Jason was going to purchase other merchandice and we would have applyed it to that I would refund the $50.00 to your credit card if you can supply us with a valid number . We don't ripoff customers .
I do still have the front lip you stuck us with if you want that to .
We have never heard back from you since you backed out of the spoiler we ordered for you .
Here is my contact info Jason I will PM you as well

Paul Napier
c/o Mcgeorge Toyota / Scion / mcgeorgeparts.com
7705 west broad street
Richmond Va 23294
1-800-888-9753
1-804-755-9206
Old 04-04-2005, 01:04 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ahah, the other side of the story surfaces. Sounds like you didn't get ripped off after all. If he applies the $50 to your credit card, you have nothing to _____ about.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, he wanted it aired....he got it aired

As I stated before, nothing but good things from Mcgeorgeparts.com
Old 04-04-2005, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

First of all it wasn't a "bad card." It was my debit card - the one I've had for a little over 4 years now. I got your email and replied to it and expalined to you that I probably mistyped the information or the expiration date when putting the card in - either that or whoever processed the order put in the information wrong - either way the same exact card worked fine through trdsparks.com.

Yes I did change my mind on the lip after I ordered it... in the course of the two days it took for you to come back and tell me that my card info was invalid I came into some money and decided to order the entire kit, painted, and TRDSparks.com had it for less so I ordered it through them. That's why I cancelled my order.

Never once did you email me and tell me that you had already processed my Scion card and that it was useless. I walked into a local dealer to buy some floor mats and ended up paying full price for them and looking like an idiot when they said my card was already used at McGeorge Parts' dealership.

It would have been nice to know that you pulled the $50 from my card before I tried to use it somewhere else.

Also, I don't see how I "stuck you" with a front lip. I understand that you probably ordered the part as soon as the order was put in, and obviously before processing my information to get the lip out faster, which I appreciate, but I'm sure you're not "stuck" with it. It's not like it was a custom product that nobody else is ever going to order again.

I also don't see how you can say that you "didn't hear back from me at all after I backed out." You sent me an email on March 7th and I replied to it that same day.

The emails that I got from you were quickly replied to and friendly. Like anyone else I save money when I can, especially when ordering expensive parts. Since TRDSparks.com had the whole kit for less, I went through them - like I said. I wouldn't have any problem ordering anything from McGeorgeParts in the future... and I'll admit that I probably entered my information wrong on the site. It still would have been nice to know that my $50 was being withheld before I tried using the car somewhere else and ended up spending $100 on floor mats.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

the plot thickens...
Old 04-28-2005, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joehnn
Ahah, the other side of the story surfaces. Sounds like you didn't get ripped off after all. If he applies the $50 to your credit card, you have nothing to _____ about.

i64x, your a _____! ha ha....

J/K