Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Toyota Platinum Svc Agreement with zero deductible for $745

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member

Default Toyota Platinum Svc Agreement with zero deductible for $745

Last month I contacted 20 Scion dealers across the US via email asking for a price on the Toyota Platinum Service Agreement with zero deductible for my new xA. Most of the replies did not address my question, but of those that did the highest price was $1550, and the lowest was $745. My AZ dealer quoted $1100. I purchased the lowest quote (Jake Sacks - Crown) with my CC and received the agreement from Toyota today - it pays to shop around! Here is that Kansas dealer:

Jake Sacks

Toyota / Scion Sales Consultant

Crown Automotive

jsacks@crownautomotive.com

(785) 843-7700
Old 08-09-2006, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got my platinum for 690 but i know a relative who works there. that is a good price!!!
Old 08-09-2006, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Default Re: Toyota Platinum Svc Agreement with zero deductible for $

Originally Posted by ScionZona
Last month I contacted 20 Scion dealers across the US via email asking for a price on the Toyota Platinum Service Agreement with zero deductible for my new xA. Most of the replies did not address my question, but of those that did the highest price was $1550, and the lowest was $745. My AZ dealer quoted $1100. I purchased the lowest quote (Jake Sacks - Crown) with my CC and received the agreement from Toyota today - it pays to shop around! Here is that Kansas dealer:

Jake Sacks

Toyota / Scion Sales Consultant

Crown Automotive

jsacks@crownautomotive.com

(785) 843-7700
now thats how you shop for extra care!!
good find
Old 08-11-2006, 06:14 PM
bc
5 Year Member
SL Member

Interesting subject. Each dealer has their own Scion front page and on it they include their finance pricing, which includes extended service contracts. As part of the Pure Price covenant, we sell the service agreement for that one price to everyone that buys it from us - including employees. If a dealer has deviated, and it seems you posted their name here, then in theory they can lose Scion allocations. The Pure Price is not suppose to change even if the owner of the company buys one of them.

So what you are are claiming is Crown Automitve sold you a Scion extended service contract for $400 less than their Pure Price on the product?

If a dealer is going to deviate, I would hope they make sure to NOT let that get posted on forums like this one.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:06 AM
5 Year Member

The extended warranty was purchased as I stated, and the dealer is looking for all the business they can get. I first contacted Toyota.com about the price for the EW and they told me there is a MSRP, but that the dealer can sell it for whatever price they want. What you are suggesting is "price fixing" between dealers which I believe, at the least, is illegal.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:24 PM
bc
5 Year Member
SL Member

The extended warranty was purchased as I stated, and the dealer is looking for all the business they can get. I first contacted Toyota.com about the price for the EW and they told me there is a MSRP, but that the dealer can sell it for whatever price they want. What you are suggesting is "price fixing" between dealers which I believe, at the least, is illegal.
Scionzona, Pure Pricing is NOT price fixing. All it says is each Scion dealer MUST post their prices and MUST sell to all of their customers for those same prices. Each dealer thus sets their own prices. Based on what you posted here a dealer violated their Pure Price agreement. It is NOT something they would want Scion to know about.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member

I don't understand your problem. The dealer is selling to anyone the Toyota Scion Platinum Ext Warranty for $745 - don't have to be a member of a club, a relative, or part of the incrowd. Your objection is the selling price, and the revelation that dealers can sell it for what they want, not a MSRP posted price.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member

I should add that your "Pure Pricing" pitch is "Pure Hogwash" to put it mildly - an effort to perpetuate the myth that these are Scion MSRP, and all dealers must sell at the same prices so why waste your time shopping around. Shame on you, and three cheers for competition!!!!!

P.S. I love my xA
Old 08-12-2006, 08:45 PM
bc
5 Year Member
SL Member

I should add that your "Pure Pricing" pitch is "Pure Hogwash" to put it mildly - an effort to perpetuate the myth that these are Scion MSRP, and all dealers must sell at the same prices so why waste your time shopping around. Shame on you, and three cheers for competition!!!!!

P.S. I love my xA
Our Pure Pirce is $369 below MSRP, I believe we have the best price you can find. But no, Scion is NOT using Pure Pricing as a form of price fixing. If you take a little time you can shop for the best price, interest rates, and accessory pricing and pick the best dealer to buy from. But if you find that any one dealer is selling something for less (or more) than their posted "Pure" price then shouldn't that tell you something about their integrity? FWIW, we sell all of our vehicles using posted pricing, it is a great way to buy a car.
Old 09-06-2006, 04:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think I'll call them...
Just got xa for my #2..My dealer wanted $1400.
Thanks for posting this info....

Keith.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:57 AM
5 Year Member

After I received my Toyota Platinum Extended Warranty Agreement in the mail I called the Toyota Customer Service number shown on their website to verify that it was in their system - it was!