Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

What really happend to ZPI - **Update on Pg1**

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 12:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
Originally Posted by pollup
maybe travis just bought parts, but it was because of them my car got running right and has been for over a year and a half now. zero problems. they went out of their way to help me out on a weekend. bash all you want but ive had nothing but good experiences with them. they were a little slow on the shipping of a few things but overall everything worked out well. they were better then any shop i have ever gone too. its sad to see it end.
im not gonna bash. they have done many good things. im glad to know some people got a good deal. but it just sux they screwed so many people over.
ive never argued that. i dont have any details except from what ive seen on here and heard. im just saying i guess i was one of few who had a great experience.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Seems to me that some people just had good luck with them, others didnt. Its sad that this is happening though, either way. My brother had some bad experience with them which was enough to keep us away from ZPI products. Seems like they did some good things for the Scion community just too bad it wasnt consistent.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by clayisland485
Hey rhythm....did you not hear the full story on kenny? He had been sabotaging tc kits and such and getting paid by Dodge so Srt-4's would actually win against a zpi boosted tC?!!!

where did you hear that?
Old 08-04-2007, 01:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by j3st3r
um....
http://apps.sos.ky.gov/business/obdb...ct=09&cs=99999

SO....From my understanding, and research, Danny Bowers owns ZPIracing Inc, and would then own the business checking account. The orders would then be processed to Danny's company and the money deposited into his business account. How is Kenny the one scamming customers when Danny holds all of the tools to be successful? I assume Kenny reports to Danny?? If you have a pending order with ZPIracing Inc, it is Danny Bowers responsibility to fill your order. Kenny does not have your money and wouldnt have access to it anyway. He was an employee of ZPIracing Inc and left...there is no crime in leaving a company. How would Kenny scam the guy that owned the company when all business transactions had to go through Danny?? Kenny was essentially the research and development department for ZPI; Danny was the business owner. It just happens that Kenny was the "face" of ZPI because of his personality, presence in the shop and on the web.
If this is the case why have all of ZPI's charges been going through turbochargers.com. that is where i got my last paycheck from. does that not seem weird. if kenny had no control of the money how could he switch the credit ard processing to another business. And danny being in control, i guess that is why he got locked out of the shop right. Lots of control there. he knew danny was going to be taking action and wanted to get as much money away from ZPI as possible.
Are they done with your car yet or is it still sitting the way it was when you were there last.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

So brad....

I didnt get a chance to meet you. What did you do for ZPI? Chad worked on my car the ost while i was up there. I was in the shop the whole time they were working on my car. I know kenny wanted you to be like one of the main mechanics or what not.

How was working with everyone? Kenny and Chad and Sean.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by turbogsxr750
um....

SO....From my understanding, and research, Danny Bowers owns ZPIracing Inc, and would then own the business checking account. The orders would then be processed to Danny's company and the money deposited into his business account. How is Kenny the one scamming customers when Danny holds all of the tools to be successful? I assume Kenny reports to Danny?? If you have a pending order with ZPIracing Inc, it is Danny Bowers responsibility to fill your order. Kenny does not have your money and wouldnt have access to it anyway. He was an employee of ZPIracing Inc and left...there is no crime in leaving a company. How would Kenny scam the guy that owned the company when all business transactions had to go through Danny?? Kenny was essentially the research and development department for ZPI; Danny was the business owner. It just happens that Kenny was the "face" of ZPI because of his personality, presence in the shop and on the web.
If this is the case why have all of ZPI's charges been going through turbochargers.com. that is where i got my last paycheck from. does that not seem weird. if kenny had no control of the money how could he switch the credit ard processing to another business. And danny being in control, i guess that is why he got locked out of the shop right. Lots of control there. he knew danny was going to be taking action and wanted to get as much money away from ZPI as possible.
Are they done with your car yet or is it still sitting the way it was when you were there last.
just went to the forum at turbochargers.com. seems their site admin goes by the handle of zpiracing.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

ZPI is a site admin. lol
Old 08-04-2007, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Whocares05050
ZPI is a site admin. lol
you dont belive me?
http://www.turbochargers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10
Old 08-04-2007, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

ZPI is a site admin. lol
you dont belive me?

Did you read what i wrote?

I said ZPI is a site admin. I wasnt saying ZPI ISNT a site admin. lol
Old 08-04-2007, 01:50 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

You would think they would atleast shut their website down so more people who dont know, dont order more parts.

My 2cents. People say dont blame kenny, but he built ZPI. Therefor it was his reputation and him on the line. He sold out because he couldnt handle it. He put it there, and it finally crashed.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ZPI is a site admin. lol
you dont belive me?

Did you read what i wrote?

I said ZPI is a site admin. I wasnt saying ZPI ISNT a site admin. lol
oh i geuss it was just the way you wrote it.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:51 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

they were all cool peeps chad,brad,kenny,sean,keisha,kennys mom, and even sophie (well only when kenny wouldn't say kill) but other than that yulp there cool people. Didn't really talk to danny but you know what? yulp he is cool people too. well anyway it sucks who didn't get there stuff well you live and you learn if you don't get something from someone after 2months you drive to them and take whats yours nah mean dawgsss. anyway they helped make me the fastest stock motor tc didn't they...hmmm yulp they did. well good luck to Kenny,Chad,Brad,and Sean i wish you all t he best and thanks for creating goals for other companys and customers

p.s
them ****'s can drink dawgg i ain't talking beer ,were talking Vodka but yo i can hang LOL
Old 08-04-2007, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

um....

Search so more my friend!!!!!! Evertime i sent a pp payment to "zpi" it was ALWAYS Kenny Strickler's name that showed up! you dont really know what has happend or what is going on.

Danny stepped in to help kenny buy lending him money. Kenny couldn't pay him back, and ran off to Turbochargers.com in Houston, TX and sold zpi to them which isn't his business to sell in the first place!

Kenny buys a 250k house in Houston and puts in in his wifes name so he doesn't have anything under his name. this prevents him from paying child support. he also wrote his paychecks to his wife, so it looked like he had no income.

His mon was the book keeper for zpi, which wrote fraud checks from zpi's account. kenny used zpi's paypal account to fly to Houston to meet with the people from turbochargersc.com.

This is the short version of what Danny told me. I'm trying to get him to log on and give his story in his own words, but hes a busy man.

there are a ton of people that have sent zpi money, and have not received any parts yet. Danny is taking down everyones name and information. there is no word on if we get our money or parts.. actually... i highly doubt we will get our pats, and the money part will most likely be settled in court!
Old 08-04-2007, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

kenny wrote in his e-mail to everyone, that he was forced to sell the company. and then there are people saying that he never owned it too begin with.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL Kennys got a kid?
Old 08-04-2007, 02:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I came so close to ordering a stage 0 kit back in june,
Old 08-04-2007, 02:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by krazylowgsx
um....

Search so more my friend!!!!!! Evertime i sent a pp payment to "zpi" it was ALWAYS Kenny Strickler's name that showed up! you dont really know what has happend or what is going on.

Danny stepped in to help kenny buy lending him money. Kenny couldn't pay him back, and ran off to Turbochargers.com in Houston, TX and sold zpi to them which isn't his business to sell in the first place!

Kenny buys a 250k house in Houston and puts in in his wifes name so he doesn't have anything under his name. this prevents him from paying child support. he also wrote his paychecks to his wife, so it looked like he had no income.

His mon was the book keeper for zpi, which wrote fraud checks from zpi's account. kenny used zpi's paypal account to fly to Houston to meet with the people from turbochargersc.com.

This is the short version of what Danny told me. I'm trying to get him to log on and give his story in his own words, but hes a busy man.

there are a ton of people that have sent zpi money, and have not received any parts yet. Danny is taking down everyones name and information. there is no word on if we get our money or parts.. actually... i highly doubt we will get our pats, and the money part will most likely be settled in court!
i did hear something about joyce was going to be, or has been arested for check fraud.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i think it's awful that kenny, zpi, or whoever it was scammed so many people. at the same time, it really is a shame that it came to this. if zpi had actually been a respectable company, can you imagine how many happy Scion drivers we'd have? it would have been amazing... "would have" being the key words... good luck to everyone with getting a resolution. all of you who dropped hard-earned cash into something that will probably never come have my true sympathy
Old 08-04-2007, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tCtunerZ = Firmware = LEDMods = ZPI=

Big Pile of Crap.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by L4rry_B1rd