Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

What really happend to ZPI - **Update on Pg1**

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 01:08 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

hmm all quiet here
Old 01-02-2008, 10:23 PM

Default Re: What really happend to ZPI - **Update on Pg1**

Originally Posted by jwaggz82
Well - i just called the new number and spoke on the phone with a guy who told me that he will have to take my name down and wait on the outcome of my engine mounts.

Long story short - I prepaid for tC engine mounts which I (nobody) ever received. The story from the man on the phone is: The business was sold and there are many lawyer interactions going on right now. I also heard that turbochargers.com is getting the zpi webpage accounts and that there are many other people who had money taken from them. The word also is that Kennys own uncle is funding some court fees just to sue his own cousin.

If all that is true ...thanks kenny. I waited a year and 1/2 for a product that i never received and its just sad that it had to come to this. I have some of the emails saved that I sent asking for the mounts. Add me to the settlement case.

Start of users who claim to be owed money from products they did not get:
=====================================================

01.) jwaggz82 - Preorder tC engine mounts - $110.05
02.) tuffCookie - Preorder tC engine mounts - $110.05
03.) NycMiner - Drive Pulley $140
04.) Angry_Celi_Guy - 2.5" tc catback exhaust - $537
05.) HyPn0TiC 07 - stage 0 kit - $2350.00
06.) Adis - Stage 0 with extras - $3904.16
07.) tC-Collin - Stage 0 - $2,240
08.) krazylowgsx - xb turbo - $1500
09.) xjamiex - Exhaust Gasket $5.00 & tC engine limiter $139.99
10.) 11.) giftednimrod - crank pulley - $156.16
11.) suhhh - Stage 0 Turbo with other goodies - $3583.57

Refunded Users (as per users):
01.) joshuabowman - Crank pulley - $167.00
02.) Complication - Hydra EMS & ARP head studs - $2245
03.) 20tCDude05 - 3" Turbo Exhaust - $900

Here is something one of the SL users sent me to post on the main page:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Cards and Debit Cards (check cards):
If you purchased anything from ZPI and have been charged by ZPI or turbochargers.com you can call your card company and dispute your charges. Let them know that you have not yet received package and you think the business may have been closed. They should add your money back to your card within 5 business days.

Paypal Purchase:
If you paid with paypal you can dispute it with them up to 45days. If 45 days has passed and money came from a credit card to the paypal account you can dispute that with your credit card company. If it came from a bank account then you should think about small claims court if it's under $5K or Fiscal court if it's more but no more then $50K but please check the local limits.

If money was sent paypal and it was Kenny's paypal then you will be going after him not Danny Bower. If it was sent to anything like sales@zpi or whatever then you'll be going after Danny Bower.

Remember that if you're out of state that everything will be dealt with through Kentucky and their laws. If you get a lawyer, it will be cheaper to get one local to Shepherdsville, KY because out of state lawyer will charge for every overnight fedex they have to send and a bunch of other crap that adds up.

Also, if you have to go after Kenny you may have to take it to a Texas court since that is his residence now but be sure to check with a lawyer on that.

Quick review:
Credit card payment can be disputed

Danny Bower = ZPI owner and who you go after if charged by ZPI. He is in Kentucky

Kenny Strickler is who you go after if payed to Kenny's paypal. He now lives in Texas but may have to go after him in Kentucky but check with lawyer.

Turbochargers.com is who you go after if you were charged by them. They are based in Texas so you would deal with Texas law. Kenny is also claiming you will still get your stuff if charged by them but don't waste your time.

-SL Member

Here is another post from a SL Member:

Kenny Strickler is the name on the buildings lease. Danny the owner is not allowed in the building unless Kenny let's him in or he gets a court order. Guess which he has to do. It has nothing to do with having a set of keys or the building owner would have let Danny in by now. So parts and cars are stuck in there. If Kenny wanted to be the nice guy he is trying to portray in his post on the ZPI website that is posted a few post up then he'd let Danny in the building to get the stuff out or even sign the lease over to Danny. Instead he locks him out and people are with out their parts and cars.

-SL Member

Here is another post from a SL Member:

All people who have their car in the shop, there is a lawsuit going on. The more people that get in on it the cheaper it will be for you. More info below. There is 7 cars in the shop and that comes from the owner of the building.

Danny ZPI owner had keys to the shop. Kenny changed the locks. This also comes from the building owner.

Kenny is the only one that can get stuff out or let you in the building. Unless you have a court order. This also comes from the owner of the building and several law people.

The lease on the building is paid through July and the owner can get in the building to give the stuff back in about a month when he evicts Kenny.

The lawsuit that is going on should also be cheaper for people who bought stuff from them. The reason it will be cheaper because a lot of information used for the people with cars locked in will also be used for people who paid for parts. The time the lawyer spends on the same info, the cost will be split. Contact the lawyer for more info.

Lawyers Info:
Sholar Reinhart & Miller
Address: 129 West Fourth Street
PO Box 6539
Shepherdsville, KY 40165-6539
Phone: (502) 543-1500
Fax: (502) 543-7581

Talk to Jim Miller, he's taking care of the case.

-SL Member

Old 01-02-2008, 10:42 PM

Default Zero Point Industries, ZPI, ZPI Racing

Would you like to know about Kenny Strickler? I started the original Zero Point Industries with Ken in 2004. I came up with the name "Zero Point Industries". It did not take long to realize who I was dealing with, although it took longer than it should have. I am President of CSA, Inc. located in Blue Springs, MO. I met Ken on a project at the Ford Chicago Assembly Plant. I own a Construction Safety Management company, Ken worked as a Safety Engineer for Lesco Construction , out of LaGrange, Kentucky. He told me he used to own an automotive aftermarket, high performance company in Louisville, KY called Redline. It went out of business because why? His partner of course. Ken is all talk, and a con man. He has no idea when it comes to ethical business practices, and is a financial incompetent.

He advertised that he and myself consulted with the automaotive industry on vehicle design. Anyone remember his original website for Zero Point? The history of the company and manufacturing of automotive components was all bogus. He bought parts and paid a little extra to have ZPI put on it. The only one that I know made stuff for Kenny was Dave Buschur of Buschur Racing. He is related to Ken. When I shut things down, I contacted Dave Buschur to see if he would take some of the inventory back for the Subaru WRX exhaust systems we bought. Dave told me he couldn't. He said that he told Kenny that that was a lot of inventory to buy, Dave stated he couldn't sell that many himself in a year!

By the time I had him figured out, it was too late. To make a long story short, he lied to the landlord, he lied to banks, he lied to me, Example: When we originally set up the company to use a credit card machine in our store, the bank stated to me, during the approval process, that Ken stated that Jessica Simpson was going to be at the grand opening of the store in Louisville. They had questions about his story. Kenny had plenty of them.

The day I shutdown the business and ended our relationship was 3 weeks before the grand opening of the store in September 2004. I closed the accounts and cancelled his credit card. I immediately began receiving calls from Citi Bank that Ken was going around town trying to run-up cash advances. I told the bank to have him arrested. The bank stated I would have to call the Louisville police and file a report. It wasn't worth my time.

After I got out, Keishas Dad began his financial experience with Ken. That also did not last long. I don't kow who this Bowers guy is. If he bought the business, he got ripped.

When we first started putting the Blankenbaker store together, I was in Kansas City, Ken was in Louisville. Ken did somthing stupid and broke his wrist. He called to tell me and informed me that he hired this individual (Lamont) to be his driver and I needed to pay him $300/wk to drive Ken around. I told Ken to walk............it was cheaper. I don't know if he ever did pay Lamont, whose background is equal to that of Kens. Keisha is just as bad. I do have to say that Ken's parents are GREAT people, they aren't responsible for Ken's actions.

The State of Kentucky dissolved Zero Point Industries in November of 2005 according to their records, for failing to file the appropriate forms. I don't think he ever filed any forms (Hello, IRS....)

I feel sorry for the people that have been affected by him. I learned a good lesson, it cost me 50k, that I will never see again. I could go on for days.............................Good luck to all trying to get their money back.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:46 PM

Default Zero Point Industries, ZPI, ZPI Racing

Sorry about the typing in my previous post. I hate typing. This site needs a better spell checker. Sorry.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:55 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

He is a piece of crap and as totally abandoned the Scion Community. He stated he was trying, where has he been.

Anyone have any recent news? Rhtymsmoke are you still friends with him?
Old 01-02-2008, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Re: What really happend to ZPI - **Update on Pg1**

Originally Posted by ppflughaupt

Would you like to know about Kenny Strickler? I started the original Zero Point Industries with Ken in 2004. I came up with the name "Zero Point Industries". It did not take long to realize who I was dealing with, although it took longer than it should have. I am President of CSA, Inc. located in Blue Springs, MO. I met Ken on a project at the Ford Chicago Assembly Plant. I own a Construction Safety Management company, Kern worked as a Safety Engineer for Lesco Construction , out of Kentucky. He told me he used to own an automotive aftermarket, high performance company in Louisville, KY called Redline. It went out of business because why? His partner of course. Ken is all talk, and a con man. He has no idea when it comes to ethical business practices, and is a financial incompetent.

He advertised that he and myself consulted with the automaotive industry on vehicle design. Anyone remember his original wesite for Zero Point? The history of the company and manufacturing of automotive components was all bogus.

By the time I had him figured out, it was too late. To make a long story short, he lied to the landlord, he lied to banks, Example: When we originally set up the company to use a credit card machine in our store, the bank stated to me, during the approval process, that Ken stated that Jessical Simpson was going to be at the grand opening of the store in Louisville. They had questions about his story. Kenny had plenty of them.

The day I shutdown the business and ended our relationship was 3 weeks before the grand opening of the store in September 2004. I closed the accounts and cancelled his credit card. I immediately began receiving calls from Citi Bank that Ken was going around town trying to run-up cash advances. I told the bank to have him arrested. The bank stated I would have to call the Louisville police and file a report. It wasn't worth my time.

The State of Kentucky dissolved Zerro Point Industries in November of 2005 according to their records for failing to file the appropriate forms.

I fell sorry for the people that have been affected by him. I learned a good lesson, 50k worth that I will never see again. Good luck to all trying to get their money back

I would say I was surprised but I'm not. Sounds like BS he would feed to people. The sad part is those dumb cops aren't doing a thing over there so you were right about it being a waste of time. Another sad part is there's still people out there believing his BS. Hell, there's people still on here that chat it up with him. He will get his and I'm sure it's coming soon.

Also, I don't know if this is true or not and I can careless. It was told to me a couple months ago but I was told his wife left him. I hope it's true but like I said I can careless. I wasn't gonna say anything but F them all.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

That answers a bit for myself.
Thanks for the post.
I hope all goes well for everyone who still is in need of the cash that was taken from them, I know it's been a while... I guess I am one of the few lucky ones...

I DO know I will be staying with the current Bank that I have now because of the quick action and refund of my money that they got for me... I am sooo glad that chapter in my life is over... best of luck to those are still in it...

Comp.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^ what bank is that?
Old 01-03-2008, 02:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Washington Mutual.
I called them up the day after I found out about the whole ordeal and it had been over 65 days or so since I had ordered 2500 worth of products. Paypal (as usual) was worthless. I called Washington Mutual in a bit of desperation and asked "is there any thing at all you can do for me?" and their manager said they'd look into it and get back to me.

If I remember correctly, by the end of the next business day I had the exact ammount in my account.

To this day I'm not sure how in the world I got my cash back so quickly, but I am not going to argue about it. they did me a huge favor and created a loyal customer by doing so.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

geez I am glad I never got Stricklered..........
Old 01-04-2008, 01:05 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

My experience with these con artists resulted in pretty much paying 2800 for a 14B turbo. Thanks a lot. Karma, that is all.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any updates?
Old 01-20-2008, 08:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

so is that diehard ZPI fanboy still around too?
Old 01-20-2008, 10:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCUZZ
so is that diehard ZPI fanboy still around too?
lol which one? There's a few out there but I wouldn't classify them as "ZPI fanboys" more like Kenny Strickler fan boys. They'll come around when they're screwed in one way or another.

As far as updates go, I'd like to know too if anyone else has heard or got anything recently? I'd also like to know if anyone is still owed money and how much. I will be talking with lawyers soon and try to get some kind of lawsuit against all parties involved. I have someone looking into some loop holes to go after them even though it was an LLC. That means there personal stuff would be up for grabs! We will see...
Old 01-20-2008, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Ha - there are people out money still - im one of them
Old 01-20-2008, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by jwaggz82
Ha - there are people out money still - im one of them
Like I said I have someone that my have found a loophole to go after Danny personally and depending on what happened to you, Kenny personally too. You may ask how Kenny (or he may ask as he reads this )... Well the thing is that the paypal was in his name from what we know so he his responsible for that. As far as Danny, apperantly there is a loophole to get what you are owed from an LLC owner personally and not through their business. I will keep you updated as I will make sure everyone gets in on it. The best part is that if the loophole works we may be able to get punitive damages. He'll be so screwed like we have been. He should of just did what he had to do and get everyone's money back even if he had to ask his daddy.

BTW, When I say he I mean Danny.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific

SL Member

If anyone wants to say "hello" to Kenny, just drop him a line, he spammed me the other day:
kenny@turbochargers.com
Old 01-21-2008, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2fast4you
If anyone wants to say "hello" to Kenny, just drop him a line, he spammed me the other day:
kenny@turbochargers.com

Me too. I wrote him back to tell him to stop spamming me and he had some words and I sent back to him again and that was it. I wouldn't do it again cuz it's stupid for me to argue with him now and just isn't worth it. I figured he got the emails from the zpi computers since he took those.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

unbelievable
Old 01-29-2008, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ALL of you were warned about ZPI when they first opened by myself, Regulator, and many others who know about Kenny, his shady business practices from the past and the people he associates with. While I'm sorry that he took anyone for money, I'm not sorry it was you all. You all chose him and his smooth-talking BS over many reputable members of his community. I hope as much as the next person that you all get a lawsuit together and prosecute him, but fact is, there isn't enough money that's been stolen to warrant such an action. Your best chance would be to get the District Attorney's involved in a criminal charges and let the state foot the bill.. otherwise bite your tongue, swallow hard, and thank whatever god you pray to that he didn't take you for more.

Quick Reply: What really happend to ZPI - **Update on Pg1**