Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

What really happend to ZPI - **Update on Pg1**

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 12:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"As far as Danny, apperantly there is a loophole to get what you are owed from an LLC owner personally and not through their business."

This is not true if they made good business practices to keep their corporate veil intact. In other words, if they had an insurance policy, kept their checking accounts separate (paypal does not count), you're not getting a penny from them in CIVIL court. If you can get it into the criminal system, you might have a chance at going after them personally, but with the low amounts of money stolen, not a snowballs chance in hell.

Also, no "punitive" damages will EVER hold up. This is not a personal injury case, there is no 'tort.' Sorry guys.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Also I'd like to add that Paypal does not give a ____ about you. They aren't even a bank. They are a middle-man for money, much like the attorney that does escrows for real estate. They pass on costs to the next person, and nothing comes out of their pocket. All you guys saying "Oh Paypal is going to get them!!" are sadly mistaken. Paypal has backcharged all the appropriate people, and if they did get stiffed for money, they'll just turn it over to a 3rd party collections agency and ruin whatever credit ZPI/Kenny/whoevertheaccountwasunder has left.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dang...couldn't you just say "I told you so" and leave it at that?
Old 01-29-2008, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No, after the brazing we got from you all for just trying to help before, you all deserve not only what was stolen but also the shame of being a bunch of naive idiots. I'm done now, unless anyone else has any more questions or "great ideas on recovering the money." LOL.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Um...I didnt' even buy anything from ZPI, so I didnt' give you any brazings. I don't even remember anyone saying anything bad about zpi BEFORE people started buying from them. Must have been before my time. I didnt' get on SL untill August of '04
Old 01-29-2008, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Start at my first posts and read forward..

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sea...7777&start=200
Old 01-29-2008, 06:06 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No topics or posts met your search criteria
Old 01-29-2008, 07:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Click on my name, view old posts, then go to the last page (12 I think).
Old 01-29-2008, 08:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

DAMN! Thanks for the posts, 2liter! I never saw any of those! I think I'm gonna spend the next couple days reading throught those like an old spy novel!

hell, I think in those threads was the first time I EVER even SAW a post from ZPI!
Old 01-29-2008, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

turbo2liter, I do feel like an idiot and I believe I said that in an earlier post on here. I don't know if I really deserved it but whatever. I don't know if I read anything you said but there was others on here like AJ (dyltone I think) that warned me a number of times.

As for the trying to get what's mine back, I will still do what I can. I have someone looking into it and there is no promises but it don't hurt to try. It's a big expensive lesson to learn but it was learned.

Normally I'd say crap about you for what you said a few post up but I'm man enough to say when I'm wrong and I was wrong and should of listened. It's a shame though there's still people doing business with him cuz they think he's their friends.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In all honesty, I do feel sorry for you guys. I got taken for about $7000 in parts/cash/bartering in 2004 by a guy named Rob Raymer of Quarter Mile Performance/LS1 Motorsports. Seemed like the greatest guy in the world, until you were down money to him and he skips down and declares bankruptcy. I hope you get it back, but I'd give you 5% odds of doing so unless ZPI/Kenny is feeling gracious and gives it back.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is what happens with new technology. Some people take advantage of others. And that just aint right. I say go afterthem and everything thay own. Peace
Old 02-01-2008, 03:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

Originally Posted by turbo2liter
No, after the brazing we got from you all for just trying to help before, you all deserve not only what was stolen but also the shame of being a bunch of naive idiots. I'm done now, unless anyone else has any more questions or "great ideas on recovering the money." LOL.
GREAT POST. I remember those early days. The ZPI fan boyz were savages. I left this forum for a while because of all the ZPI savages. Even the MOD were on ZPI's side in those early days.

tCUZZ wrote:
so is that diehard ZPI fanboy still around too?

lol which one? There's a few out there but I wouldn't classify them as "ZPI fanboys" more like Kenny Strickler fan boys. They'll come around when they're screwed in one way or another.
I was referring to rhythmnsmoke . Dude was one crazy ZPI fan boi.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

might still be,,,,,,
Old 03-23-2008, 01:34 AM

Going to bump this because Kenny is at it again.

Found this video and it's of the new "Artisan" exhaust that was made for the new EVO X. At the beginning you see the turbochargers.com banner at the bottom, also the video was posted by the user turbochargers.com, you also see a sign that says "Texas rebuild" on it, guessing the name of that shop, which I have heard the owner is also a shady character. But if you watch towards the end right after the pull before the camera turns away, you clearly see the spikey haired thief stick his head around the door.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/A...ust_154606.htm

I posted this because I'm sure soon enough this exhaust and others will start getting put up for sale on evolutionm.net. I think it would be best if a thread was started warning everyone of this shady character. I was going to do it but haven't had the time, so if someone else wants to go at it, then go ahead. If not then I will eventually make one.

It would be best for everyone that was screwed on here to register on there and post up their experience with Kenny Strickler so that way he doesn't get anyone elses money. Make sure those guys don't get screwed like you guys did over here.

Figured you guys would want to know what he's up to now-a-days....
Old 03-23-2008, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

meh... i think a main problem with zpi was communication with customers and other employees, kenny never put out a horrible product, granted they weren't the best on the market but they always seemed to have performed very well and the people (WHO GOT THEM) were very happy with them. I think i'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt with turbochargers.com and we'll see how he goes, maybe it was just the atmosphere up in KY, who knows
Old 03-23-2008, 06:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Looks like he traded in the evo 9 for the evo x.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

http://www.youtube.com/user/turbochargerscom
Old 03-24-2008, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member