Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

What really happend to ZPI - **Update on Pg1**

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 10:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
And just out of curiosity for everyone who had something to say, basically saying Kenny is the bad guy in all of this, if he is the guy screwing everyone over, and is the "sole" person at fault here, then why did practically the WHOLE staff at ZPI leave with him? Why do they all STILL stand behind him. Are we to believe that ALL of them are bad now? Of course some of you would say so, because that's the only reason you can give. Even Chad who only has been working there for less than a year....is a Bad guy too.

Those Moraless Savages! Damn them for making my car faster...damn them!
as i said before. his nuts must be made of crack. :D

but in all seriousness. lets all just lay off of travis. if he wants to continue to do business with kenny, then thats his call. i dont think anyone argues with travis as much as i do (with the exeption of mabey dyltone). after all this bickering with him, i have learned one thing. he will NEVER change his opinions about kenny. so let me be the first to tell travis, i wish you the best of luck in your future indevors with kenny. and i hope that you and your gf eventually get both your cars how you want them. as far as people geting screwed over by kenny/zpi/turbochargers.com, or who ever. the info on these people is right out in front of you. so from here on out if you get taken by these people, then its really your own fault.

theres on old saying...

...screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
Originally Posted by blown_xa
ur just so ____ed off u don't know what else to say, LOL
I gotta agree Travis, your taking this as everyone is taking personal shots at you when thats not the case. People have been getting screwed over by ZPI from the beginning and everytime it came to the surface you and a select few were always there to try and save the reputation.
Going to have to disagree there. When someone came on and had a legitamite complaint (key word is legit), I would help them in getting the situation resolved. Saving reputation or whatever you want to call it, I was just trying to help. "Screwing people over", you are going to have to define that. "Screwing over" in say ScionSpeed sorta way, is not even close to the complaints when it came to ZPI. Complaints for ZPI was always along the lines of "I'm tired of waiting for X".

Consider yourself lucky as you didnt get caught up in this mess and got treated like how a customer should get treated. Obviously you were a great grassroots marketer for ZPI and thats why they continued to bring you great service, it would have been a devistating shock to their Scionlife business/reputation if they screwed you over.
That may or may not be true, but I am not the only person to have good service. I'm just the most "Out There", with my slew of videos.

The truth of the matter here is that people got taken advantage of, have been lied to, have payed for high dollar items that they did not receive and the list of lies goes on. There is no denying that now is there Travis.

But you see, here in lies the problem. Why can they still not get what they recieved? Just because Kenny isn't there anymore? Those with pending orders are the ones that have to figure out "who is running the show". The vocal one (Brad) who was very active till just now (being no post made, and sorta just quit talking), never answered me.

You can only go so far with protecting someones interest and I think this is where they drew the line, and you should not be protecting someone that damaged the community the way that Kenny did.
You know this how? Because of what you read on SL. SimplyScion, I know you are smarter than that. This Rabbit Hole Goes......WAAAAAAAAYYYYYY.....deeper than what you are reading from people who are passing along information.

As I said, you had a good experience with ZPI, as did the few people that actually came to the shop to get their work done. That seemed to be the only way for anyone to get anything accomplished with ZPI.
They have sold over 400+ Stage 0's alone. Surely you don't think 400 people have driven to have a Stage 0 installed. Your observation only holds true on SL. As the ones that are vocal on here, just happen to have visited the shop, instead of regular internet purchase.

How much can they really lie to you when your spending your days at the shop waiting for them to finish the work on your car, the good ol' its shipping tommorow line doesnt work for people that are waiting at the shop. Its time to start broadening your Scion aftermarket company relationships and start referring them elsewhere as there seems to be no future for "ZPIRacing". I dont think theres much else to say at this point, but may this be a lesson learned for a lot of people

The lesson I have learned is that in order to maintain nueturality, one needs to go custom, so he/she is not scrutinized for having a good experience.

PS....My son just took the biggest DUMP in his diaper... I'll holla back you guys later. Perhaps Monday, maybe some new developments will arise by them.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
And just out of curiosity for everyone who had something to say, basically saying Kenny is the bad guy in all of this, if he is the guy screwing everyone over, and is the "sole" person at fault here, then why did practically the WHOLE staff at ZPI leave with him? Why do they all STILL stand behind him. Are we to believe that ALL of them are bad now? Of course some of you would say so, because that's the only reason you can give. Even Chad who only has been working there for less than a year....is a Bad guy too.

but in all seriousness. lets all just lay off of travis. if he wants to continue to do business with kenny, then thats his call. i dont think anyone argues with travis as much as i do (with the exeption of mabey dyltone). after all this bickering with him, i have learned one thing. he will NEVER change his opinions about kenny. so let me be the first to tell travis, i wish you the best of luck in your future indevors with kenny. and i hope that you and your gf eventually get both your cars how you want them. as far as people geting screwed over by kenny/zpi/turbochargers.com, or who ever. the info on these people is right out in front of you. so from here on out if you get taken by these people, then its really your own fault.

theres on old saying...

You mean Fiance, I don't have a gf. Already got new plans (hush though, don't tell anyone).

As far as getting screwed over by Kenny/zpi/turbochargers.com or whoever....

theres an old saying....

Don't believe everything you read.

Ok, be back later guys.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc

theres on old saying...

I'd say that is a good Summary... nicley said.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol @ everyone jumping off ZPI bandwagon
Old 08-04-2007, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

So where do we stand as of now? There are 8 pages on this topic and i am not sure who needs to be contacted and who owns the darn place. I am so far out $120 - there are people out $5k each so there is some major coin floating around that needs to get fixed.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:15 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

theres an old saying....

Don't believe everything you read.
If theres a thousand people who bash on one company because that company ripped them off or stole their money and one person who had a good experience with them, why in the world would i take a chance and buy from them?
Old 08-05-2007, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I haven't known Kenny and his crew for very long, but I just got excellent service from them on Friday. They put in my emanage and wideband and then tuned the car. Runs great! From what he told me, Kenny gave Danny plenty of chances to sell the business to him for a large sum of money and he refuses. All of your cash that was not routed to turbochargers.com is in Danny's checking account somewhere so Kenny can't help you. Anyone that was charged by turbochargers.com should get your parts just like I did, but I would bet it'll take a while as Kenny's shop is in shambles.... Not hating on the new digs, Kenny! As for Kenny's personal life and his legal dispute with whoever, I don't care, I made new friends and now have a place to buy car parts and get good work done.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nychang65
I haven't known Kenny and his crew for very long, but I just got excellent service from them on Friday. They put in my emanage and wideband and then tuned the car. Runs great! From what he told me, Kenny gave Danny plenty of chances to sell the business to him for a large sum of money and he refuses. All of your cash that was not routed to turbochargers.com is in Danny's checking account somewhere so Kenny can't help you. Anyone that was charged by turbochargers.com should get your parts just like I did, but I would bet it'll take a while as Kenny's shop is in shambles.... Not hating on the new digs, Kenny! As for Kenny's personal life and his legal dispute with whoever, I don't care, I made new friends and now have a place to buy car parts and get good work done.
good luck with your choice. if things go bad, please do not come on here whining about kenny, because it will have been your own fault.

...also why would danny want to sell a company that was aparently making money hand over fist?
Old 08-05-2007, 01:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll try to remember that if they screw me over, are all of your posts that hostile(telling me what I can say on this forum)? As for ZPI being profitable, I don't think anything is apparent at this moment in time. Only thing we can do is wait and see what pans out in court.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll try to remember that if they screw me over, are all of your posts that hostile(telling me what I can say on this forum)? As for ZPI being profitable, I don't think anything is apparent at this moment in time. Only thing we can do is wait and see what pans out in court.
i dont recall telling you what you can or cant say. i simply asked nicely. and i definetly wasnt hostile about it. i hope your not getting defensive, because im not trying to atack you. all im saying is, dont expect much sympathy from people on this forum should things go south. after everything thats come out the last few days, you should just keep a very close eye on any work you get done there. i wish you nothing bu luck and hope you dont wind up like alot of other people on this forum.

...Once upon a time, a woman was picking up firewood. She came upon a poisonous snake frozen in the snow. She took the snake home and nursed it back to health. One day the snake bit her on the cheek. As she lay dying, she asked the snake, "Why have you done this to me?" And the snake answered, "Look, b1tch, you knew I was a snake."

-old indian in natural born killers.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:47 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the well wishing. I appreciate it. Not getting defensive, I'm pretty new, or atleast I never really posted much so it's weird to have someone reply in such a manner. So far I haven't had any major problems with the kit or ZPI, besides the usual slow shipping. Kenny should be back in KY by now, so again, good luck to all that have cars, money, and dreams of going fast in a scion at risk.

Thanks
Old 08-05-2007, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

all i know is we need to figure out how to get our damn money back!
Old 08-05-2007, 02:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so kenny didnt really move to houston?
Old 08-05-2007, 02:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 05-RS1
so kenny didnt really move to houston?
He lives there. probably within mile of you. lol
Old 08-05-2007, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Kenny should be back in KY by now, so again, good luck to all that have cars, money, and dreams of going fast in a scion at risk.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

still watching this thread with popcorn in each hand... thanking God i went with turbotoyotas... *knocking on wood*
Old 08-05-2007, 04:21 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa
Originally Posted by amdforever
Originally Posted by jwaggz82
^ they must be doing something right though.
How can you not, when your basically like Walmart (middle man), where you just buy stuff.
Um didn't they create the black box and the P&P harness for greddy emanages...along with the new AEM F/IC P&P harness too? Hell I think they actually had a dealing hand in getting the AEM F/IC even created to what it is today. Thats just to name a few things that you won't find "Walmart" doing. I don't recall ZPI doing that. From what I've read here on the boards, Dezod and Turbo Toyos has had better luck with their kits quality and reliability wise. Again, this is just my opinion of things in my eyes, I could care less if you want to flame by what I said I really like your ride though rhythmn, you know that man

You have an opinion. I respect that. I just have a different view that's all.
ZPI sucks

That's the truth, not opinion, u see that NOW

Your car is slow, u see that NOW

That's the truth, not opinion by the way.
Where do you come off calling ANYONE's car slow... I've gone faster on my bike than you will ever go in a vehicle, I will be able to skip gears in my tC and beat your girlfriends car by bus lengths but I don't call your car SLOW.

GROW THE *&^% UP YOU ^$*&!#& %$*%^
Old 08-05-2007, 04:27 AM
Banned
SL Member

PS....My son just took the biggest DUMP in his diaper... I'll holla back you guys later. Perhaps Monday, maybe some new developments will arise by them.
So he craps in his diaper and you do it on Scion Life? I think I get it now.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

^ LOL. Glad I went with the supercharger. I almost sent my ecu to them on Tuesday too, glad I didnt.

Quick Reply: What really happend to ZPI - **Update on Pg1**