Notices
Exclusive Sponsored Sales site sponsors with special deals...

< < < HID Plug and Play Kits $100 SHIPPED OVERNIGHT

Old 02-25-2010, 01:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

is it possible to get golden yellow hids for the headlights and foglights? if so what would be the total$?
Old 03-02-2010, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dam262a
Trying to get a hold of you, Haven't received my HID's been 2 weeks and few days going crazy O.O
Sorry, you ordered that one bulb size and color (green) that is just not easy to get a hold of :T

Originally Posted by StylinCavy
is it possible to get golden yellow hids for the headlights and foglights? if so what would be the total$?
Let me know what kind of Scion you have (year and model). We should be able to get'em. Just an issue if they're in stock.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by operatic
Sorry, you ordered that one bulb size and color (green) that is just not easy to get a hold of :T
i know that sucks i know hann told me something like u could probably fit another kind of bulb what was it again?
Old 03-09-2010, 03:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i know that sucks i know hann told me something like u could probably fit another kind of bulb what was it again?
I think I've made an H1 work with careful razor work O_o
Old 03-09-2010, 06:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Well I found a kit on another site but dam to find its not easy I getting links for 3bspec or whatever
Old 03-17-2010, 03:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I found a kit on another site but dam to find its not easy I getting links for 3bspec or whatever
You weren't sober when you wrote that were you? :D
If those green bulbs come in though, I'll hit you up.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I was asking you a couple of pages back about where I needed to go for the Yellow HID's and never got a response.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

anywhere that currently has 3k hid bulbs in stock then buy the kit
Old 05-10-2010, 03:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

*Bump*

Did a lot of cleaning up on the website, expanded on the "browse by car" section for vehicle specific parts and because it makes it easier if you don't know the bulb size for your vehicle.

http://shop.3bspecialties.com/Browse-by-Car_c47.htm

Also carrying a slightly cheaper kit that we've been field testing locally. Looking at about $80 shipped. That whole line is listed here until I can get them categorized:
http://shop.3bspecialties.com/SV-HID-Kits_c2687.htm

Anything lower than that... well... PM me and we'll talk.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

lmk when u get set of green hid bulbs

oops just noticed this, na i was on my phone haha
Old 05-15-2010, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

*bump*
Been organizing the website lately. Got a complete Scion section, just been adding stuff based on boredom and what people ask for on prices. The catalog I have sitting here is bigger than my head >_<

Added a second line of HID kits along side or normal stock. A little cheaper. For the absolute penny pincher there's a third line that we filter in upon request, you'll have to PM me for a price tag on that one.

Mostly just been fighting with these damn '02+ Dodge Ram's. That and working on a set of 95-99 Maxima retrofits and an Acura RSX retrofit (well that one is a bolt-in, not sure it counts) for a couple customers. Hope to clear out the Acura RSX this weekend.

And yes! I finally organized the LEDs to the point where we can keep the things in stock >_<
The online inventory is pretty accurate, we just set aside a few strictly for online orders.

The Scion section, parts added upon request or boredom:
http://shop.3bspecialties.com/Scion_c572.htm

The LEDs (yay for marginal organization! Not so yay for slow site updating!):
http://shop.3bspecialties.com/LED-Lights_c318.htm
Old 05-16-2010, 04:50 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any pictures of the red HID's?
Old 05-16-2010, 01:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Young-Gun
Any pictures of the red HID's?
"Red" is the most inconsistent color mix we've ever done, but if you want, email hanh@3bspec.com and he can email you the pics.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

"Red" is the most inconsistent color mix we've ever done, but if you want, email hanh@3bspec.com and he can email you the pics.
Alright thank you.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i need a 35w replacement ballast. Can you give me price shipped to 08401. Thank you
Old 06-01-2010, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

how yellow are the yellow tinted bulbs that you guys carry
Old 06-03-2010, 04:22 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default retrofit projector bulbs

i was taking a look at your site & i noticed you sell retrofit projector HID kits. more specifically the PnP Bi-xenon G1 kit. will this work/fit on an 08 scion xD? if so, how hard would it be to install? i've been looking for the projector and/or halo look for my car. all i can find is just HID bulbs. which is great, but i think the project/halo look is awesome. thanks for your help.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dscatto
i was taking a look at your site & i noticed you sell retrofit projector HID kits. more specifically the PnP Bi-xenon G1 kit. will this work/fit on an 08 scion xD? if so, how hard would it be to install? i've been looking for the projector and/or halo look for my car. all i can find is just HID bulbs. which is great, but i think the project/halo look is awesome. thanks for your help.
Really Long Post, the cliff notes: Yep, the G1 and G3 projector kits should fit in the 2008 Scion xD headlight. We also have a set of Morimoto projectors in stock if you're looking for something with a more readily available bulb size for the projector.

The unabridged edition with footnotes by Sir Ringo:

Actually we can get the G1, G3 and Morimoto projectors. I've done installs using all 3 on a few different housings. To be 100% honest, outside of the weird proprietary bulb that the G1 and G3's use (excludes the G3/H4's because they use a D2S bulb), they're actually a really nice setup for the price.

The '08 Scion xD housing is pretty big. You should have no problem using either the G1 or the G3 projector. If you really wanted to use your own shroud, you would have to epoxy it due to the way that the existing shroud fits on there and I would suggest using the G1 in that case. Any 3-inch shroud with some JB weld should to hold it in place, should work fine.

There's some ins and outs on why we don't sell them directly through the webstore (namely in the form of turn around time and actual product availability) but we do filter them in from time to time when we have other stuff coming in. Which apparently these days is LED bulbs and strobe light kits.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Really Long Post, the cliff notes: Yep, the G1 and G3 projector kits should fit in the 2008 Scion xD headlight. We also have a set of Morimoto projectors in stock if you're looking for something with a more readily available bulb size for the projector.

The unabridged edition with footnotes by Sir Ringo:

Actually we can get the G1, G3 and Morimoto projectors. I've done installs using all 3 on a few different housings. To be 100% honest, outside of the weird proprietary bulb that the G1 and G3's use (excludes the G3/H4's because they use a D2S bulb), they're actually a really nice setup for the price.

The '08 Scion xD housing is pretty big. You should have no problem using either the G1 or the G3 projector. If you really wanted to use your own shroud, you would have to epoxy it due to the way that the existing shroud fits on there and I would suggest using the G1 in that case. Any 3-inch shroud with some JB weld should to hold it in place, should work fine.

There's some ins and outs on why we don't sell them directly through the webstore (namely in the form of turn around time and actual product availability) but we do filter them in from time to time when we have other stuff coming in. Which apparently these days is LED bulbs and strobe light kits.
hmmm...i'm not the most automotively inclined so let me see if i understood all this by asking some more questions, lol! which of these items will require me to bake my headlight housing & take it apart in order for me to make them fit? i know you said it should work nicely, but then you mentioned something about using my own shroud? i'm really not trying to bake & take apart anything; i just want to take out my halogens & put something else in with little to no extra work. (i know i'm lazy, lol!) i know my xD headlight housing is pretty big & it uses a H4/9003 bulb. I really like the G3 because i was told it has a wider beam spread compared to the G1 & they both have the halo. does the morimoto have the halo? also, the morimoto uses a H1 bulb size. the xD uses H4, does this matter? last one, since my bulbs are H4, they all come in a d2s setup, will this be a problem because these being projectors?
Old 06-13-2010, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dscatto
hmmm...i'm not the most automotively inclined so let me see if i understood all this by asking some more questions, lol! which of these items will require me to bake my headlight housing & take it apart in order for me to make them fit? i know you said it should work nicely, but then you mentioned something about using my own shroud? i'm really not trying to bake & take apart anything; i just want to take out my halogens & put something else in with little to no extra work. (i know i'm lazy, lol!) i know my xD headlight housing is pretty big & it uses a H4/9003 bulb. I really like the G3 because i was told it has a wider beam spread compared to the G1 & they both have the halo. does the morimoto have the halo? also, the morimoto uses a H1 bulb size. the xD uses H4, does this matter? last one, since my bulbs are H4, they all come in a d2s setup, will this be a problem because these being projectors?
Anything on the retrofitting level deserves to have lots of questions answered, so don't worry about that part

Q1) which of these items will require me to bake my headlight housing & take it apart in order for me to make them fit?
A1) All of them will require you to bake apart your headlights in order to install the projectors themselves.

Q2) i know you said it should work nicely, but then you mentioned something about using my own shroud?
A2) The changing of the shrouds on the G1 and G3 projectors has been a common question. It sounds like you're looking for the simplest installation, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Q3) i'm really not trying to bake & take apart anything; i just want to take out my halogens & put something else in with little to no extra work.
A3) Welp, hate to say this, but that completely eliminates any projector kit out of the equation. You're best solution then is a plug-and-play HID kit.

Q4) Does the morimoto have the halo?
A4) No sir. Although you could attach one to a shroud, and subsequently attach the shroud to the projector itself. So it's completely doable.

Q5) the morimoto uses a H1 bulb size. the xD uses H4, does this matter?
A5) Technically no, because when you switch to a Morimoto projector you physically change what bulb is required. We could get together a relay harness so that it matches up with the vehicle.

Quick Reply: < < < HID Plug and Play Kits $100 SHIPPED OVERNIGHT