Notices
Exclusive Sponsored Sales site sponsors with special deals...

< < < HID Plug and Play Kits $100 SHIPPED OVERNIGHT

Old 03-06-2007, 11:48 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

all pm's replied too
Old 03-06-2007, 11:53 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just a heads up to everyone, when you order follow the instructions I give you. If you don't, it slows down the process of us getting the kit to you as fast as possible.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can I put these on my 2007 Camry??
Old 03-06-2007, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Is it safe to assume that these fit/work in the tC OEM fog light (9006) setup?
Old 03-07-2007, 12:45 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just thought about this. Why do I lose hi beams if I only get a single xenon kit. How is the hi beam controlled? I thought when you turn your hi beams on, all it does it redirect the same light because it's using the same bulb. I thought that the bulb burns the same amount of light and the reflector just shifts so that light emits differently. So if I got a single xenon kit, wouldn't this be the same thing? Do I really need to get bi-xenons to keep my hi beams? Can someone answer this please. I'm so confused.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is all covered in the thread, but here goes again....

OEM - the xA and xB use a single bulb per side, but with two filaments in each one a 55w low beam and a 60w high beam. If you do not get a HID kit that is either bi-xenon or "high low" then you will have nothing when you flip to high beams and you can't "flash" someone. The bi-xenons sold in this thread come with 2 "bulbs" per side and 2 ballasts per side (4 total) so you have high and low beams. As it was exlained to me, the "bulb" connected to the high beam is set farther back than the low beam, which causes it to have a different (higher) beam pattern. Other bi-xenon lights use a single "bulb" per side and a single ballast per side (two total) but use a servo motor to move the bulb assembly "back" for high beam and "forward" for low beam. This shift of the bulb has about the same effect as the 4 ballast bi-xenon system, but with two fewer ballasts to have to mount - but the added complexity and point of failure of the servo motor. They have have 0 start up warm up time when going from high to low to high. The 4 ballast bi-xenon has a bit of a delay the first time you flash to high beam if the "bulb" is cold. Once it has heated up, there is not much delay from online movies I have seen - but still not as crisp as the servo motor bi-xenon. The high-low system has a single HID capsule with a small halogen "high beam" next to it. The halogen is way too weak to drive the car by, but does allow you to "flash" folks with your "high beams".

A single xenon kit with no high-low halogen bulb = no high beams at all. Now, the light output of most kits will match or exceed the high beam halogen output you have now (by a LOT if you are using "blue" bulbs now) but no way to flash and no high beams at all. Some folks find they have to aim their HID equipped lights lower than normal to prevent dazzling on coming drivers, so in some cases a single HID kit may not see as far down the road as you can with the OEM halogens in the car. Folks buying these kits report that they are getting good light output and few cases of being flashed - so you may be OK with a single xenon kit. You can't beat the price for a single kit with a harness and relay - so not having EVERYTHING you want may be acceptable

Dennis
Old 03-07-2007, 01:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Does anyone know who makes these kits?
There's lots of them on the market now, and I'd like to know where they come from?
Old 03-07-2007, 01:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

good product! good deal for HID's....thanx again for the sales!!! will be buying more
Old 03-07-2007, 02:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The kits are made by Car Light International Illumination in Germany
Old 03-07-2007, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

took me a while to take a picture but here it is guys!

lol sorry i have to show off them demon eyes i have
Old 03-07-2007, 06:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What parking light bulbs would match the color of these 6,000K HIDs when lit but are clear or chrome when off? I'll post pictures of mine this weekend!
Old 03-07-2007, 08:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I installed these tonight. Seemed really easy, but I am getting no output from the bulbs

Here are the connections:

This picture shows a black cap in between the two plugs.

This side does not have a black cap.

Any suggestions as to what I did wrong?
Old 03-07-2007, 12:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Make sure all connections are nice and tight.
Double check to make sure you are making a good ground. That is the most common problem.
Make sure the red wire going to your battery is nice and tight.

If all else fails, flip the headlight socket, some cars need it the otherway around.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Originally Posted by heyitzdrahcir
I just thought about this. Why do I lose hi beams if I only get a single xenon kit. How is the hi beam controlled? I thought when you turn your hi beams on, all it does it redirect the same light because it's using the same bulb. I thought that the bulb burns the same amount of light and the reflector just shifts so that light emits differently. So if I got a single xenon kit, wouldn't this be the same thing? Do I really need to get bi-xenons to keep my hi beams? Can someone answer this please. I'm so confused.
Just so you're aware, I was also in the same scenario, I have an xB and did want to pay double for the bi-xenon kit. Rest assured, unless you really, really like flashing people, you're not going to miss your high beam. The output is significantly increased and it's even better when there are no street lights (which would be the other common time to use the highs). I did have to aim mine down but you don't really need to see stop signs a 1/4 mile away, do you? I've had no reason to use my highs since I've installed my kit, and I've taken forest preserve roads to make sure the output is enough.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Money sent operatic. Can't wait till I get my kit!!! : )
Old 03-07-2007, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

you still get high beams if you install the single hid in the sonar projectors correct?
Old 03-07-2007, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Quadruple checked all of the connections, still no light. I grounded it to the bolt that was in the picture several pages back. Where is everyone grounding their kit?
Old 03-07-2007, 11:47 PM
5 Year Member
CinSity Scions
SL Member

do u sell a kit for a 95 maxima?
Old 03-08-2007, 12:30 AM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TTURedRaider311
Quadruple checked all of the connections, still no light. I grounded it to the bolt that was in the picture several pages back. Where is everyone grounding their kit?
I did on the silver bolt on the radiator frame. The picture I posted a while ago had it in red circles. Check the fuses that are on the relay harness to make sure they didn't pop from a current surge and then check the fuses in the dash that run the headlight switch.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Well, I took the kit out and put the stock bulbs back in and they work fine, so it can't be a problem with a fuse in the dash. I looked at the three fuses that were inline and they were not blown either.

I have mine grounded on the radiator frame as well. I don't know what else to do... I don't really want to spend money on having someone install them professionally...

Quick Reply: < < < HID Plug and Play Kits $100 SHIPPED OVERNIGHT