Notices
Exclusive Sponsored Sales site sponsors with special deals...

< < < HID Plug and Play Kits $100 SHIPPED OVERNIGHT

Old 07-13-2007, 11:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

GREAT Service.. ordered wednesday recieved friday.. i put them on in like 20 mins literally and looks nice altho it was daylight.. cant wait till night.. Thanks..
Old 07-14-2007, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool, lets get some pics of them ;) Oh, ADR did you get yours yet man!?!?
Old 07-14-2007, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

it says out for delivery.. at like 802 am.. and im PST so its about 5in the afternoon. . dude what the dilly.. lol.. its ok its daytime anyway.. no fun with HIDs till night ahhaa ill definately post pics tonight though

YAY FOR STAYING HOME ON FRIDAYS!!! hahaaha
Old 07-14-2007, 12:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hell yeah!!! Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow before VIP Oh, well, how much you wanna bet your like his last stop on his truck just b/c your waiting on them
Old 07-14-2007, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

sadly i wouldnt be surprised... hahahaa... just cause i usually ship using USPS not UPS.. lol HEARTLESS I TELL YOU.. lol
Old 07-14-2007, 01:46 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

pm'd everyone back
Old 07-14-2007, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

ok installed and for the most part it looks HELLA NICE!!!!!!!!! will take pics later..
Old 07-14-2007, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ADRdesignCo
for the most part it looks HELLA NICE!!!!!!!!!
What parts don't look nice?
Old 07-14-2007, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My install pics.

Close up of the bolt in the miscellaneous bracket that was just sitting there below the ABS system:

Overview of that mount:

Mount where the stock intake use to be:

Overview of driver side:

Overview of passenger side:

I zip-tied all the cables to existing things so they're not laying around in the eng. bay and create possible fire hazards lol.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i have to find a new spot for the passenger side ballast.. i double side taped it down, but i dont feel safe with it.. know any good spots?

oh yeah and i have to clean up some of the wiring once i find my loom cover things.. lol
Old 07-14-2007, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

just seeing your post i might do the same with the ABS bolt.. i saw it but i was too lazy . prolly later tonight and what not ill take some install pics too.. IRONICALLY im even wearing my SL shirt.. lol.. ok i thought it was cool that i was . hahaha ...
Old 07-14-2007, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL nice, i wanna shirt Any, no that is not the ABS bolt! The bolt is the gold thing you see in the second pic by the washer container. I took that off with no problem but the bolt is too big for the hole in the ballast bracket. Unless you have a drill and bit to make it bigger it wont work. When you look in that area look at the white grab handle for the ABS wire harness, right under it pointing towards the exhaust manifold was a black bracket and at the end of it there is a screw hole...but there is nothing screwed in there so I don't know why its there but it sure made it easy to mount that thing. You will have to work with it some and push down on the bolt until it starts threading into the hole from the position its at but it is doable! Let me know if you have more questions about it.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i know its late but i finally have some pics up. thanks operatic for the HIDs and amd for the tips here ya go!

i have the stock intake and an alarm there so i kinda had to wing it.. its actually pretty snug there with 2x sided tape...

this is a dark pic but you get the idea, i acually used the ABS bolt to lock it down. and as amd said, you do have to drill to make the hole a little bit bigger to fit.

and of course the distance and "cutoff" shots...

and just for fun...

in all honestly these things are SUPER BRIGHT!!! but i love them still :D. glare isnt too bad i think, but mind you that i am dropped on HTechs on the stock rims. overall and simply... im loving it :D
Old 07-14-2007, 12:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looking beautiful man!
Old 07-14-2007, 05:25 PM

sooo...I installed my kit last night...I instantly fell in love. But now Im looking for some help. After driving around for a bit and turning the car on and off a few times, one of the bulbs no longer ignites. I tried swapping the bulbs with each other and they both work so its definitely not the bulb. I'm going to try swapping the wiring when I get home tonight, but I definitely think the ballast is shot. Does this sound likely, I mean it just stopped working, and I definitely installed everything correctly because it was working for a while. Any suggestions?
Old 07-14-2007, 06:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well before you say the ballast is shot, just look at the fuses. In that jumble of a harness there are two boxes, one is blackish, the other is yellow and looks like there are three sections to it. Each section has a fuze, two of them are the same amp and the other one is a like 3times bigger I think. So like 2x10amp and 1x30amp or something like that, check those fuzes and see if one of them blew first. I would assume that it would be one of the ones of the "2x10amp" group since one works the other doesn't, and both fuses have the same color wires running to them, but I didn't design the harness but it sounds like it may be that.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by amdforever
Well before you say the ballast is shot, just look at the fuses. In that jumble of a harness there are two boxes, one is blackish, the other is yellow and looks like there are three sections to it. Each section has a fuze, two of them are the same amp and the other one is a like 3times bigger I think. So like 2x10amp and 1x30amp or something like that, check those fuzes and see if one of them blew first. I would assume that it would be one of the ones of the "2x10amp" group since one works the other doesn't, and both fuses have the same color wires running to them, but I didn't design the harness but it sounds like it may be that.
Ha yea, I should have mentioned that the fuses was one of the first things I checked after the bulbs...all of them are still good.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by djnik26
sooo...I installed my kit last night...I instantly fell in love. But now Im looking for some help. After driving around for a bit and turning the car on and off a few times, one of the bulbs no longer ignites. I tried swapping the bulbs with each other and they both work so its definitely not the bulb. I'm going to try swapping the wiring when I get home tonight, but I definitely think the ballast is shot. Does this sound likely, I mean it just stopped working, and I definitely installed everything correctly because it was working for a while. Any suggestions?
Sounds like your Ballast, I sent you a PM
Old 07-14-2007, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member

So how much would 6000K in H11 cost? Also do you have 9007 4300K in single for $140 or do they only come in bi-xenon for $280? I already have HID's in my scion, but now I want them in two of my other vehicles...lol.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Pirranha
So how much would 6000K in H11 cost? Also do you have 9007 4300K in single for $140 or do they only come in bi-xenon for $280? I already have HID's in my scion, but now I want them in two of my other vehicles...lol.
H11 - 6000k kit would be $140 shipped and we do carry 9007 in 4300k in single xenon for $140 shipped. I sent you a PM also

Quick Reply: < < < HID Plug and Play Kits $100 SHIPPED OVERNIGHT