Notices
Exclusive Sponsored Sales site sponsors with special deals...

< < < HID Plug and Play Kits $100 SHIPPED OVERNIGHT

Old 03-21-2007, 05:07 AM
ong
5 Year Member
SL Member

where is it made from (brand and country)???.....do you still have h3 6000k ????.....thank's
Old 03-21-2007, 12:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

pm'd everyone back
Old 03-21-2007, 12:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

woot! :D i should have my kit tomorrow :D
Old 03-21-2007, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can't wait to get these in today. I'm anticipating installing them. Operatic, what time does UPS usually deliver by? Do you have to be home to receive them or do they drop it off at the door?
Old 03-21-2007, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default projectors?

Originally Posted by Jehoo
Oh they're really bright. I tried being a little responsible by pointing the lights down on the road and not to oncoming traffic. I'd say that's SOP for putting HIDs in reflective headlight housings. :D

i haven't gone through all the pages so if this is answered i apologize... but someone mentioned something to me about projectors? in addition to a HIDs kit i guess, having projectors to make sure other drivers aren't blinded.

any input from you guys?

[sorry! trying to figure it out you know.]
Old 03-21-2007, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default bulbs??

SORRY!!!

another question. someone suggested i just get silverstar [?] bulbs and switch em out with the bulbs i have now.

input?

again.. sooooo sorry! love you guys!!!!
Old 03-21-2007, 04:22 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Projectors will help the cut off and cut down on excess glare. Our stock housings aren't really that prone to glare anyways. Just aim the left one down a bit and you'll be fine. Just remember: Aftermarket housings will require a different style bulb. 9006 is stock and aftermarket will be something like H3 or something like that. NOT interchangeable.

If you want projectors, get them first and THEN get the HIDs. If not, stock housings will be fine. Just aim the driver's side down a bit.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:23 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: bulbs??

Originally Posted by irideinstyle
SORRY!!!

another question. someone suggested i just get silverstar [?] bulbs and switch em out with the bulbs i have now.

input?

again.. sooooo sorry! love you guys!!!!

Silverstars will have absolutely no comparison to HIDs. They are ok for your highbeams (which you'll never end up using really) and even then, they will be much dimmer than your stock HIDs.

HIDs FTW
Old 03-21-2007, 05:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why aim the driver's side down? Why not the passenger side? The passenger side is the one with all the flaring that glares to the right. I think you should align your headlights perfectly parallel to the ground first and then notch them down just a tad and you should be good. I did that an no one has flashed me with my silverstars. My friend did that with his HIDs and no one has flashed him.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:38 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by heyitzdrahcir
Why aim the driver's side down? Why not the passenger side? The passenger side is the one with all the flaring that glares to the right. I think you should align your headlights perfectly parallel to the ground first and then notch them down just a tad and you should be good. I did that an no one has flashed me with my silverstars. My friend did that with his HIDs and no one has flashed him.
All headlights are designed to aim off to the right. You are supposed to be able to see more of the shoulder off to the right than off to the left.

If you aim the right one down, you'll lose a lot of vision directly in front of you. Aiming the LEFT one keeps it out of the eyes of on coming traffic.

Perfectly level is not able to be done. ALL HEADLIGHTS are aimed to a certain degree off to the right side of the road. It may seem perfectly level when you align it, but your lights are actually aiming to the right side of the road.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:40 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh, I've been flashed 1 time PRIOR to aiming my left light down. My right light is slightly higher than stock......both "seem" level against a wall from 20 feet away, but from 50+ feet, the right side travels along the road further giving me more vision ahead and not blinding oncoming traffic.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Hey im interested PM me back on how to order..
Old 03-21-2007, 06:43 PM
5 Year Member

i just got these lights yesterday and I drove to school with them and I absolutely love them! nobody in my school has HID lights.
I've been noticing some things tho.
You can turn on your light w/o powering up your car.
also, I noticed something werid when I turn on my lights. first, they flash brightly, then dim out, then starts to get brighter again. Is this normal or some wires are lose?
Old 03-21-2007, 06:50 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jingbo
i just got these lights yesterday and I drove to school with them and I absolutely love them! nobody in my school has HID lights.
I've been noticing some things tho.
You can turn on your light w/o powering up your car.
also, I noticed something werid when I turn on my lights. first, they flash brightly, then dim out, then starts to get brighter again. Is this normal or some wires are lose?
Yes, b/c they are hooked directly to the battery, they can be turned on without the car being on. Although, I don't remember the stock setup being any different.

They have a charge cylce. They will kick on full power, dim down to allow the current to flow throught he ballasts, and then slowly come up to full brightness when the ballasts are fully powered.

NORMAL
Old 03-21-2007, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks once again Web, holdin' down the fort while I am away.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just installed them. It's day time but so far I love them. They're bright, but what do I know. I was in my garage. I can't wait for tonight when I get out of work and watch them charge up for real. But as I was testing them out and testing out the hi beam (got them reversed on the driver's side the first time), I noticed that I fully charged all the ballasts and then when I switch in between hi and lo, on either side, sometimes it starts to charge up again. Like one side goes back to full power while the other is like half powered and powers up again after half a second. Should I be worried or is that a normal thing? Other than that they seem fine. Not much glare as far as I can see, but I'll be driving around tonight and aiming them once it's dark.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: bulbs??

Originally Posted by irideinstyle
In tests "by a leading consumer magazine" the SilverStar and other "white" bulbs were found to put out LESS light than new OEM bulbs in every application - except for one (one GE bulb produce more light in one fitment). The SS bulbs may be whiter or bluer than OEM bulbs but are not putting out a lot more light than a NEW OEM bulb.

HID bulbs in the 4,000k-5,000k color range will put out a little more light than most OEM HIGH BEAMS and a good bit more light than OEM LOW BEAMS.

The trouble is controlling and directing the light - you are likely to lose some distance in a single bulb replacement headlights (like the xB) with single HID kits - since you have to lower the aiming point and you have no high beam. So the net effect is brighter light, but MAYBE less distance. If you have a quad light car (tC?) and just replace the low beams then you still have your high beams- or on the xB you can opt for the dual HID kit and get a little more range to the beam than the single kit.

The perfect solution is a OEM retrofit - where you make some OEM HID projector headlights (like from a BMW, Audi, etc) work in your car, that can be a lot of work and money - for sure a lot more money than the $140 delivered for a single HID kit as in this thread.

Dennis
Old 03-21-2007, 09:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

bump for me gettin my custom yellows tomorrow :D
Old 03-21-2007, 11:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Hey Dave, post pics when you get them installed. I would like to get a deep golden yellow HID kit.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

will do. pat we should meet up sometime again if you have a camera to take pics cus i dont have a camera

Quick Reply: < < < HID Plug and Play Kits $100 SHIPPED OVERNIGHT