Notices
Introduction Forum

We pride ourselves on being a welcoming community we are happy to see you here and we want to get you talking to us, start here by telling us about you and your Scion.
*PLEASE DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS SECTION*

1FastIQ Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 09:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default 1FastIQ Introduction

Purchased new 2014 Black IQ on March 20, 2014. Previously owned 28 cars ('68 Corvette, '67 XKE, Austin-Healey 100, '65 Impala, '63 Avanti, '74 Excalibur, '62 Thunderbird Sport Roadster, custom '72 AMC Gremlin 401-XR, '55 Studebaker Speedster, '87 Dodge Caravan, etc.), this IQ is absolutely the best of the bunch! Rebuilt '79 Harley XLCH Sportster over 18 years at a cost of $28,000+.
Biography 72, divorced, 2 kids (son is Adrian Van Anz of Derringer Cycles fame & daughter has MBA from Harvard), born in TX but spent 26 years in Los Angeles, UT graduate, was MGM Grand Hotel Reno supervising Architect.
Location Dallas, TX
Interests Kids, grandkids, cars, motorcycles
Occupation Retired Architect
Old 05-17-2014, 11:34 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Pleasure hearing from you 1FastIQ. Make sure to add some pictures of your car to the Gallery and checkout our current photos while you're at it
Old 05-18-2014, 01:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hi Jon, I have posted a message in the IQ "Interiors" forum under the heading of "Custom Shift ****". I would now like to add two photos of my own shift **** to that message from my Photobucket library photos. Exactly how do I do that on this site, or how can I send them directly from my computer's "pictures" library?
Old 05-18-2014, 04:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmmmm.. Your screen name is an oxymoron. Welcome to the forum, are you adding some sort of forced induction to the iQ, or is it already boosted?

What kind of work was done to that harley to make it a $28k bike? Complete restoration? I have a CBR1kRR that makes more HP than most of the cars on this site 178hp dyno'd, 194mph GPS verified. Erion racing full exhaust (carbon pipe), PC5 (tuned by Attack Performance), Bazaaz Z-bomb, Magical Racing carbon body work (painted) - precision fit. HRC internals. No "bling" parts. Complete beast - scary fast, and I still ride it to the office.

I think there are pics up of it on here, with my honda RC51 1000r - (v-twin sport bike). Certainly not as fast as my CBR1kRR, but a very unique v-twin. Amazing sound on those RC's.

Anyways welcome, enjoy the site!
Old 05-18-2014, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Having just purchased my IQ, it's basically stock at this point, but I'm now considering my options. When purchased as a father & son project in '95, the Harley had supposedly been sitting for 5 years. The initial idea was to get it running asap and see if my son really wanted to keep it. The next day he decided that he wanted to totally rebuild it first. We thus took it down to the case halves and then put it all back together with new, chromed, polished or powder coated parts. The cost just added up over time and the mildly custom bike sat on the stand for years at a time during the process. In the meantime, he grew up and purchased numerous sport bikes, a Mike Hailwood Ducati, since sold, among them. I'll post some pics of the Harley after I figure out how to do that on this site.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool, I would certainly like to see pictures of some of the cars and bikes. I have had a good amount of bikes myself (riding dirt since 5, street since 16) - I have had all Japanese bikes - Yamaha and Honda dirtbikes, Yamaha ATV's (Blaster, Warrior and Raptor), my first street bike was a Honda VFR interceptor, then a Ninja 500ex, Suzuki GSXR600, Ninja 636, YZF600 and then I got back into Hondas - CBR929rr, RC51r, and CBR1000rr. I actually want to get a CBR250r, just because it's a mini-version of my CBR1kRR, and I could wring the hell out of it on the streets, and not really be breaking the speed limits.. My CBR1Krr will do highway speeds in first gear, so while its a blast to speed around, I have to admit, its certainly overkill - its bringing a bazooka to a gun fight. Kinda like its fun to have a slow car that you drive fast and use 100% of its potential, versus an exotic that you cant use 3/10's its potential on the street and you can really only unleash it at the track.

I am not sure how to "add" pictures to Scionlife's photo album thing, BUT I can help you with posting pictures in your thread.

Basically, go to photobucket.com and if you select a picture, there should be like 4 "options" when you see your pictures. Click on the picture you want to post. The last choice says: "IMG", its over in the right hand side. Copy and paste that IMG section.. it should look like this:

IMG]http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll255/DSC08079.jpg[/IMG

Now, I had to remove the "[" in the front, and the "]" in the back of that link, or else it would of posted a picture, and you would not see the sample link.

You can post like 6 pics in each "post" you make, so if you want to add like 10 pictures, you have to make 2 posts I think.

I hope that makes sense. If you need more help just let me know.

Last edited by torqueTc; 05-19-2014 at 04:06 AM.
Old 05-20-2014, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Welcome to the board.

thanks haeffnkr