Notices
Introduction Forum

We pride ourselves on being a welcoming community we are happy to see you here and we want to get you talking to us, start here by telling us about you and your Scion.
*PLEASE DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS SECTION*

2005 Scion tC New Owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2020, 11:08 PM
SL Member

Default 2005 Scion tC New Owner

Hi I'm here to pick all your genius brains. Ive got a 2005 Scion tC that I bought off a lot with a 2 year old tranny. I thought cool. Saves me money long term. Toyota engine will last forever. The car said SIKE! Rookie 1st time car buyer mistake. Engine ____ the bed 1st week i got it. No lemon laws in my state.
Now I'm having a new engine dropped in from JDM and saved some dough buying it directly and having a trust worthy mechanic do it. So, it's a week away from coming back and I want to fix her up so here I am. You guys have such nice cars and so much knowledge I know I'm at the right place.
I should note that all my car knowledge is from texts and mostly YouTube.

Lmao. Cheers!

Might as well marry this car cuz shes taking up my money

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 10-02-2020 at 04:32 AM.
Old 10-02-2020, 01:09 AM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Pleasure hearing from you waziwuzi. Make sure to add some pictures of your car to the Gallery and checkout our current photos while you're at it
Old 10-02-2020, 04:36 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Hello waziwuzi! Welcome to SL!

Looking forward to see you in:

Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge

Please Check out the informative Stickys above in the Header of this Forum HERE.

Sticky Where to Post Your Question

Sticky How To Advanced Search SL (Scion Life)

MR_LUV
Administrator

Old 10-02-2020, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Welcome man, sucks about the engine. Hopefully the new one will last you a while.
Old 10-03-2020, 04:29 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jon
Pleasure hearing from you waziwuzi. Make sure to add some pictures of your car to the Gallery and checkout our current photos while you're at it
Thank you! More on the way.
Old 10-03-2020, 04:30 PM
SL Member

Smile

Originally Posted by MR_LUV
Hello waziwuzi! Welcome to SL!

Looking forward to see you in:

Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge

Please Check out the informative Stickys above in the Header of this Forum HERE.

Sticky Where to Post Your Question

Sticky How To Advanced Search SL (Scion Life)

MR_LUV
Administrator

Old 10-03-2020, 04:31 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by drizzoh
Welcome man, sucks about the engine. Hopefully the new one will last you a while.
Oh yeah brother! I hope so too. Looking forward to working on it more.
Old 10-13-2020, 08:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Hello and welcome on board! Great to have you here and congratulations on your purchase. Lots of know legible and friendly folks here as well as informative and insightful discussion threads. Enjoy your time here!
Old 10-14-2020, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice color. Very sharp.
Old 12-31-2020, 08:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Same year as mine

Welcome! Sorry to hear about the engine. Do you have an update on the engine install?

Most likely whoever had it previously did not take care of the engine with at least basic oil changes. I have the same year and over 300,000 miles on her. Sadly our engines even with the 2005-2006 years burn oil and was only acknowledged by Toyota officially starting with 2007-up 1st gen model years with the recall. The oil burn has increased over time with the large mileage she has which is normal for such a high mileage. But it's manageable for me and I just check her oil every week or so and top off. I've also been running her with conventional oil this whole time. Really no need for synthetics as long as you do your oil changes on time. I'll drive her until I hear that tell tale sound of a rod bearing knocking or some other sound. And then I'll either rebuild, new motor or low mileage used JDM motor. The only moderate repairs so far have been replacing the injectors at just over 200,000 miles. I've replaced the starter and alternator once each which is normal wear and tear parts. For me if a car can keep it's engine and transmission going for a very long time with scheduled maintenance then I consider it a good reliable car.

Hope everything is going well with your car now.

Originally Posted by waziwuzi
Hi I'm here to pick all your genius brains. Ive got a 2005 Scion tC that I bought off a lot with a 2 year old tranny. I thought cool. Saves me money long term. Toyota engine will last forever. The car said SIKE! Rookie 1st time car buyer mistake. Engine ____ the bed 1st week i got it. No lemon laws in my state.
Now I'm having a new engine dropped in from JDM and saved some dough buying it directly and having a trust worthy mechanic do it. So, it's a week away from coming back and I want to fix her up so here I am. You guys have such nice cars and so much knowledge I know I'm at the right place.
I should note that all my car knowledge is from texts and mostly YouTube.

Lmao. Cheers!

Might as well marry this car cuz shes taking up my money

____
Old 01-06-2021, 08:00 PM
SL Member

Im calling it fellas. I have done all I can but she just won't stop tugging at my pockets. I'm done with this gold digging biach. Im getting me a new girl boyz! 2020 brz fk it. Im going in Monday to sign my life away for my new wife. She's gonna treat me better than the 1st one I hope. It might be a 1 sided relationship but I just want a girl that can hang and not break up too soon into me working her gears. Cheers to all you guys and ill be back if my finance get approved. If not. Ill be back to moan about how my wife won't leave me hahahaha