Notices
Introduction Forum

We pride ourselves on being a welcoming community we are happy to see you here and we want to get you talking to us, start here by telling us about you and your Scion.
*PLEASE DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS SECTION*

Hello from IL

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Kik
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Hello from IL

So , I'm 50 years old...LOL My son bought a used 05 Scion tC last year and now he can't afford to pay for it. So I'm stuck with it. Yes I said Stuck with it. He drove the heck out of the car and never put a dime into it for maintenance, Yet he sure had a killer stereo. So Now that the wife says I have to drive this thing I'm hoping that all you good folks will help me get it back into operating condition. This thing has the suspension sitting on the ground, it has some kind of big old fat muffler that goes whaaa whaaa whaaa, has some sort of rubber band tires that are about bald, Has a bad Cat on it, the one that is attached to the exhaust manifold #1 I guess. Has some sort of HID lights that only let you see about 5 feet in front of the car and I bet I could keep going but, You'll see me in the technical forums a lot and asking questions as I normally drive Cadillacs or other bigger cars and This is a learning experience for me. Thank you.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Recline the seat back a couple extra clicks, left hand on the steering wheel at 12:00, right hand free to flash a peace sign, ball cap turn to apx 22 degrees and nod your head slightly to the music.

That the kinda help you need or do I need to reread post?

Ohh...cruical side note, do not drive by schools while performing the above mention g moves as you are just old enough to be considered a creeper instead of hip...its all about location and timing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-06-2013, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I say you make him man up and deal with his problem.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Welcome to the site Kik, thanks for joining us!
Old 02-07-2013, 12:54 PM
Kik
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by LSBoogie
Recline the seat back a couple extra clicks, left hand on the steering wheel at 12:00, right hand free to flash a peace sign, ball cap turn to apx 22 degrees and nod your head slightly to the music.

That the kinda help you need or do I need to reread post?

Ohh...cruical side note, do not drive by schools while performing the above mention g moves as you are just old enough to be considered a creeper instead of hip...its all about location and timing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

No not much help at all....I'm no creeper, I prefer mine at least 21 or older...LOL and to tell me to recline and do the south side lean is about as helpful as one of the kids at work telling me to put it on a 4x4 frame and make it a mudder truck.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Kik
5 Year Member
SL Member

TheQuietThings, Jon, Thanks for the welcome, I wanted to make him pay and learn, but the wife co-signed the loan and if you're married, you know what that means. Anyway, there are problems but the darn thing fires every time you hit the key so it might just turn out to be a pretty dependable little car.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL. Was just messing with ya. I would recommend finding the IL regional section, post up about what aftermarket parts are on the car that you want to get rid of. If you are willing, I'm sure you'd be able to find some guys that would gladly swap you factory for aftermarket (springs and exhaust wise) and even do the swap for you. Wheels/tires probably the same way, might be able to trade someone their factory wheels with some decent tires for your aftermarket wheels (i'm assuming they aren't the factory wheels on there) with worn out tires.

If you get the ride height, exhaust and tire thing handled I'd like to think you'd have a very dependable lil commuter for yourself.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:10 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

welcome; where in illinois? i might be able to help some since i live in ill
Old 02-18-2013, 09:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

welcome!
Old 02-19-2013, 05:01 PM
Kik
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by GQQSE13
welcome; where in illinois? i might be able to help some since i live in ill
I live in the NW subs of Chicago.

I just put new rubber on the car, the rims have been curbed a lot and bent but they'll have to wait awhile, Just ordered the new Manifold / cat for the car, it will take a few days to come in, I finally got the new Alarm FOBs and got those programed yesterday. The headlights are adjusted properly now but being that they are tinted lenses and the HID's in there are only 8k's, I think I either need to get clear lens housings or brighter HID's. Everything is coming together, but slowly, I am ordering a new fender for it, that should be here with in the week also.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:31 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you need to host an uninstall, fix my car party (aka gtg)