Notices
Introduction Forum

We pride ourselves on being a welcoming community we are happy to see you here and we want to get you talking to us, start here by telling us about you and your Scion.
*PLEASE DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS SECTION*

Jumped in the Box

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 08:23 PM

Default Jumped in the Box

Hey what's up

Just picked up a '12 Army Rock xB last night. Excited to see how well it performs over the next couple of years.
Went to the dealer asking for something capable of towing a trailer/motorcycle combo since I plan on hitting the track a couple times per season. The salesmen recommended a Rav4 and the xB.

Kind of strange he recommended the xB since it's stated in the OM that the vehicle should not be used for towing. Oh well, decided to skip the $599 hitch install at the dealership and I'm eye-ballin' a class 1 for about $96+$50 for the wiring kit.

I found the install video from e-trailer on both the hitch and wiring kit. Looks simple enough, but if I run into snags I'll post up in another thread.

Other ideas I've had for modification: Black out the stock hub caps with some plasti dip black and gloss. I'm going to try to leave the center Scion icon untouched by the black as I think the chrome-look will really stand out when it's surrounded by black and not the standard grey. Also, want to get a spoiler put on, probably do this myself as well. Unsure about color - probably go matte-black or a matte-carbon fiber look.

Other than that, programmed the welcome message to "Boxy Brown" lol

I look forward to reading some tech tips and learning more about my new xB!

Thanks for reading!
Old 03-02-2013, 12:08 AM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Welcome, j_baxter07! Make sure to browse the forum for more info about your car and feel free to post any specific questions you have about your vehicle in the tech sections.