Notices
Introduction Forum

We pride ourselves on being a welcoming community we are happy to see you here and we want to get you talking to us, start here by telling us about you and your Scion.
*PLEASE DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS SECTION*

New Member - Scion xB rs 8.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 04:59 AM

Default New Member - Scion xB rs 8.0

Hey everyone,

I'll try to be brief and concise; my name is Jordan, and I am finally the owner of a Scion vehicle, which has been both a dream, and an item to check off of my bucket-list (laugable to so many, but f*** 'em--I finally have something in my life that I've wanted since my preteen childhood, and acquired it on my own after withstanding disregard, mockery, and dissuasive pressure to pursue something different, by not only my peers, but mostly my father, who's profession entails superhuman (to my standards) knowledge and capabilities in the mechanical field as well as owning a private and personal auto garage to work in (complete with hydraulic car lifts, welding rigs, and overhead crane systems). But after standing by my initial, genuine feelings and desires towards owning a Scion for over a decade, and maintaining and driving my very first car (Red 2003 Olds Alero) from the age of 15 when I received it on my birthday, until I sold it to a co-worker three months ago, not long after celebrating my 25th birthday, I was greeted with absolute support from all who knew me well enough over the years to know I've always had a crush on Scion, including the prickish walker Texas ranger doppelgänger that is my father.

I kid.

Now here I am with an xB RS 8.0 #948, and I'm in awe for the first time with the thought of what could-be, in terms of a vehicle. Right off the bat I've had smaller projects and repairs completed, slight upgrades and whatnot, but I'm new to having such a vested interest in auto mechanics and customization, as I've never had a proper easel to paint my ideas on. Now I do, and I sincerely hope that the community that is Scion enthusiasts, is still strong, and as kind-natured and Diy oriented as it's reputation states, and in past posts I've read. Hope this is acceptable as introductory; I figured I'd do an opinion piece later, fully detailing why I fell in love with Scion to begin with as a kid who wasn't even old enough for a learner's permit, and why I still love them now.

I'll be asking a lot of questions, I'm sure. Asking questions is kind of the main reason i'm finally joining and participating in an active forum to begin with, not so much to show off my wheels, but I look forward to both and I hope to finally meet some other Scion owners as passionate for their vehicle(s) as I am! 🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼

Cheers!
Jt
Old 05-04-2016, 09:09 AM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Great to hear from you Audioslaughter! Welcome
Old 05-05-2016, 09:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase, it's great when dreams come true. Post up some pics for us and feel free to ask away all the questions you have in mind! Tons of info here for you, have fun!
Old 05-07-2016, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member

Welcome JT!! So happy for you.
May you enjoy your super cool blue xB for a very long time.

We're the same age lol