Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

anyone heard of rejex?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 12:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default anyone heard of rejex?

I recently bought this wax called rejex off a friend's suggestion. Anyone heard of it/use it?
Old 08-31-2005, 01:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why would you buy it first, *then* ask how good it is?
Old 08-31-2005, 01:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Googled it:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPACE AGE PROTECTION FOR YOUR CAR, TRUCK, BOAT, RV, AIRPLANE & MOTORCYCLE
RejeX is a thin-film polymer coating designed to provide a high-release surface. This very thin film – less than a micron thick – prevents stains and adhesion of common contaminants such as exhaust, bugs, oil, tree sap, bird droppings, road grime, brake dust, etc. It also makes graffiti easy to remove and can be applied to windshields to repel rain. It’s easy to apply and produces a deep, lustrous shine that outlasts the most popular waxes by months.

RejeX contains none of the free silicone oils found in some other products that are known to contaminate paint and cause problems when repainting.

APPLICATION
RejeX should be applied to a cool (less than 85° F) dry surface out of direct sunlight. If the surface is too hot, the coating will cure before it has properly bonded to the surface, and it won’t perform up to its potential. RejeX is wiped on, allowed to dry to a haze for approximately 20 minutes, wiped off, then allowed to cure for 12 hours.

Curing is required to allow the monomers (polymer building blocks) that make up RejeX to attach to the surface being treated and to polymerize (crosslink) into a crystal-clear, impervious film. It is very important to allow RejeX to cure for 12 hours after the haze has been wiped off. If the coating is exposed to contamination such as oil, fuel, soot, water, cleaners, etc. before it has cured, the contaminants may interfere with the film, preventing the RejeX from achieving it's maximum performance and durability.

PROTECTS AND BEAUTIFIES PAINTED METAL, GLASS, ACRYLIC, GEL COAT, FIBERGLASS, GLOSSY PLASTIC & POLISHED METAL SURFACES
RejeX is not meant to be used on porous surfaces, highly oxidized painted surfaces, or to fill fine scratches. RejeX can be applied in multiple coats, allowing 8 hours curing time between coats for deeper color and greater depth of gloss. RejeX has a higher refractive index than waxes, so it produces richer, deeper looking colors and a lustrous long-lasting finish.

RejeX can be used over existing wax; however, the duration of protection will be reduced as the softer underlying wax degrades comparatively quickly. There is no reason to wax over RejeX. As we’ve already said, RejeX leaves a shinier, longer-lasting finish than wax… and the wax can't adhere well to RejeX!

If a RejeX-treated surface needs repainting, normal paint preparation is all that’s required. Abrasive cleaners, polishes, rubbing compounds or chemical paint strippers will remove the RejeX film.

INSTRUCTIONS

Shake well and apply to a clean, dry surface that is cool to the touch. Do not apply in direct sunlight or in temperatures greater than 85° F.
After RejeX dries to a haze (about 20 minutes), simply wipe it off. Unlike waxes that require strenuous rubbing or buffing to remove, RejeX easily wipes on and off.
Allow RejeX to cure for 12 hours out of the elements.
For optimum protection, reapply every 4-6 months as needed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't used it myself, but I get scared when products tout themselves as
"space age technology". That's great, the space age was the 60's for those who
missed it.

Anywho, they profess no free silicon which is good, and they say it's a polymer, which
could also be good.

Further googling and reading shows it seems to be somewhat popular with the
Aviation crowd...but then, those guys are whole different animals to us car people.
Nobody is going to notice a fine polish and wax job at 5,000 feet.

I'd say try it out and tell us what you think! Maybe compare it to some other
modern polymer like the Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax and see how they last!
Old 08-31-2005, 01:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice raven nice hahaha i never thought of it like that

the space age was the 60's your so funny did you come up with that all by your self??? hahaha
Old 08-31-2005, 01:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I suppose there is argument that the space age started in the 50's, but for
America I feel the Space Age was truely in the 60's

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sputnik and The Dawn of the Space Age
History changed on October 4, 1957, when the Soviet Union successfully launched Sputnik I. The world's first artificial satellite was about the size of a basketball, weighed only 183 pounds, and took about 98 minutes to orbit the Earth on its elliptical path. That launch ushered in new political, military, technological, and scientific developments. While the Sputnik launch was a single event, it marked the start of the space age and the U.S.-U.S.S.R space race

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1969: America lands man on the Moon
American Neil Armstrong has become the first man to walk on the Moon.
The astronaut stepped onto the Moon's surface, in the Sea of Tranquility, at 0256 GMT, nearly 20 minutes after first opening the hatch on the Eagle landing craft.

Armstrong had earlier reported the lunar module's safe landing with the words: "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."

As he put his left foot down first Armstrong declared: "That's one small step for man but one giant leap for mankind."

He described the surface as being like powdered charcoal and the landing craft left a crater about a foot deep.

That's my story - (curtsy)
Old 08-31-2005, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow all the proper grammer and punctuation i wish i could do that lol