Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

best way to clean black sand pearl scion??

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default best way to clean black sand pearl scion??

i got my bsp scion last night and i don;t want it to look like crap in the next few months so how do i clean it and not get swirl marks? or is that immpoissble??
Old 02-07-2004, 03:29 PM
obz
5 Year Member
SL Member

On mine I got a clear coat "scotch guard" thing that is supposed to prevent swirls. So far so good. They told me to use a special wash with it (which I haven't used) and to wax it with a special wax like once every six months. I'm not very big into using soap on my cars but it probably cleans them up much nicer. Outside of that I don't know what to tell ya. If you figure anything out, keep us posted.
Old 02-07-2004, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

only use soap that's designed for cars. if you use dish washer soap, it strips the car of its wax and can damage your paint over time. use an clean, all-cotton wash mitt. it'd probably be a good idea to give it a good wax to begin with, and that'll help keep it cleaner and get rid of any swirl marks you already have. i use an "absorber" to dry the car with, or use a good, clean chamois. don't use regular towels, they'll scratch the paint.

i wash mine every friday with mcguirese product, since i don't work on friday, and its 3 weeks old now. i waxed it yesterday and yes, it was a pain in the ___, but it looks so nice and shiny. it'll be lookin' good just in time for the el toro photoshoot.
Old 02-08-2004, 01:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I bought Zaino for my black XA. I have not had time to apply it yet, because I still have to claybar it to remove overspray. But, Zaino is supposedly stronger than carnuba, doesn't infiltrate the paint like silicone, can be applied in many layers, and they have a special product that hides swirl marks.

Few tricks that I learned on some car detailing sites: Never use a cloth that can scratch the paint; constantly turn the cloth - don't keep spreading the dust/dirt from one section to the next; don't wax/on, wax/off in round circles - follow the body lines- front to back in long strokes on the roof and hood, and top to bottom on the sides.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it works.

www.lazaino.com