Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

Dealership Paint Seal

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 06:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah i did not want to get ripped off so i got mine basic
Old 05-18-2006, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I got it, not for the shinny factor but for the 'warranty' that comes with it... The ideal of this magical lube that can somehow protect the vehicle from meteors.... ??? wrong commercial (that would explainthe Tundra commercial). There is nothing special from the product, just the interior exterior warranty.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member

i am a manager in the detail dept at a Toyota Dealership and i would say dont get the paint sealant because it is basically just like wax. The stuff we use "bonds" the paint. If you do decide to get it thats fine too because it comes with a warantee so if your paint messes up we either have to fix it or re paint. I do recommend the undercoating!!
Old 06-20-2006, 05:23 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

bryan.. what do you mean by undercoating? i got the Xillon coating put on, because it wasnt that expensive. if all it is , is a wax, then why did they tell me not to wax the car any more? they told me waxing would void the warranty. also what is the warranty they give with the paint now? i noticed swirl marks afterwards too.... i dont know. not worth it. it looks like the inside has a thick coat of armor all/ wax or something.//..
Old 06-20-2006, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member

bryan.. what do you mean by undercoating? i got the Xillon coating put on, because it wasnt that expensive. if all it is , is a wax, then why did they tell me not to wax the car any more? they told me waxing would void the warranty. also what is the warranty they give with the paint now? i noticed swirl marks afterwards too.... i dont know. not worth it. it looks like the inside has a thick coat of armor all/ wax or something.//..
First of all the sealant is just like a protectant and it really does not make the car all the shiny. I would suggest waxing your car. I have the sealant on my car and i still wax it because i dont think it leaves it as smooth or shiny as i want my paint. As far as the warranty it only covers like bird droopings sap.. anything environmental. It is true that the sealant has to be reapplied every six months. You should get a reminder in the mail (well that i what my dealership does). When i said undercoating i meant the treatment they do under the vehicle and in the wheel wells. This will prevent rusting underneath. Hope this helped
Old 06-20-2006, 07:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionBandit
... car has a good amount of wax already from factory
Doubtful for two reasons. The labor involved, and the fact that paint should cure a month or two before being waxed.

The time required to apply and buff wax would probably be the longest single step in the assembly process. And paint loses volatile ingredients for many weeks after application, during which time it is extra glossy and soft. Waxing during this period would more easily cause swirls and would delay the hardening of the paint.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:19 AM
5 Year Member

Hi guys....

Like Bryan said, the good thing about the sealant is it does come with the warranty so if something like sap, or environmental affects your paint, they cover it for you. Also, most of the sealant packages also protect your interior...The dealership that I used to work at, and the dealership I work at now had different policies as to how the interior sealant worked. At my previous dealership, if you had a stain on your seat or interior that you tried to get off but were unsuccessful, you could bring it in and we would clean it, or replace it, no charge. Its up to you the value vs. cost factor, I'm just tellin ya how it works. If you have any questions, hit me up.

Brandon Wind
brandon@toyotacv.com
Scion Rep - Toyota Chula Vista
(619)591-0900
Old 06-21-2006, 01:30 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

my dealership told me i never have to come back .. it lasts 5 years.. same stuff they use on boeing jets, and they said if someone spraypaints the car it wipes right off...
Old 06-21-2006, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member

yea we use the same type sealant...it does have to be reapplied. I would check with your dealer and the Warranty of the sealant just to make sure
Old 06-21-2006, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by carlb28
my dealership told me i never have to come back .. it lasts 5 years.. same stuff they use on boeing jets, and they said if someone spraypaints the car it wipes right off...
lol! I say wait 4 1/2 years, tag the hell out of it, and when it doesn't come off, take it back in and tell them they owe you a new paint job!
Old 06-22-2006, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Okay so now I have two paint chips on my hood and near my front driver's wheel. is this covered under the Paint Seal warranty? I'd like to bring it back so they can fix that for me. Can I?
Old 06-22-2006, 03:13 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by GetCaughtDead
lol! I say wait 4 1/2 years, tag the hell out of it, and when it doesn't come off, take it back in and tell them they owe you a new paint job!

sounds like a good idea
Old 06-22-2006, 03:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i got it and its crappy. i see no point in it, i dont know if they even put the interior sealant on mine because when i got the car i saw the bottle in my compartment that said interior sealant or something like that and it wasnt open... sooooo
Old 06-22-2006, 05:53 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by WiCkEd_TrInI
i got it and its crappy. i see no point in it, i dont know if they even put the interior sealant on mine because when i got the car i saw the bottle in my compartment that said interior sealant or something like that and it wasnt open... sooooo
wow.. lazzzzyyyy... i know mine is in there, and you could tell it was done at lightning speed because when i first got it .. looked like ther was armor all on stuff, even the radio face.. you could see spots they missed. but hey they cleaned the car .. and it was filthy. 350 dollar detail job
Old 06-22-2006, 03:16 PM
5 Year Member

that is the renewer that you apply yourself i think. We give our cutomers a renewal kit
Old 06-22-2006, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TongMan
Okay so now I have two paint chips on my hood and near my front driver's wheel. is this covered under the Paint Seal warranty? I'd like to bring it back so they can fix that for me. Can I?
It only covers defects in the paint itself, not environmental damage (i.e rain, smog, bird s**t, chips, scratches)

That is one reason why I never even considered buying it.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HeathenBrewing
It only covers defects in the paint itself, not environmental damage (i.e rain, smog, bird s**t, chips, scratches)

at least one guy used his $300 ish wiseley
Old 06-22-2006, 07:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HeathenBrewing

at least one guy used his $300 ish wiseley
Like i said, I was ready to buy it as I had done tons of research on Scions and discovered that the paint was the biggest issue. SO after we agree an the purchase price, the salesman comes on with his lojack, XM radio, blah,blah,blah to boost his sales. I told him I wanted the paint sealent. Then he gave me a brochure regarding what it covered. I looked it over and told him that basically, the only thing it covers is defective paint, right? I asked if it would cover UV fading, tiny chips, etc and he said no.

I bought a $25 bottle of Klasse sealant and used that instead.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member

actually it covers environmental issues.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so the dealership will fix my paint chips???

Quick Reply: Dealership Paint Seal