Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

Don't get your oil change at EZ Lube...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 03:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Don't get your oil change at EZ Lube...

So today it was time for an oil change. When I was about to take out the oil filter, it still had the Toyota filter from the last time I went to the dealers to get it change. Meaning that they didn't change my filter. I was so ____ed off and the filter was kinda dented. I think they were trying to take it off with a tool. It was so tight it took me a few minutes to take it off. From now on I'm going to change my own oil. For those that live in the 909 area in SoCal, it is the EZ Lube on the street called Masi across Jack in the box.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yipes--just got mine changed there!!!!
Old 09-01-2006, 04:48 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh man just check to see if they change the filter. next time u get oil change just go to dealer or do it yourself to be on the safe side. hey old yeller were the people that work there mad dog you? cause they did to me when i pulled up. i think i might go there 2moro to yell at them for not changing my filter.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you're really concerned, you can file a complaint with the Bureau of Automotive Repair in your area. There may be similiar complaints already filed, they may end up doing undercover runs and charge them for fraud and shut them down. You'll also be protecting the people in your community. Just a thought.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

As it happens--I posted my experience there a few days back: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...109&highlight=
Old 09-02-2006, 05:58 AM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Try filing a complaint with www.labbb.org or calling 800-559-LUBE.

Nothing probably gonna to happen but at least people/corporate would know.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I would say the Bureau of Automotive Repair would be a choice you could take also. Now I have to get under my ride to see if I got the Mobil 1 filter I ordered!
Old 09-07-2006, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

from now on, imma just mad dogg at the workers of ezlube
Old 09-09-2006, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Always check your oil filter to see if it's been changed. I'm also going to complain to the Toyota Dealership that I've been going to since they overtorqued my lugnuts. It's not a big issue but since I do suspension work and if the stud breaks on me, I'm the one responsible eventhough I hand tighten with a torque wrench. Remember that dealers are independently owned also.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

u gotta watch out for them, around where i live, there is a shop, not sure is it called ez lube as well, but the name is familiar.. anyway, my gf had her oil changed and they recommended a tranny flush, my gf said no, they did not put on the oil nut tight, when i took her car to the shop to flush it for her, i found out that she already at low for oil

change it yourself guys!
Old 09-13-2006, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't get your oil changes done at the dealership either. Those bastards put in 4.5 quarts in my TC. I checked when I got gas two nights ago and just had a chance to drain it out after 3 days. $#)(@#$&%@)*#$@&$)^
Old 09-13-2006, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

c-mon guys whose afraid of getting a little dirty? thats the whole purpose of owning a scion; you become one with the car. thats what makes worth owning a scion, working under the hood getting dirty and just being a man. ____ i look foward in changing my oil. its fun! plus you know you will do a good job, cause its youre car. and its not like yure changing youre motor; its just oil. for all those guys out there dont be such weenies.. and if you dont know ask.!
Old 09-19-2006, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nikkisantoro
c-mon guys whose afraid of getting a little dirty? thats the whole purpose of owning a scion; you become one with the car. thats what makes worth owning a scion, working under the hood getting dirty and just being a man. poop i look foward in changing my oil. its fun! plus you know you will do a good job, cause its youre car. and its not like yure changing youre motor; its just oil. for all those guys out there dont be such weenies.. and if you dont know ask.!
Here are a few reasons ...

1. I don't mind getting dirty myself, but I don't want to put that icky used oil container in my nice clean xB.

2. Local auto parts store is happy to sell oil and filters, but waste tank always seems to be "full" when I come back with icky container of used goop.

3. Spend a few extra bucks at the dealership and maybe they'll treat you better if / when you need major warranty work.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

sithscripter.... papi improvise.... you put that icky goopy oil in a large container like an empty water bottle ( 1gallon) or those milk containers make sure the lid is nice an tight and double bag it. Kragen will take the oil only as far as the oil filter and empty container you just toss it. You cant recycle the the oil filter and the container is just trash thats what Kragen does; you really do it for peice of mind and never mind the money. Its not about the money ! Money does make the world turn and you can buy youre way, but not all the time .
Old 09-20-2006, 12:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not only that but when you get your oil changed at toyota you get proof that you take care of your car ( via invoices) these could help you resale your car by showing you had it serviced properly
Old 09-20-2006, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry for the topic drift everyone ...

nikkisantoro: I totally agree about peace of mind. But there is a fourth reason I forgot ... I don't seem to fit under a car quite as well as I did when I was younger!

But yeah, by doing it yourself at least a few times you learn some things ... like, if you can't do a quality job in 15 minutes, neither can anyone else. And if you can't see how anyone can do it right for $9.99 ... well, they're probably not doing it right ...

If you don't do it yourself, get it done at a place that uses decent quality oil and filters and pays more than minimum wage. Even Pep Boys is better than most quickie-lube shops -- at least they use Purolator and Kendall.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ...Dealer Oil Change Problems....

Don't get your oil changes done at the dealership either. Those bastards put in 4.5 quarts in my TC. I checked when I got gas two nights ago and just had a chance to drain it out after 3 days. $#)(@#$&%@)*#$@&$)^
My XB was overfilled with oil by MILLER TOYOTA in Manassas. Oil is pumped into the motor, not added. 5 burps = 5 quarts, and most cars take 5 quarts.
My dip stick was off the scale over full. I was told NOT to expect 'PERFECTION' by the service manager when I complained that they 1. overfilled my crank case and 2. DID NOT CHECK MY DIP STICK to detect the over filling. I was not warm & fuzzy enough while complaining and I was dis-invited to next month's Strictly Scion Event. I was also told that it was a pint overfilled and told to "GET OVER IT"!
DO IT YOURSELF, or at least check it immidiataly if you have it done.
Am I seeking PERFECTION by wanting 3.8 QTS in my crank case?
Am I wrong for wanting my dip stick to be readable?
Old 09-21-2006, 06:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

XBHAWK..... i completely understand youre situation, the dealerships act as if there doing you a favor, FU&*k them ! youre paying them for there time. You know Im with you, if they call themselves a proffesional establishment they should act proffesional; and just do what the ''paying'' customer wants . Man; I would be _____ing up a storm do the job right. and then i would tell them to shove there scion meet where the sun dont shine..... XBHAWK if feel for you..
Old 09-22-2006, 12:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the feeling. I want to go to this Scion event at the ManASSas rece track.
I have never been officially dis-invited to anything, especially after being personally invited by James Harper at the sponsoring dealer (stealer). I used the term "RAPED MY MOTOR" What would you call it? I found out today that the oil filter they put on is GORILLA tight and will need a tool to remove it. WHAT TOOL DO DEALERS USE TO GET THE FILTER 'HAND TIGHT'? Every filter (I did not install) was on so tight, my arm-wrestling neighbor could not even get it off, so I have the removal tool.

The technition needed to freebase a nicotine delivery device more than he needed to check my dip stick to detect the over filled crank case.

And they don't like my right to free speach.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:20 AM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ezlube caught in a 2 year undercover sting.

State sought to shut them down.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14926880/

KNBC in los angeles did a bunch of reports about ezlube fraud in 2003.

Quick Reply: Don't get your oil change at EZ Lube...